Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Joey went to visit the kennel today

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 20th, 2005, 10:59 PM
Joey went to visit the kennel that he will be staying at next week when we go away.
I wanted him to go for a preliminary visit before we actually left on our holiday. I wasnt there my husband took him but apparently all went well. He will be staying in the indoor kennel with the smaller dogs. He will be the biggest of the little dogs. My husband said that Joey met some of the other dogs that were already in the kennels, and he didnt growl at any of them. The owners determine what dogs get along together and then they will let them out to romp together.
It will probably be a bit tramatic for him, but I am hoping he will make some doggie friends there, and of course he will have his whale and his Teddy to keep him company and his new bed.

Prin
November 20th, 2005, 11:30 PM
Does he have a crate at home? Some rescue doggies don't like being caged, you know?

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 21st, 2005, 07:25 AM
Yes he does have a crate which he sleeps in at night. Now of his own choice, so his bed and his crate will be going with them. The owners of this kennel are great, we know them through taking our old dog there and often stop into my hubbies work for a bite and a brew. My hubby exchanges food vouchers for boarding so it usually ends of being pretty reasonible. I know they'll take good care of Joey. Except we will miss him, to bad you cant take pets on holidays.