Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Fundraising efforts

seeker
November 16th, 2005, 11:00 PM
The case is supposed to go before the courts in May of 2006 and as you know the estimated cost is roughly $250,000 . Keep the donations coming even if it is only small amounts a little every week like $5 or $10 will go a long way to helping this cause .
After the news about 16 we read today on another post it becomes clearer that we all must stick together and fight this till the end.
Donations can be sent to any of many organizations . Including Staffordshire club of Canada , DLCC or Advocates for the underdog all members of www.bannedaid.com

Please contribute a much or a little as you can afford.

babyrocky1
November 16th, 2005, 11:15 PM
I have been trying to get a fund--raiser going for this cause for a really long time. I have space that holds 160 people with a stage, beside it is an Art Gallery. I can get the artists, although we can always use more, but we need some form of entertainment and we need people to come to it. what do Toronto area people think??? what kind of an event would you like to see? Would you like speakers and stuff or would you like music and even better do you play music? Someone volunteered to DJ from this site but i have lost track of him. We can definately get an auction together. Basically I need to know, would people come to this? and would people participate in the organizational aspects of it? The Space is FREE!!!! Do people have ideas for promoting this on other sites etc.???????????? Should I post it on a more general thread. PLEASE people, I need some input, Smaller places are having really great events, and so far Toronto has done nothing. It would also be a really good forum for us to come up with positive pittie promotions, we could get the press there, Im sure, even some politicos, but we need something that looks like people really care, if its a failure we will look bad. Maybe we could do an indoor rally kind of thing. Yes we still need to donate, but events can bring in bigger bucks and give us a forum to express our uh dissatisfaction with the powers that be! We can have a donation bar...that always works...

seeker
November 16th, 2005, 11:29 PM
Go to the bannedaid site and let them know about the space you have also contact the clubs listed as members . I think you will have better luck putting something together with a club that is supporting the fund effort than you would here on the board .

babyrocky1
November 17th, 2005, 06:08 PM
Steve Barker knows about this but as you can imagine is too busy to help. I have also spoken to Advocates but they arent local. I have been wondering if its okay to post this on the DLCC site, I am already registered there but it says its there for Harrassment Issues. I don't see a place for the administrator to ask...Should I just post it anyways, that and the pit bull co-op thing? The pit bull co-op has been founded because of harrasment issues so it relates. I could try Julie King but the thing is the heads of these organizations are sooo busy!...BTW there is also a post down a little further with the DLCC site and a way to register as a member, its only twenty bucks and a good way to help financially as well as upping the Banned Aid numbers! These posts can get lost so quickly so we have to keep bumping them up to keep them in site.

Invicta
November 17th, 2005, 09:37 PM
babyrocky1,
Check you pm's.

babyrocky1
November 17th, 2005, 10:59 PM
Invicta has been kind enough to pm me lots of contact people so Ill get right on that, thanks Invicta:) :highfive: Anyone that has ideas though or wants to participate, Dont be shy!

Luvmypit
November 18th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Well I know I saw some beautiful art work here by some of our members. I think pitbulliest? Not sure if she is the one I remember that was doing some nice artwork. We can also auction of services. go to local doggy daycares/dog walkers/ boarders and kennels and maybe they would be willing to donate some services. Or instead of auctioning we can sell tickets to a draw. Have 3 catergories where people can spend $5 , 20 or 50 and the prizes in each catergory relate to the price of each draw. Make it a fun night, cash bar, DJ, Some prizes and some speakers.

babyrocky1
November 18th, 2005, 06:08 PM
yes Pitbulliest is an artist, so am I, and Jonos wife...Also people in my building have said they would donate work..The thing is art is kind of expensive, so its harder to sell for fundraisers, but certainly we will try, I was thinking of going to the local pet stores, doggy boutiques and seeing if they would donate, Im quite sure they would. That part should be relatively eaasy, Right now its more volunteers to help in the organization and planning, as well as the entertainment that we need. I think once we have the DJ or band or whatever we end up going with we are well on our way. Im wondering though, how many people from here would be interested in attending. It would be good to get an idea of how popular this might be, ofcourse we would publisize it to all of the groups and sites but just to get an indication would be helpful....Oh and we would certainly want to be selling all the bullie tee shirts, buttons all of the fundraising items we already have! Another person from another site wants to do some bandanas!!! Im thinnking of this as kind of part rally, part fund-raiser. Maybe a few speakers???l

papillonmama
November 18th, 2005, 06:51 PM
hi babyrock,
I think a fundraiser sounds like an excellent idea, you have access to artists, if you ask around, maybe you could get some to do portraits of dogs and their owners, and they could make a donation for it, auctions often do well when offered to the right people, defenitely music and food. Free food always brings people in and if you offer doggy biscuits too they might bring their friends. I would get the word out too, Speakers Corner always shows the messages made for fundraisers.
Art doesn't have to be expensive, crafting is art too, maybe some doggy necklaces, or, you could make a table where people can make their dog a necklace themselves and they just need to make a donation for materials, you can get stuff like that cheap if you buy bulk. And getting donations from stores or what-not you could use them for door prizes. Easier for you would be to make a price to donate at the door, but if you make it free to come in you would get more people coming in.
Back to the point, I think a fundraiser is a great idea.
Good Luck! :)

pitbulliest
November 19th, 2005, 10:11 AM
Great idea debbie...I never thought of asking boutiques if they would be willing to donate...but that sounds reasonable...

What about a bake sale? I know it sounds kinda kindergartenish...but if we could bake doggy goods..we could make alot and sell them for a few bucks a package..it adds up....because debbie is right..art is not that easy to sell..people would rather buy something for 20 bucks than for 120, etc...

with that being said....papillonmama...you're right too...crafts don't have to be expensive...have any of you ever heard of that modeling play dough that you can bake and it becomes hard? I make pins and neclaces out of that stuff..its really easy to work with...stuff like that people like...if we would all chip in together and make something to donate..we'd have alot of stuff in no time...

woo hoo...excited.. *pees pants* lol j/k!

pitbulliest
November 19th, 2005, 10:29 AM
Ohhh..maybe I can ask around at the THS if any of the staff would be willing to donate anything :)

babyrocky1
November 19th, 2005, 07:38 PM
Thanks for all the great ideas, I think they can all work, we can use the gallery at the same time as the performance space, we can at least have art in the gallery for people to look at. I will be donating a commissioned piece and maybe a print. At the same time we can use part of the gallery for items for sale or auction, all kinds of things, whatever anyone wants to donate, its still the performance space, with the stage that we need a "main draw" Im still thinking some sort of music. I was also thinking though, that if we do do an art show, we could have the gallery for at least a few weeks, Id have to check the schedule, so I was thinking that since we want to get good press, it might be nice to run some educational seminars for free, like if we can get someone to run a seminar on Dogs and Kids, safety together! We would be educating people, and raisig our profile as a group of responsible dog owners. If we had stuff in the gallery at the same time that expressed visually, our cause, like some of the photo shop posters people have made, also we could have our pamphlets and flyers, So infact we could have a few events in the same week, building up to the fund-raising party!! :party: I remember at the begining of all this seeing a flyer by the Rotweiller Society, Im not sure if thats the exact name, it was against BSL ofcourse but the flyer also mentioned that members would go to schools for free and talk about Safety with kids and dogs. Does anyone know anything aboaut this?

pitbulliest
November 20th, 2005, 12:36 AM
TAS does the same thing Debbie...the Ontario Humane Society has a bite prevention program..I think I have the PDF on my computer somewhere...it basically teaches kids how to approach dogs and how to behave around them, how to act when a dog is behaving aggressively, what not to do..etc...

Its a great idea...I know in my building, alot of the kids are afraid of dogs....and the parents being totally ignorant azzholes doesn't help..but anyways..lol

LL1
November 20th, 2005, 02:28 PM
www.bannedaid.com has some nice things for sale to help support the battle.Several dogs have already been euthanized because of the ban,they need all the help they can get.

pitbulliest
November 20th, 2005, 03:08 PM
yeah and what's even worse is that all pups born after Dec 1st are to be killed...and yes I mean killed, not "euthanized".... pssh..nice Christmas gift..thanks Bryant..and a happy new year to you too!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

--

Anywho... I seriously think I'm gonna make doggy biscuits and wrap them up nicely in a cute package...I've already got a few tasty recipes :) what do you guys think?

Saradog
November 22nd, 2005, 12:43 PM
As part of my fundraising efforts, I'm asking everyone who usually gives me a gift to send the money to the legal challenge fund.

I'm going to do my own cards this year rather than buying retail - a pic of my dogs with muzzle and Merry Freakin' Christmas written underneath ;) .

Saradog
November 22nd, 2005, 12:46 PM
If you have $20 to spare, join the Dog Legislation Council of Canada. It's an all-volunteer organization and all membership fees go to the legal challenge fund. Or ask someone to buy a membership for you....give memberships as gifts.

www.doglegislationcouncilcanada.org

babyrocky1
November 22nd, 2005, 12:49 PM
TAS does the same thing Debbie...the Ontario Humane Society has a bite prevention program..I think I have the PDF on my computer somewhere...it basically teaches kids how to approach dogs and how to behave around them, how to act when a dog is behaving aggressively, what not to do..etc...

Its a great idea...I know in my building, alot of the kids are afraid of dogs....and the parents being totally ignorant azzholes doesn't help..but anyways..lolDo you think they would come to the space, or do they just do it on thier own premices. I would call myself but I know that your already there...BTW I got your Email but couldnt open the quesitons, the file? If we can get them to come to our event, it wouod be a great community service, we could get lots of free advertising and it would show people that we arent a bunch of "thugs" we really are responsible people looking for responsible legislation. So we coud have the gallery open and have the Safety seminar, maybe the day before the "big event" whatver that turns out to be. Maybe some Toronto doggie trainers might like to do a talk, we could do mini seminars throughout the days leading up to the event.

babyrocky1
November 22nd, 2005, 12:52 PM
As part of my fundraising efforts, I'm asking everyone who usually gives me a gift to send the money to the legal challenge fund.

I'm going to do my own cards this year rather than buying retail - a pic of my dogs with muzzle and Merry Freakin' Christmas written underneath ;) .Thats a g reat idea Saradog, I don't get enough gifts to make it worth while...LOL awww sucks to be me LOL

seeker
November 22nd, 2005, 06:43 PM

I'm going to do my own cards this year rather than buying retail - a pic of my dogs with muzzle and Merry Freakin' Christmas written underneath ;) .

Awesome idea . I am sending emails tonight to everyone that we exchange gifts with.

Saradog
November 23rd, 2005, 12:37 AM
Hey, babyrocky, even just one is worth it! If every person converted just one of their seasonal gifts into a contribution to the legal challenge fund, that would be marvellous!

And it's not just about Christmas...Hanukah, Ramadan, Kwanzaa, any other holiday celebration coming up....if there's a gift involved, convert it to a contribution to the legal challenge fund!

dmsriou
November 23rd, 2005, 10:02 AM
My husband and I just did a fundraiser in Sudbury for the DLCC over the weekend. If this is something you really want to do, get in touch with Lori Gray. She is their event coordinator and a super great help!

Visit the contact page on the DLCC website, you can email her from there...

Denise

babyrocky1
November 23rd, 2005, 05:57 PM
I spoke to Lori last night for quite sometime, shes very nice, anyways....Fundraiser is ON, they have a band for us...(the DLCC) I am looking at late April, so all of the ideas that have been posted so far will be incorporated, we have a band, so this week Im going to see if I can get the art gallery at the same time as the performancae space. So whoes into helping???????????LOL ThankyoU again Invicta and Dmsirou for hooking me up with Lori! I also spoke with her about the Pit Bull Coop and she felt that it was a great idea. I will be posting things on the Dlcc board, as Lori suggested, and when things are confirmed maybe we can start to cross post. The April date should be good since its so close to the court date:fingerscr

babyrocky1
November 23rd, 2005, 07:18 PM
Hey, babyrocky, even just one is worth it! If every person converted just one of their seasonal gifts into a contribution to the legal challenge fund, that would be marvellous!

And it's not just about Christmas...Hanukah, Ramadan, Kwanzaa, any other holiday celebration coming up....if there's a gift involved, convert it to a contribution to the legal challenge fund! We can also do our Xmas shopping on the web sites...Im going to get BRandon some Pit Bull Gear! My friend got her daughter the I:love: my pit bull tee shirt, so cute on the wee ones!

pitbulliest
November 24th, 2005, 02:40 PM
April sounds like a great idea..the weather is also looking up at that point so people aren't as lazy and more willing to actually go out and participate...

About animal control..I'm not sure how willing they would be to do that...they do it for schools, but if we asked, they'd probably refuse, unless we paid them....in that case I object...

I rather do the research and WE can do the dog biting seminar ourselves as its straightforward and donate the money for the more important issue at hand....TAS are no experts, trust me...I used to work with and train aggressive dogs so I probably know more than they do..not to sound snotty or anything..but I would just be against hiring TAS as they're the ones putting our dogs to sleep in their shelters in the first place..we could use the money for something much better than them...maybe I'm being bitter, but
uhm..can we say BLAH on TAS?!

Luvmypit
November 24th, 2005, 04:21 PM
BLAH BLAH BLAH TAS!

I think this sounds like a great idea. I would love to help. I am in ajax so I don't know what kind of cotribution I can make but will be available the day of or days before to help set up and execute this fundraiser.

It sounds very promising. I think also we need to pressure the media to come also. As soon as we know put the word out and then closer to the time send emails and tons of them.

pitbulliest
November 24th, 2005, 07:17 PM
yeah I was thinking how we would go about advertising the fundraiser..we want as many people to come out and support it as possible...I guess we'd have to make flyers...lots of em......hand em out maybe door to door even? I wouldn't mind doing it if need be...

papillonmama
November 24th, 2005, 09:32 PM
if people from this forum had access to a picture of the flyer, they could print it off of their computer, and then if everyone gave even a few a day to people they see with dogs or know who would likely support, the distribution area would be wide and a lot more would recieve flyers than just one person handing them out. I wouldn't mind giving them out to people I meet throughout the day.:)

babyrocky1
November 25th, 2005, 05:43 PM
A flyer is a great idea, also the DLCC is going to help us, I was supposed to go to there site but cant til next week sometime. I need to get on my computer at home to get the invite and I cant right now cuase of the art overload:eek:( Im staying away from the comp at home til I catch up on my work.) I will really need help a few days before, during and after, we have to pay a cleaning deposit so I need to make sure its clean after to get it back LOL Also if the gallery is free for April, we will need people to "sit the show. Any time people can give is MOST appreciated:)

babyrocky1
November 25th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Should we also advertise the PB coop on the flyer? We could say presented by PB Coop, DLCC etc etc.

pitbulliest
November 26th, 2005, 09:54 AM
Yeah I think so..in a way, the pitbull coop is a new organization..a new "coalition" if you will..the more groups forming in Ontario, the better...it would give us a name at least...which always means something...people are drawn to names lol :D

babyrocky1
December 7th, 2005, 06:16 PM
I have some good news and some bad news lOL The time we were shooting for after I talked to the DLCC was April, finally, I found the person in charge of the art gallery and foudn out they are booked for both April and May:eek: The good news is, we, Arcadians-name of my co-op are having a group show, and heres the good part, its theme is "Many years of Resistance" so our show to protest bill 132 will fit right in. I have met with some of the people putting on that show and they sounded quite optimistic to have us join them, we would still have the performance space and the gallery would have some of our stuff and also other political art and memorabilia, We will have a bit of space in there as well to set up stuff for sale or auction. The main thing is that we will have use of both spaces on the actual night of the event, I think thts important so people can wnader from the performance space to the gallery space and also the space in between. We would have to wait until May though. I guess as early in My as possible before the court date ofcourse.

babyrocky1
December 24th, 2005, 11:20 PM
We now have a tentative date for the fundraiser, It will be on the wkend of May the sixth, it will probably be afternoonish to evening and apparantly we have a chef interested in cooking us up some cool stuff! We have a band (rock) and some volunteers. We will probably try and sell approx. 120 tickets. there will be an auction, there will be music, there will probably be some sort of a bar, there will be art and lots of nice people...sooo who wants to HELP!!!!!????? We will need help organizing, setting up, cleaning up etc. etc. also we need lots of people to attend and it seems like we are lacking in members from TO. soooo can we put our heads together and see if we can build a broader network of toronto people, we need them for the fundraiser but also for all of the political actions. The DLCC could really use more members so while recruiting we could promote the fund-raiser or the other way around. Merry Christmas everyone!

pitbulliest
December 25th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Well you know that I'm obviously in...setup and cleanup..count me in for sure...I don't mind picking up garbage..lol

I'll also be baking up some dog biscuits...for food...I guess we'll have to talk about that...I'm not the best chef so don't count on me to prepare yummy meals lol...

I have some books (mostly children's books) that I will be happy to donate to the auctioning...I'll look for other things too for sure...

I think we should focus on advertising the event, contacts (getting in touch with volunteers?) and the food...

If you have food..everyone's happy...hehe..
We'll talk about it on Tues :highfive:

seeker
December 25th, 2005, 10:36 PM
We can help too , not so much with setup because we live out of town but with food and stuff to auction off etc.

babyrocky1
December 26th, 2005, 11:57 AM
Thankyou Seeker and Pitbulliest...and Merry Xmas!

babyrocky1
December 26th, 2005, 11:59 AM
If you have food..everyone's happy...hehe..
We'll talk about it on Tues :highfive: he he! "beverages" help too
;) :party:

babyrocky1
January 16th, 2006, 01:05 PM
The date of the fund-raiser has been confirmed, its Saturday May the sixth, and will likely be from around three or four till late eve. Times will be firmed up, more details to come, volunteers for the day of, the day before very much appreciated, attendance very much welcomed as well LOL

jesse's mommy
January 16th, 2006, 06:04 PM
babyrocky -- my offer still stands from before for an auction. Just pm me with details if you want it.

babyrocky1
January 18th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Please help everyone, I need a name for the up-coming fundraiser tonight....Im thinking of Bullie Bash to follow the Bullie Ball or a "pittie party" Im not thrilled with either of them but I have to submit something with a name....get creative guys......ideas?????

Invicta
January 19th, 2006, 08:11 AM
"An Evening for Bullies"

I don't know...I'm not good at this either. I'll keep thinking.

Luvmypit
January 19th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Hey Babyrocky i will be available to help on the day of.

As for names:

For pits sake
Pawsitive Pits Gala
Pit Ball

Sorry honestly its kinda hard to find something that fits right...

babyrocky1
January 19th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Thanks Luvmypit, it will be great to finally meet you, I know its kind of a long way for you. Anyways the name is now Bully Bash with the Bad Dog Band. :pawprint:

pitbulliest
January 19th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Bully Bash? Sounds good...

Debbie...I have my cell phone on, and I will also be contacting you this weekend if we don't touch base today...if you need to send anything for me to work on/print off, you know my email. I'm just waiting for the logo and info, and I will print out flyers to hand out around here as well...

Keep in touch...thanks for the email.

- Violet

babyrocky1
January 19th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Great Vi, now that we have the name we need to send Lori a sample ad, not the graphic or even designed but the wordiing. We could just work on that on the phone as well as the budget. Shannon is just about done the pb coop logo, she ended up putting in a pic loosly based on Rocky and Messina. its designed really for black and white so that anyone can print it off no problem, you can always add colour pics on your site if you want.

seeker
January 19th, 2006, 10:11 PM
I was trying to come up with a name that tied pitbulls and liberals together , but I don't think "enough liberal Bull**** was appropriate.
Your name is better .

babyrocky1
January 19th, 2006, 10:17 PM
I like yours too Seeker but we are trying to be more celebratory LOL It will be pretty tense around that time, its just before the court decision comes down.::fingerscr

babyrocky1
January 20th, 2006, 10:20 PM
Someone on the DLCC site just came up with Rock a Bully, so now Im stuck on Rock a Bully Bash, I thought I was finished last night but I really like this, the band that is playing is a Rock band so what do ya all think of that. It would be something like.....fundraiser for the DLCC legal defence, presented by the Pit Bull co-op, "ROCK A BULLIE BASH" with the BAD DoG BAND, May 6th etc etc. Remember the heart over the i in pit bull, it takes the edge off LOL

mummummum
January 20th, 2006, 11:57 PM
"Rock-a-Bullie Bash" with the Bad Dog Band ? WICKED ! I can see the posters now "Come and Dance Yer Dawgz Off !" I LUUUVVVV it. Well done !

Luvmypit
January 23rd, 2006, 04:39 PM
Look forward to meeting you all too!

Rock a bully bash..... Bravo! Especially in combination with the band name!

babyrocky1
January 25th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Hey guys, I need more input, we have submitted a budget that includes finger food, cheeze crackers etc. cause were having a donation bar, the idea was that we would just have snack food because the event was going to go from late afternoon to early eve, so people could eat dinner later. The price was going to be $20. Ijust talked to Bill who is the band leader and also a dog handler who testified for our side at the hearings, he cant start til six, so now Im wondering if it might be better to charge say $25. and order pizzas as well as snack foods. that way, even though the band is only playing til eightish, people wouldnt be running away starving...what do ya think? the cool thing about pizza is it can be veggie or not, they deliver it and you dont need much in the way of cuttlery. Also there will be lots of time before the band starts, what kind of music would people like on cds? Do ya wanna dance??? Input people.....LOL

Luvmypit
January 26th, 2006, 03:21 PM
I think Pizza is a a good idea for sure. Easy, everyone likes it, and again like you said it can be eaten without cutlery.

How long do we have the space for? You said we were gonna have a donation bar is that still on?

As for the dancing, is there a seperate room to dance in seeing as we will have art and bake goods and so on in one area that may make dancing difficult?

And if we are to have room for dancing may I suggest getting several CD's divided into particular genres that way you play a little of one see how the crowd responds, play a different genre see if anyone dances. That way you can play more of that genre while ofcourse playing other music in between.

babyrocky1
January 26th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Donation bar is still on, we have 2 spaces, but the art gallery is going to be shared with a group show in my building, I dont think that art sales will be a huge part of the event but we will have the art gallery to use to hang out in as well as the performance space. Also there is space inbetweeen the two rooms and an adjacent veranda for "smokers LOL! We will be able to set up some of the auction stuff in the gallery and some on the walls of the performance space so there should be room for dancing if some of us are so inclined! The Bad Dog Band is hard rock so I dont know if we would be dancing to that, Also they wont be starting til six. we could have dancing before or in between sets. I think now there will also be a Q and A but I have to find out more details as far as what the range of subject will be. I m not sure if its for people who dont understand the ban or if its for us about the legalities, but i think its geared more to the general public. Ill let you know more asap. Thanks for the input Luvmypit, anyone else??? also would people be interested in selling tickets and doesn anyone have ides for advertising, Publicity will be a big issue now. We would really like to sell 120 tickets!

babyrocky1
February 8th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Update, we have been trying to get some ads in the dog mags, we may have missed one of the dead lines, but we are now working on the poster and I guess soon we will be designing the tickets. I have already been contacted by people wishing to donate stuff for the auction which is wonderful considering we havent asked yet!!! The Dog Lounge will definately be helpiing to sell tickets and we are waiting to hear back from two other Toronto pet supply stores. I think tickets will also be available on line and definately through myself and Pitbulliest. Im not going to be online as much but the Pit bull co-op and the fundraisaer are alive and well so please dont forget about us LOL If anyone can think of places that would sell tickets for us on the outskirts of Toronto that would be really appreciated. And if you know of people that might be interested in coming please have them contact myself or Pitbulliest, what the heck, Debbie, or Violet as we are starting to take names and addresses already!

jesse's mommy
February 8th, 2006, 05:04 PM
I'm still in for a donation for the auction, just keep me in mind!!!

babyrocky1
February 8th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Thanks so much Jesses mom. I just dont want tempted by a midnight snack LOL Seriosly though, how far in advance would you want to send the basket? I guess it would stay fresh for a long time.

jesse's mommy
February 8th, 2006, 05:19 PM
My stuff has six month codes on it, so theoretically I could send it right now. The post office has a span of 7-14 days to deliver an "international" package. We just launched a bunch of new goodies this past week!

babyrocky1
February 16th, 2006, 08:20 PM
Hey guys we have been talking it over and are thinking of raising the price of the fundraisaer to 25. do people think that might be too high? It includes finger foods, soft drinks, and a live band along with a question and answer period. we have to make some finall decisions really soon. Opionions anyone??? I sure dont want to deter anyone from coming, but it would make a big difference in the amount of dough we can give to the fund. Ofcourse we will still have money from the auctions and the donation bar...

Copper'sMom
February 16th, 2006, 08:41 PM
I think $25.00 is fine, afterall it is going to a great and needy cause!!:pawprint: :pawprint: If you need help with drinks or food, let me know! I have a friend in the food business and I can see if I can get any deals from her!

seeker
February 16th, 2006, 09:45 PM
We all hope that most will come to support the cause The food and entertainment is a bonus 25 will not deter us from showing up. But it is a tough call at where the price should be set it is better to sell all the tickets than to have people thinking twice about spending the money . We also do not want people to feel they have spent enough on tickets that they won't buy anything else .
I really don't know where the "fine" line is on this one .

babyrocky1
February 16th, 2006, 09:51 PM
I think so too Coppers mom. the only worry now is that Modern Dog offered us some free ad space if they had room left over and we already told them twenty, thing is we havent heard from them since and dont know if the ad went in or not...Ive been emailing but havent heard back yet. It is only one really small ad so maybe we could change the price but if anyone says Hey, I thought it was twenty bucks! then we have to give them the ticket for twenty bucks, kind of unproffesional though, but then stores have the wrong price on things all the time and as long as you live up to your ads I think your covered. I dont really think we would have alot of response from the one ad anyways. Im feeling sooo out of my league with this, but hopefully itll all work out even with alllmy bungling LOL

babyrocky1
February 16th, 2006, 09:56 PM
We all hope that most will come to support the cause The food and entertainment is a bonus 25 will not deter us from showing up. But it is a tough call at where the price should be set it is better to sell all the tickets than to have people thinking twice about spending the money . We also do not want people to feel they have spent enough on tickets that they won't buy anything else .
I really don't know where the "fine" line is on this one .Thats all true too Seeker, I hate making decisions, I think that getting in touch with Modern Dog should probably be the clincher, if they did run it we should probably stick by it. True, the people that arent worried about the extra five will likely spend it on something else. Im pretty sure that the different groups will have thier tee shirts and butttons etc. there as well.

mummummum
February 16th, 2006, 10:14 PM
Could I suggest tickets be set at $20 in advance and $25 at the door ? For two reasons: 1/ people like to "get a deal" and 2/ the more advance tickets you sell, the more up-front cash you have to spend instead of paying for food/ decorations etc. out-of-pocket. Enough people will likely show up to buy tickets at the door that the five dollar differential won't have a large impact on the total dollar amount raised at the end of the day. And of course, you will have enticing door-prizes !?:party:

babyrocky1
February 16th, 2006, 10:43 PM
Yes, we will have enticing door prizes. Jessies Mom is sending us a cool goodie basket which I think we should use as one of them! It will entice people that dont even have dogs!!! I thought of the higher door price as well, and it is a concern, not having enough advance sales to purchase what we need, but I was hoping that explaining to people how important it is to buy them in advance would be enough LOL probably not. It is a good compromise, Im still concerned about that ad though. Pitbulliest and I will have to come to a decision soon, it would be nice to have this said and done, its really dragging out. We need to be spending time looking for donations rather than being stuck with this. So far people have ben very generous without us even actively looking so hopefully the trend keeps up. One of our neighbourhood pet stores has already donated a hundred dollar gift certificate which is a go for sure cause if all else fails I can buy it cause thats were I buy Rockys dog food...Im sure it will go quickly anyways..

babyrocky1
February 21st, 2006, 06:29 PM
Update again, hi all, after looking over the budget we have finally decided that there just isnt enough money to be made if we leave the tickets at $20.00 so we are raising it to $25.00. Hope that doesnt deter anyone but with the cost of the food etc. ) there just wasnt enough money left over to warrant all the work. They didnt run the ad in Modern dog so we were clear to change it. They will be running it on there web site though. (updated version) Anyways Vi is busilly designing Yet another flyer and we will have it posted here. Tickets will be available from she and I, as well as The Dog Lounge at Keele and Dundas and Helmutts pet store, on Queen west of Bathurst. The Bad Dog Band will be playing for us and there will be munchies and soft drinks, a silent auction, and a Q and A session. Wine and possibly beer will be available and donations for that wine will be much appreciated LOL ;) Ofcourse all funds raised go directly to the DLCC for the legal defence fund.