Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Deworming medication

tojules
November 21st, 2005, 04:24 PM
We took our Sophie into the vet on Friday and she got her kennel cough booster, her rabies shot and had her stitches out from her spay surgery...yup, big day for her but she was wonderful at the vet's office!! She was so relaxed she laid on the table while the vet and I talked. :)

Anyhow, they gave us some deworming medication for her which we gave to her on Saturday morning after she had some breakfast. All day Saturday & Sunday, we kept putting her outside to potty knowing she probably had to go, however, she wasn't going. She was mainly wandering around, sniffing every leaf on the ground and didn't seem to have to go. She has been drinking water but she has barely been eating anything. And yup, her energy level is normal as well, she's doing everything she normally does.

The vet said she might have the runs (or potentially puke) after the deworming medication, but has anybody had the opposite happen? She finally did all her business this morning, but I'm still a little concerned.

PetFriendly
November 21st, 2005, 06:11 PM
Cal the vet back. A decent vet will either advise on the phone if this is normal or not, or will give you a break, if they charge at all, for a follow up visit.

jawert1
November 21st, 2005, 07:04 PM
Also, something to keep in mind is that she just came home from spay surgery, and having an incision in an area that you need to use in order to go, might mean she's not terribly inclined to do so unless she REALLY has to. When Peach came home from abdominal surgery in the spring, she didn't go for 3 days (I FREAKED out lol), but when she did, ooft, she really did. Go with your instincts, call the vet and find out what they have to say and keep us posted :)