Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

moving to Edmonton

dogznfish
November 16th, 2005, 10:50 PM
Hello all!

Now, I may not be the most prolific poster out there but rest assured, I am reading and following the threads going on.

My partner and I are moving to the big city Edmonton in a few weeks and just wanted to know if anyone there could recommend any boarding kennels. We may have about a week layover from old to new house and I think it would be better if the dogs were in a kennel instead of the stress of moving from 2 different temporary places. I'm particularly interested in any kennels who are open to having us visit during any period that our babies may be kennelled. How can I go a week without seeing the kids!!

Plus...we have the City of Edmonton brochure on off leash areas (yaaaahhh) and we are big time into agilitym, I compete with two out of our three dogs (the pup is too young) and we're keeping in touch with agility friends to get my foot into the agility scene there.

Thanks for your help!

Rick C
November 17th, 2005, 08:35 AM
Good luck in Deadmonton . . . . signed, a Calgarian. :sorry: :highfive: :angel:

Sorry, can't help with the kennel thing.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Roxy's_MA
November 17th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Well Rick we weren't Deadmonton in the last 2 quarters on Sunday.:D

dogznfish - I am not sure about the boarding, but for agility there is a great place called Grandpaws you can practice at.
http://www.grandpaws.ca/

Sadie's Mom
January 4th, 2006, 07:11 PM
^^^Yay for Grandpaws! Sadie did her first round of beginner's agility there and it was just awesome. When I get back from South America, we're going to try flyball.

Schwinn
January 5th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Well Rick we weren't Deadmonton in the last 2 quarters on Sunday.:D

Doh! Niiiice...

Have you researched vets where you are moving to? You could ask them, or if you find one you like, they may be willing to put them up for a while. I know our vet didn't do doggy daycare, but because we are clients, they take Daisy for us.