Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

i'm confused!!-- cat thread

jiorji
November 18th, 2005, 07:51 PM
:confused: ...i don't even know where to begin...

to recap...i've had Twiggy (7mnths) for a while and then we got Peanut(1 yr calico) about a month ago.

They're very different cats and while I was thinking that there's no way that the whole "cats own the owner" myth can be true, Peanut's face pops in my head lol

They're both generally good cats. But once in a while they start chasing each other around the apartment like crazy. I know that cats can play wrestle but sometimes, around the lovely hours of 5am, they end up running under my bed fighting...or maybe play fighting. And other times I hear them tumbling on the floor, and one makes a weird choke noise. I don't even know who this is cos when i go in to spray them they stop and look at me like I'm crazy! Team effort I tell you!:evil:
Yes I've tried stopping it by spraying them but they stop once they see the water squirter, then go at it again. So is it playing?!?!:confused:

If they hate each other why do they groom each other??!!? Or perhaps it's cos Peanut hasn't been spayed yet? (she's due soon)

and another thing...why do kittens like to bite the other cat's neck? Is that something they grow out of?

or maybe I'm overreacting. I DID get Peanut so that Twiggy can have a play friend. Perhaps wrestling in the middle of the night can't be avoided with 2 cats.They get sepparated at night if they're too active, but it's always Peanut that ends up by herself and she's not happy about it.:( But I trust Twiggy's bladder more without a litterbox.

sigh...what to do??

papillonmama
November 18th, 2005, 08:06 PM
I have two kitties too, and my cats do the exact same thing, they're most active when I'm having the best sleep, way I see it, they're nocturnal and since they sleep allllllll day, what else is there to do at 3, 4, or 5, I just let them play and close my door, and hope that they pretty much grow out of it sooner or later, yeah, I''m sure ten or twenty years later:rolleyes: .
I know that my cats love each other, cause they're littermates and they've always really cared for on another, but they still tumble all over the apartment, knocking everything down from anywhere they can find something to knock.
All I can do is love the little buggers...

jiorji
November 18th, 2005, 09:23 PM
i'm just worried it gets a bit too rough sometimes. Claws come out and there's shrieking.

sjat24
November 18th, 2005, 10:36 PM
I think its normal for them two to play at night. My two cats do it, they are not even from the same litter nor same parents. They are a year apart and they always go at at night, not as much though since we got our pup.
I can tell the difference when they are playfighting or if they are really fighting and when they are really fighting I spray them. I wouldn't worry about them playfighting and maybe eventually you can tell the diff between play fight or the real fight. Eventually the play fight wont happen as often, they'll become older and lazier, your gonna miss them play fighting.

Shanna