Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Kitten is Sick- Please Help!!

Blknight03
November 20th, 2005, 06:25 PM
I adopted a kitten 2 weeks ago from an animal shelter. She was extremely active at first and seemed very healthy. About 3 days ago, she suddenly started sleeping all day, becoming very lazy. She also developed a severe case of throat spasms and a "potbellied" stomach. I took her to the vet yesterday and she determined that the kitten had tapeworms and possibly roundworms (she couldn't get a stool sample to verify). The vet gave her medicine for the worms and gave me antibiotics for the cough, but the kitten is getting worse. Her throat spasms are very violent and look so painful to her. She also just fell over today while walking and looked very out of it for a moment. I was wondering if you have any insight into what the problem might be, because I am thinking that it is something more than just worms because the vet said that the medicine would begin to take effect immediately to get rid of the worms. She is 8 weeks old and so far has only had the Eclipse 4 vaccination. I appreciate your insight very much, I am truly in need of a second opinion. Thank you!

PetFriendly
November 20th, 2005, 06:28 PM
You'd better bring her back to the vet, or, bring her to a different one. What you describe does sound like worms with a little something else, but a vet would be best able to help you.