Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Christmas presents for pets

doggy lover
November 17th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Ok guys and gals christmas is on its way, what gifts are you buying for your pets? I don't know what is on Tucker's list yet. I did buy a dog that barks carols but Tucker is not impressed, he gets pissed off everytime you turn it on. Then he barks at it. LOL

Prin
November 17th, 2005, 08:37 PM
I usually buy the bag of goodies at Costco and then wrap them all up individually (the bag usually breaks up nicely between the two doggies), but this year they only have bags for little doggies, so I have to be more creative...:(

jiorji
November 17th, 2005, 10:09 PM
My ladies are getting new collars :D each selected with the best color that complements their fur shades :D they'll be so sexy hehe

I'm also thinking of getting them one of those pillar scratching posts with different levels. But that depends on how I'm standing with extra money at that time. Plus my kitties already tend to jump on things high up so perhaps getting them a 3 level scratch station would not be a good idea as such behaviours should not be encouraged lol

and my piggy will get a whole lettuce all to herself :D

poodletalk
November 17th, 2005, 10:14 PM
My dogwalker makes the best dog cookies, all the dogs go crazy for them.The cookies are shaped in hearts, bones with their names on them. For 8.00$ one pound bag, (about 48 large cookies) I am ordering a bag for my brothers dog with his name Justice on it. My parents dogs Lucy and Clyde and my dog Maggie.

rivers
November 17th, 2005, 10:14 PM
My pup is getting a kong, a new bed, and a christmas jacket...and her very own christmas stocking of course!

I also saw a huge bag at walmart filled with about 8 toys (big stuffed hippo, another stuffed animal, 2 squeaky balls, 2 sqeaky bones, a frisbee, and treats) for $14. I should have grabbed one then I'm sure they are sold out already.:(

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 17th, 2005, 10:30 PM
I am going to get Joey a winter coat. Maybe a new collar as he still has the one came with. Maybe another Kong as he hid his in our backyard somewhere.

jesse's mommy
November 18th, 2005, 06:37 AM
Since we are moving to Florida, I was thinking of getting Jesse a set of Doggles and a visor hat!

Roxy's_MA
November 18th, 2005, 10:05 AM
I was thinking about filling stocking for each pet this year. I still have to decide what will go in, but it will most likely consist of treats and toys. Maybe a new "going out" collar for Roxy, and a new brush for KC.

A new water dish for all of them to share. I have switched all my bowls to ceramic except the water dish.

I was also thinking about buying the cats a scratching post from the catman. http://www.catmancatfurniture.com/ the prices seem way better than the petstores.

They will most likely be spoiled, that much I know for sure.

Dog Mom
November 18th, 2005, 10:54 AM
Our doggies are getting a futon all for themselves, and a stocking each full of goodies and new toys. The ferrets are getting a new bigger hammock and some honey nut cherrio's

raingirl
November 18th, 2005, 11:48 AM
We want to get Odin a Buddy Belt harness...but it's so expensive ($120 for the largest size)!

We think we are going to get him a round bed, as he doesn't like the one he has all that much.

Roxy's_MA
November 18th, 2005, 11:59 AM
Whats a buddy belt harness?

jessi76
November 18th, 2005, 12:13 PM
I do believe Tucker's list consists of a hula-hoop, new squeeky toys, and lots of treats. Our kitties are generally quite happy with the bows and boxes from all the gifts, but Santa usually fills their stockings with kitty treats.

I'll also be making many batches of doggy cookies for all the dogs we know and plan to donate to the shelter Tucker came from. Just a reminder to remember those doggies (kitties, bunnies, other furries) in need this christmas - donate whatever you can to a local shelter.

raingirl
November 18th, 2005, 12:15 PM
This is a buddy belt:

http://www.metropawlispetboutique.com/large_buddy_belt.jpg

supposidly they are super comfortable and last forever!

Roxy's_MA
November 18th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Basically a really good quality harness. Looks like it would be comfortable, especially for a big bully like Odin.

Beaglemom
November 18th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Misty is getting a new collar, new flexi leash, new 6 foot adjustable leash, a new chew bone and some special treats.

Copper'sMom
November 18th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Copper and Zoe got an early xmas present already!! They each got a new comfy collar. They were wearing the thick nylon ones which are hard to undo and it rubs on their neck making it red and thinned out hair. These collars are slip on, thin and flexible nylon material (soft enoung to fold it in a little ball) and they double as a choker(didn't know when I bought it!). Zoe has a pink and black plaid collar and Copper's is black with funky teal and purple designs on it.

They are getting more Kongs for Christmas, the BIG black ones. And probably another Kong Biscuit Ball(highly reccomended) as the one I just bought, Zoe chewed it and damaged it!(That's what happens when you leave a man in charge!:mad: )

Cinnabear
November 19th, 2005, 01:46 PM
They get new fuzzy animals with rope legs and I hope that it lasts for more than a week. And sometimes treats. Our cats gets nothing, just the tree to play with. LOL.

shannonRN
November 24th, 2005, 12:55 AM
That cat furniture looks really nice, Roxy's Ma. I wish I had space for a large unit like one of those. I almost had Mark convinced that we could replace our nasty cat scratching chair (one we keep just so Ruby can claw it) with a big carpeted, multi-level thing but he changed his mind and doesn't want to now. Poop.

We just bought Lucy one of those little cylindrical "kitty condos" with the three interior compartments--It's nothing special, but Miss Lucy has been increasingly scratching on one corner of the sofa so I did the thing with duct tape on the corner where she was scratching and immediately got her the condo and put it right there by that corner of the sofa. Worked like a charm. Both the cats seem to like it, which surprised me--my cats seem to be the 'ignore the toy, play with the wrapper' types.

We don't do a whole lot for christmas. Each animal gets a stocking with their favorite treats inside, but that's about it. They get enough crap the rest of the year :rolleyes: