Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help!

NavyFroggy1982
September 20th, 2003, 01:29 PM
I don't know how to tell if my female cat is pregnant. This is the first time i had to deal with this. She isn't lovable anymore she is got an aittude from hell. She won't let you pick her up anymore. Her nips are getting hard at the top by her belly. Please give me any information you can. i don't have alot of money to take her to the vet. that's why i am here.

QuinnsMom
September 20th, 2003, 07:01 PM
If you can't take her to the vet and you can't touch her then you may have to wait till she is really fat or she delivers.

Could anything else be wrong? - could she be in pain? Sudden behavior change can sometimes mean serious medical problems.

I am not a vet but I will recommend that you go to one - a simple examination should only cost you maybe 50$, or take him the the SPCA hospital in your area, that may be cheaper.

I do understand money issues (I had a Wolfhound with heart failure and she cost A LOT), but it could be something more serious and if she is pregnant - that is even more money and you'll have 5-10 kittens that need medical attention, foodand homes.

Hope that helps - sorry I can't say more

NavyFroggy1982
September 20th, 2003, 07:14 PM
She is a really healthy cat since I got her 5 months ago. I got her as a stray because her mom got ran over by a car so i took her and her sister and brother in. I found a home for her sister. I still have her brother but i have one more male in the house. I don't think their is anything wrong with her because she is eating like a PIG and she sleeps most of the day. I have been looking on the net about this stuff and they say cats that are pregnant will sleep alot and the top of their nips will get hard and more visible. that's what's going on with my baby girl. Thanks for the help.

NavyFroggy1982
September 20th, 2003, 09:08 PM
Well i had a friend of mine come over that has had alot of pregnant cats and she said my cat is pregnant or in heat the way her attitude is. So I will keep all posted to let you know if she has kittens or not thanks for the help QuinnsMom. :) :) :)