Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I've changed food

rivers
November 20th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Ok, I have officially got Ebony off Eukanuba. yippee! She wouldn't eat anything else when we first brought her home. I tried Wellness and Nutrience and she didn't eat for 4 days.
So I now have her on Solid Gold Hundchen Flocken. She loves it. Everytime she walks past the kitchen, her nose gives a sniff, and she goes for a quick nibble. I better lift the food up, it tastes too good!
So no more brewers rice!
This has lamb, lamb meal, millet, brown rice, fish meal, barley, conala oil, rice bran, flaxseed oil, blueberies...blah blah blah. Sounds good to me. :thumbs up

Prin
November 20th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Sounds good to me. The hundchen flocken is not as tasty as the wolf cub, so if she likes it, she's not completely picky.:D I think solid gold is a great food (I feed it too).

BMDLuver
November 20th, 2005, 01:06 PM
My guy loves the wolf cub as I'm switching him over due to lack of availabilty for Merrick at the moment.

Prin
November 20th, 2005, 01:20 PM
It's the tastiest... He'll wake you up to eat. Literally.

rivers
November 20th, 2005, 02:14 PM
I wanted to get Wolf Cub, but it is for large breed dogs.

Prin
November 20th, 2005, 02:19 PM
Yeah, I talked to the company about that and they said it's not extreme enough to harm little dogs who eat it- meaning it's made for medium to large breed dogs, but certainly not giant breeds, so the changes in ingredients are not drastic enough to have any effect on... well.. anybody at all... The main difference is that you have to feed less of it so the big dogs don't have to eat 6 cups a day. The calcium levels are a bit lower, but definitely not significantly lower than any other puppy food.

rivers
November 20th, 2005, 02:23 PM
Ebony is a miniature, so was advised not to feed her that when there are so many other good foods for her size and age.

Prin
November 20th, 2005, 02:44 PM
Oh, if you can avoid it, by all means, do. Some doggies who are allergic to white rice or lamb have much fewer choices...:)

Sadie's Mom
November 20th, 2005, 08:29 PM
YAY! Good riddance to the Eukanuba too. I hate that vets recommend that junk. That was the case with my vet at least, and friends also.

I made the switch to a much better food a few months back, best thing I ever did. Sadie looks amazing. I hope you see great results with Ebony also.