Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bad news - I've lost my mom

glasslass
November 19th, 2005, 05:46 PM
Mom passed away last night just before midnight. I took her to emergency Wednesday afternoon because she had a rough night with upset stomach, vomiting, weakness, and feeling faint. They put her on fluids and said blood tests indicated she was anemic. She's had anemia before so we didn't think too much about it. We just figured she had a touch of flu and good thing we took her in and found out about it. They admitted her and gave her a couple units of blood to build her back up. Then they said she was diabetic. OK, that can be controlled. She had some blood in her stool so they scheduled a colonoscopy for this morning. I was with her last night and she was really uncomfortable. Her abdomen was swollen and hard and her back really ached. She had to drink a gallon of something to clean her out before the test, but she just couldn't do it. I stayed with her till about 11:15, trying to help her and rubbing her back and feet to try to relax her. She even joked about continuing that after she got to come home. I left, planning to be back at 7:30a for her test. About 10 mins after I got home, the doctor called and said her heart had just stopped shortly after I left. It's really a shock. We had just settled into our new house. She was busy fixing up her "Left Wing Command Center"; had made a cover for the small round table and a couple throw pillows. I thought we would have more time together but she already has left many memories here in the new home. At least I had a chance to tell her I loved her before I left the hospital and she told me she loved me and was lucky to have me. That means so much to me. That and that she didn't become an invalid. That would have been hard for her. I felt I should let you know what happened.
Corky, of course, will remain with us. We planned for this and Mom never had to worry what would happen to him if something happened to her. Her budgie also. We just never dreamed it would happen so fast! I've lost my closest friend, as well as my mother.

Dragonfly
November 19th, 2005, 05:49 PM
Oh, I am so sorry to hear such sad news! I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers in the days to come.

mafiaprincess
November 19th, 2005, 05:56 PM
I'm really sorry, *huggles*

I'm glad it ended on a good note though, that you got to say goodbye, and see her. That your last memory with her isn't great because it was in a hospital, but she was still in good spirits while you were together with her. My dad was upset about not getting that closure with my grandfather.. the last goodbye, and it haunted him for years.

BMDLuver
November 19th, 2005, 06:28 PM
Oh Glassglass, so very sorry. It must have been a shock. :grouphug:

mesaana
November 19th, 2005, 07:01 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that. You have my sincere condolences.

Lyne

Luba
November 19th, 2005, 07:02 PM
Oh my dear friend I am so very very sorry!

I know this must have been so horrible of a shock to you!

Please accept my condolences and I will offer prayers of love and support for you and your family. With the candle I light I will say prayers that your mother makes it safetly to the other side.

My heart my prayers my love is with you!

God Bless you my dear friend and your family.

I am so so sorry with all my heart.

Love Luba:grouphug:

Prin
November 19th, 2005, 07:31 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's a good thing that she didn't suffer for too long and you can take pride in knowing that you did everything for her. She knew how you felt about her and that is wonderful. :grouphug:

It's strange how that happens- how people die when you leave the room. Some people would say it's because your energy gave her the strength to keep going just long enough for that last visit. :grouphug:

Lucky Rescue
November 19th, 2005, 08:43 PM
I am so very sorry. I know you will miss your dear mother so very much.

A big hug for you.

pags
November 19th, 2005, 09:04 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss and you and your family will be in our prayers. :grouphug:

Hugs and much love - please let us know if there's anything we can do for you.. anything at all.

pags & family

happycats
November 19th, 2005, 09:20 PM
I'm so very sorry Glasslass, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Jackie467
November 19th, 2005, 09:26 PM
I'm so sorry. :grouphug:

Shamrock
November 19th, 2005, 10:23 PM
Glasslass, I am so terribly sorry to learn this sad news.
I know you and your dear mom were so very close, my heart goes out to you.
My deepest condolences to you and your family, you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Sending gentle hugs your way. :grouphug:

Luba
November 19th, 2005, 10:30 PM
Thinking of you tonight keeping you in my prayers. :grouphug:

jesse's mommy
November 19th, 2005, 10:57 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers. :grouphug:

poodletalk
November 20th, 2005, 07:19 AM
I am so sorry for your lost of your dear Mom. Please accept my sincere condolences.

cpietra16
November 20th, 2005, 08:03 AM
Sorry for your loss. Please accept my condolences.

Gazoo
November 20th, 2005, 10:25 AM
condolences

LL1
November 20th, 2005, 01:26 PM
My deepest sympathy on your loss.

Toonces
November 20th, 2005, 02:02 PM
I am so sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.:grouphug:

Copper'sMom
November 20th, 2005, 03:15 PM
Oh Glasslass, I am so very sorry to hear the news of your Mom passing. My deepest condolences to you and your family.:grouphug: You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

melanie
November 20th, 2005, 03:16 PM
oh thtas jsut no good, i hope your all alright. thank goodness you said your goodbys, at least she knew how much you loved her and her you, thats the most important thing in the world in such a situation.

you take it easy, and remember were all hear for you if you need us.

take care.

goldenblaze
November 20th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Very sorry for you and your family, it was fast she did not suffer. She was lucky to have you and she knows her pets are safe with you. Take Care:love:

mona_b
November 20th, 2005, 08:17 PM
I am SOOOOOO very sorry for your loss...........:grouphug:

My prayers go out to you and your family.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 20th, 2005, 08:56 PM
I am so sorry for the loss of your mom. My husband lost his mom a year okay Nov 3rd and has been thinking about her lately. It must be such a difficult thing to go through.my thoughts are with you during this time.

AliSam
November 21st, 2005, 09:18 AM
My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Schwinn
November 21st, 2005, 01:53 PM
I am so sorry, Glasslass. I wish I could say more, but I don't think I could say anything that would make it easier, other than we are all here for you.

Take care.:grouphug:

Roxy's_MA
November 21st, 2005, 02:02 PM
I am so sorry. You have my deepest condolences.:grouphug:

glasslass
November 21st, 2005, 05:51 PM
Thank you, all! I lost my Mom and my closest friend, but I'm at peace in knowing I did everything possible to make things easier for her and my Pop in their senior years. They're both gone now. I'll be alright. They did their best job to ensure that I grew up able to be strong and independent. I couldn't have asked for better parents. They weren't perfect and that's good because I wasn't a perfect kid either. But, they taught me values and love for animals. They knew how much I loved them. I can't ask for much more. It's nice to know I still have a sympathetic ear to turn to when I need it. (Editing this to clarify that I mean "because I can no longer call my Mom")

Dodie

doggy lover
November 21st, 2005, 07:08 PM
Glasslass I am so sorry to hear about your mother. It must have come as a shock to you. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :angel:

sammiec
November 21st, 2005, 09:51 PM
Glasslass, I am so very sorry for your loss! *hugs* May your memories last forever!

Cinnabear
November 21st, 2005, 11:59 PM
I'm so sorry Glasslass. I know you were looking forward to
helping her in her years.

Take care of yourself.:grouphug:

Luba
November 22nd, 2005, 12:11 AM
You can 'always' call on your mom dear, through your prayers and through talking to her spiritually. You may not hear her voice but you will feel her love in your heart and know just what she would say.

:grouphug:

Luvmypit
November 22nd, 2005, 03:51 PM
Glasslass. Oh dear love I am so so so so sorry.

Please except my heartfelt apologies. I hope you know anything you need in the world just ask. we are here for you but I think you already know that.

May God bless you and you will be in my prayers tonite.

shannon1233A
November 23rd, 2005, 02:24 PM
Glasslass, I'm so very sorry for your loss. I've only been able to post now, but you've been in my prayers. :angel: