Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

sick puppy

jesdez
September 21st, 2003, 10:41 PM
my dog is almost one year old. She has been Vomiting since about 7:15 am and stopped at 4:00 pm, there was traces of blood spots in her vomit around 4 pm. In the morning it was all bile and like red specs. she has also been having diarrea All day, And this morning in her feces there was fresh blood in it(that was her last semi-solid feces.) since than she has been having diarrea all day with traces of blood. we had called an 24 emegency hour vet. but they said to wait until tommorrow. we had thought she was getting better, but now at 9:30 pm she seems to be doing worse. could you please give us any suggestion of what could be wrong?

Carina
September 22nd, 2003, 07:06 AM
What sort of emergency vet tells you to wait on something like this?? Not the sort of vet I would want to take my pets to, for sure.

I hope she's OK...could maybe be an obstruction blocking her GI tract. This would explain throwing up, blood in stool, and diarrhea...but I'm not a vet, that's a mere guess. Let us know how she is!

jesdez
September 24th, 2003, 10:27 AM
thank you to replying to my question. but i havew great news. On monday morning we called our regular vet, and he came out and we found out that she had a tape worm. great huh, not really i know, but we gave her the meds he perscribed and she seems to be totalley back to normal. so all in well in the case of my puppy. once agagin thanx for the reply and hopefulley this is the last time we have to deal with something like this.

Lucky Rescue
September 24th, 2003, 11:21 AM
I'm confused. The vet came to your house, saw a tapeworm and said that was the cause of the severe symptoms??

jesdez
September 24th, 2003, 11:30 AM
no no our vet does house calls, (which is so conviniant, if you can try it) but he comes to the house. Our appointment was for 12:30pm, well at about 12:00 pm, my dog had an accident on the floor and again it was bloody, so i just waited till he got there and showed it to him, plus we had save some of her vomit, so i also showed that to him. He said in her vomit there was egments of the worm, and he said the jelliness to her stool was a dea give away. So that's how he knew.