Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Online pet Medication

PattiDou
November 17th, 2005, 09:42 AM
Does anyone know of a good Canadian pet site where i can purchase Tapeworm medication for my cats...the nearest Vet is 30 miles from my home and with 4 out of 5 cats that hunt i really need to have home delivery. :(

MollysMommy
November 17th, 2005, 11:33 AM
I asked my vet about this, and he really is not happy with the online medication groups, like petmeds.com. His reasoning is that the meds don't come directly from the manufacturer, and there is potential for contamination, etc. The vet that I take Molly to is not near me, so he offers a similar program as the online places. I just order it through them on the phone, they get it from the manufacturer, and then mail it to my house (same price, free delivery). So maybe your vet offers something similar?

Rottielover
November 17th, 2005, 11:55 AM
Molly is very correct. Call your vet and see what can be done. Online drugs are also not as strong, so they will not work as well

Roxy's_MA
November 17th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Maybe the nearest vet would ship the medication if you explained you situation.

K9Friend
November 17th, 2005, 03:43 PM
Also, there is always the risk of meds not being kept at the right temperature in shipping, etc when you purchase online! Get your meds from the vet directly. This way you'll know that they're safe.;)

Luba
November 17th, 2005, 05:14 PM
Do you have a health food store near you?
Buy a parasite treatment there...it's basically things like walnut and grapeseed extract etc... very gentle and works well.