Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

MollysMommy
November 19th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Anyone seen Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire yet? I saw it last night at an IMAX theatre. It was crazy with the massive screen and the awesome sound system. It was pretty good, and being that I am a huge fan of the books, I thought it stayed relatively close to what J.K. Rowling wrote.

Roxy's_MA
November 21st, 2005, 09:46 AM
I can't wait to see it. We are going to go to the Imax as well. It looks really good, and in my opinion Goblet of Fire is when the story starts getting good.

doggy lover
November 21st, 2005, 07:39 PM
My 16 year old son went to see it and said it was great.:thumbs up :thumbs up

jesse's mommy
November 21st, 2005, 09:06 PM
If I hadn't read the book I would have thought the movie was great, but because I have read the book, I really wasn't impressed. Don't get me wrong the effects were wonderful and it did tie into the book, but I think the movie left things out that set up storylines in the next couple of books. I know they had to pick and choose what they could and could not keep in order to make the movie within a reasonable time, but as I was watching it, I kept saying, that's not what happened, that's not what happened and Oh, they skipped this, that sets up this storyline in the next book. Jim was about to strangle me because he was watching it because of me, not because he wanted to. I just think there were important parts that the movie didn't even touch. Otherwise, it wasn't bad at all.

(I know the book is always better than the movie so no comments from the peanut gallery there.)

Jackie467
November 22nd, 2005, 11:51 AM
I saw this over the weekend. It was great. I haven't read the book. I don't really read Harry potter books at all. I might start but I would never read the book before the movie because I know I can't enjoy the movie once I'v read the book.

MollysMommy
November 22nd, 2005, 03:03 PM
If you see it at the IMAX, take some motion sickness medicine.

jesse's mommy
November 22nd, 2005, 04:42 PM
It looks really good, and in my opinion Goblet of Fire is when the story starts getting good.

This is exactly why I think they left too many details out of the movie. I don't think they revised the script after the next book came out.