Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Stepping out for a smoke...

Shamrock
November 21st, 2005, 11:57 PM
http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/11/21/australia.tourist.ap/index.html
Sheesh! :crazy:

Many people have to overcome real fear to step on a plane. Thank God most do it in a more responsible and less life-endangering way:D
I am a white-knuckle flyer myself, but when I look around, I spot others on board who look about as stricken as I feel. (and then of course... there are those enviable people who can actually sleep):confused:

There are some really odd, comical and outright bizarre flight stories though. Is it the altitude?
Have you ever experienced any yourself?
And are you a flyer who's in a quiet panic, reasonably calm.. or relaxed as you be on a bus?

Prin
November 22nd, 2005, 01:42 AM
On a plane from Cork (Ireland) to London Heathrow, we dropped out of the sky for at least a minute. A lot of people on that flight are first timers so you can imagine the chaos that ensued afterward... While we were dropping though, nobody said a word. It was like turbulence without the going up part... Weird.

Jeremy Irons has a house in Cork and he was on my plane twice. Once he sat right behind me. This guy plays the bad guy really well in a lot of movies and let me tell you- when you hear his voice behind you on a plane, it sends shivers up your spine until you turn around and see it's just him.:D