Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Threadjacking

Ford
November 15th, 2005, 11:44 PM
First of all, for those who don't know, threadjacking is the action of replying to a thread completely off topic, and, either successfully, or unsuccessfully, changing the topic of the thread.

It has recently been brought to the attention of your friendly mods that this is starting to happen more and more. This is done either intentionally or unintentionally. If it is intentional, and especially if it is deemed to be malicious, we will, of course, step in with our usual even hand and deal with it at that point.

Unintentional threadjacking, however, is not something that we feel should be dealt with severely. Instead, we'd just like to ask you to be aware of your replies to a thread. Threads do tend to develop a "life of thier own", and like any conversation you may have on the street, may flow in a direction quite unintentional of the original post, and this is fine. As a matter of fact, to an extent, is encouraged. It is this type of "flow" that helps to make these boards feel like a friendly place, and a welcoming community. However, if a reply is completely unrelated to the topic at hand, it can, and has often, end a thread pre-maturely.

In order to determine if your reply might be a threadjack, ask yourself this simple question--would I interject this were this a conversation among a group of friends. After all, we hope that is how you view these threads. If you have any doubts, then please send a PM, or start a new thread.

In the meantime, on behalf of all the mods, thank you for continuing to support the board and this community, and as always, if you have any questions or doubts, please do not hesitate to contact one of us or the admins.

Signed,

Your friendly neighbourhood mods

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 16th, 2005, 12:05 AM
A good example is the is it safe to walk Joey at 5am thread it went from walking Joey at 5am, to bear spray, to american accents and toques.:D
:D I did think it was funny. But we should try to stay on the OPs original topic I agree.

Prin
November 16th, 2005, 12:09 AM
Did it offend you Joey's mom? I thought it had rhythm...:o

twodogsandacat
November 16th, 2005, 12:12 AM
Did it offend you Joey's mom? I thought it had rhythm...:o

I should never of posted that picture of Matthew McConaughey. I'm sorry. :D

Is this thread on it's way to being hijacked?

Prin
November 16th, 2005, 12:14 AM
What picture of Matthew McConaughey?:evil:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 16th, 2005, 12:26 AM
No I was not offended. I actually think it got started with the toque thing, and if I hadnt mentioned Mathew Mc whats his name his picture probably wouldn't have been posted on the thread.
Anyyways I have my flashlight and I am still walking Joey at 5am.

Prin
November 16th, 2005, 12:34 AM
Anyyways I have my flashlight and I am still walking Joey at 5am.:eek: :eek: WHAT?!?! Do you at least have a toque on?

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 16th, 2005, 12:54 AM
I actually got a Balaclava so no I look pretty scary myself.

Prin
November 16th, 2005, 12:55 AM
What's a balaclava?

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 16th, 2005, 01:01 AM
That is a Balaclava. I knew someone was going to ask.

Prin
November 16th, 2005, 01:02 AM
Very scary.:eek:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 16th, 2005, 01:03 AM
yes I think I am pretty safe with my flashlight and the above head contraption.

Prin
November 16th, 2005, 01:18 AM
You just have to paint your eyebrows dark and angry and you'll be set for sure...

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 16th, 2005, 01:21 AM
I wonder if they have doggie balaclavas. I'm not sure what Joey would do with his ears though. :D

CyberKitten
November 16th, 2005, 01:40 AM
Ahem,,,, speaking of threadjacking? lol (I have prob been guilty of it myself, not that I recall but I am sure it's happened, sigh!)

Prin
November 16th, 2005, 03:37 AM
LOL But we flowed... Right? I mean it's not like somebody came in all of a sudden with an outrageously off-topic comment, right?:angel:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 16th, 2005, 10:04 AM
It was all connected somehow.

Schwinn
November 16th, 2005, 01:20 PM
If you listen carefully...very carefully...and are VERRY quiet...out in the night, you can hear a mod banging thier head against a wall...:D

Dragonfly
November 16th, 2005, 03:02 PM
If you listen carefully...very carefully...and are VERRY quiet...out in the night, you can hear a mod banging thier head against a wall...:D

That would be me. :D

twodogsandacat
November 16th, 2005, 03:15 PM
Speaking of baklava I have a great recipe for it.

Baklava - Crushed nuts in a fyllo pastry topped with syrup.

Ingredients:
7/8 lb Almonds Ground
1 Cup Butter
2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Pinch Clove To taste
1 lb Fyllo Pastry
1 A Little Lemon Juice
2 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Thyme Honey
2 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 1/2 Cup Water
Directions:
Mix the almonds, cinnamon and clove.

Butter a pan and place 4 buttered sheets of fyllo.

Spread a thin layer of the mix and then two more sheets of fyllo.

Repeat until you have 4 sheets left, which you use for the top layer.

Cut the baklava in squares, all the way to the bottom of the pan.

Top with the remaining butter and bake in medium oven for 45 minutes.

Mix the sugar, honey, vanilla, lemon juice and 1 1/2 cup of water in a pot and boil for 5 minutes.

Remove any froth off the top and pour over the baklava.

Serve cold.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 16th, 2005, 03:20 PM
REPORTING TO MODS, REPORTING TO MODS!! this thread has been hi jacked see its gone from Balaclavas to baking whats going on PLEAAASEEE!!!!! lets get back on the subject......

but first I just need to jot down that recipe. :o

twodogsandacat
November 16th, 2005, 03:23 PM
REPORTING TO MODS, REPORTING TO MODS!! this thread has been hi jacked see its gone from Balaclavas to baking whats going on PLEAAASEEE!!!!! lets get back on the subject......
but first I just need to jot down that recipe. :o

It's called a honey pot. They have lured us here to a post regarding hijacking and have now focused all our efforts at hijacking into this one thread. Pure genius!!!

melanie
November 16th, 2005, 03:40 PM
well nice sox prin did you get them at walmart, opps i mean i didnt mean to hijack the thread or nothin, lol lol lol lol lol..:D ..

everything evolves esp our conversations here, you can post that your dog is dragging his bum one day and the next day the same thread covers world events or the stupidity of ones spouse. what i dont get is that someone must have complained big time, i mean its never like the original question does nto get answered or anything, what a wet blanket:p

does this mean that if prin happens to mention a broken leg in a post about her dog walks, that i am not allowed to inquire about said broken leg?? must i start a new thread to inquire????? or what if its my thread and im happy with the hijacking, can it still go ahead if im happy with it?? :D

or am i jsut a conversational terrorist or smart hiney??:D

is there to many topics included in this post, did i hijack my own post, 'gulp' now im worried....:D

Dragonfly
November 16th, 2005, 03:56 PM
No, Melanie, nobody complained. The Moderators noticed that there was a problem and made moves to fix it.

Most threads are posted with a purpose whether it be to share a photo or ask for some advice on a medical or behavioral issue. And there are many people who come here looking for advice on these subjects that are not members. Someone who is trying to learn how to house break their puppy doesn't necessarily want to hear about North American Politics, for example. And face it, there are a LOT more people reading these forums then just the members. For example - as I type this there are 189 people using the forum. Of this 189 people, only 18 are members.

rivers
November 16th, 2005, 04:49 PM
..and just to help with the threadjacking, here is a pic of baklava...:D

Puppyluv
November 16th, 2005, 06:54 PM
Ohhhh yummy baklava... that was one of the best things about living in Greece, actually all the greek food was amazing... mmmmmmmmmm greek food... I LOVE it!!!

happycats
November 16th, 2005, 07:03 PM
Ohhhh yummy baklava... that was one of the best things about living in Greece, actually all the greek food was amazing... mmmmmmmmmm greek food... I LOVE it!!!

OMG you lived in Greece!!! Lucky you, all that Greek food!! I LOVE Greek food too:) . ( I lived in Toronto on Pape and Danforth) I love spinokopita (sp) and bakalava, and I souvlaki, tzezeeki sauce........now I'm hungry....gotta go now.....make a snack!!!:o

twodogsandacat
November 16th, 2005, 07:05 PM
:sorry: but it's time to switch subjects again.

BMDLuver
November 16th, 2005, 07:08 PM
Omg is right about "you lived in Greece"... I honeymooned there for 3.5 weeks and would have never returned if it wasn't for my blasted job. Where did you live? That's so amazing.

oops, jacked again.

Puppyluv
November 16th, 2005, 07:16 PM
We (my parents, brother and I) lived on Paros, just outside a small fishing village called Naoussa. We only actually lived there for avout 6months before moving on (we were a tad nomadic those days- I was still pretty young- 10 - so we could move around a lot)

BMDLuver
November 16th, 2005, 07:18 PM
I went to Paros on a day trip. What an amazing childhood you must have had.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 16th, 2005, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Puppyluv We (my parents, brother and I) lived on Paros, just outside a small fishing village called Naoussa. We only actually lived there for avout 6months before moving on (we were a tad nomadic those days- I was still pretty young- 10 - so we could move around a lot)
When I was ten I played a lot of tether ball. My what a great game...except when you missed and it hit you in the face. :eek: I did actually live on my parents boat and sail up and down the baja in Mexico when I was ten. But its still not Greece.

BMDLuver
November 16th, 2005, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Puppyluv
When I was ten I played a lot of tether ball. My what a great game...except when you missed and it hit you in the face. :eek: I did actually live on my parents boat and sail up and down the baja in Mexico when I was ten. But its still not Greece.
sigh... my childhood was so boring compared to that.

Puppyluv
November 16th, 2005, 08:41 PM
I love tether ball :D (I really really do) that an four square!
Yes, my childhood was quite unique, I think the best part was that we weren't staying in hotels the entire time, we'd stay in each country for at least a month, and it would always be in small ethnic houses. (Or a night or two in a one bedroom hotel room, the size of a bathroom, with 4 cots...ahhh italy...:D )

Prin
November 16th, 2005, 11:16 PM
LOL Where, oh where, has this thread ventured? We have us a bunch of comedians, don't we? I love it! Heh heh.. Mods banging heads... But I think it shows that we're a tight community and we get along so well.

I have never been to Greece.

And Mel, thanks. I'm actually wearing the socks my boyfriend's granny knitted for me before she died a couple of years ago. They're neon orange (it's cold and nobody is looking at my feet.).:D

rivers
November 17th, 2005, 09:33 AM
Love the colour orange. My favourite colour is dark autumn red.
What's your favourite colour? :rolleyes:

doggy lover
November 17th, 2005, 09:44 AM
I remember playing teatherball when I was in school, but that was here in TO. But I was born in England and went there often to see my grandparents. I love sightseeing in London anyone else?
I love when things go off track don't you, this is how we get to know each other better, and it makes you read the thread to find out how we get from one place to another. LOL Sorry Mods.

doggy lover
November 17th, 2005, 09:46 AM
Oh yeah as we were on fav colour, mine I have a few pink, blue, brown.:p

happycats
November 17th, 2005, 11:34 AM
My favorite colour is "pink":)

My favorite beverages are, Alcohol = vodka and pink grapefruit
Non alcohol = Coke;) (classic)

What is everyone elses favorite beverages ?????

meb999
November 17th, 2005, 12:08 PM
OOOO, you're SOOOO lucky puppyluv!

I would LOVE to go to Greece, or anywhere in Europe, as a matter of fact. I've never been to Europe, although my BF tells me we'll go to Italy when I finish the Barr exams -- I can't wait!!

rivers
November 17th, 2005, 06:37 PM
My latest bev. is a glass of red wine at dinner, especially the days when the kids are driving me up the wall! Of course after I've downed the glass, I am of no use to anybody, and finishing my mommy chores, like bedtime stories and brushing teeth, is with great effort.
Otherwise, if I just get a chance to remember to make a cup of tea for myself, it is a good day with the kids running around!
:D

happycats
November 17th, 2005, 06:49 PM
My latest bev. is a glass of red wine at dinner, especially the days when the kids are driving me up the wall! Of course after I've downed the glass, I am of no use to anybody, and finishing my mommy chores, like bedtime stories and brushing teeth, is with great effort.
Otherwise, if I just get a chance to remember to make a cup of tea for myself, it is a good day with the kids running around!
:D

LOL kids seem so much sweeter, with a glass of wine!!

doggy lover
November 17th, 2005, 07:50 PM
I gave up the booze two years ago:D , now its tea and water.:p

happycats
November 17th, 2005, 07:56 PM
I gave up the booze two years ago:D , now its tea and water.:p
:o sorry doggy lover, I love tea and water too, I really love Nestle's flavoured water ( I hate the Aguafina flavoured water) the lemon and orange are the best!!

doggy lover
November 17th, 2005, 08:16 PM
Oh I wasn't a lush or anything, I had other health problems 2 years ago and quit smoking and stoped drinking any booze even though I only drank on special occasions now I just don't drink at all. I'm a cheep date, I don't eat out eather.
I wonder how long this thread can go on and keep changing the direction of the post? Oh sorry Mod's I thought I heard some more banging. LOL

BMDLuver
November 17th, 2005, 08:27 PM
My favorite beverage in the summer is a Smirnoff Ice.. wintertime it's Cinzano on the rocks..

Favorite color is purple.

If you had a chef come to your house for one evening to cook dinner... what meal would you have the chef make? Mine would be Caesar Salad, Rack of Lamb with grilled vegetables, Fresh mint sauce, garlic mashed potatoes, served with a bottle of Chateau Neuf de Pape, followed by either Cherries Jubilee or Trifle for dessert with a cafe latte then an Amaretto. Of course, the chef also does all the cleanup! :D

Prin
November 17th, 2005, 09:30 PM
My color is blue.

I don't drink either. I haven't had a sip since August 1996. I have a pretty wide selection of teas and white and brown hot chocolate too. :)

My chef... Hmmm.. What would he make? Something light and tasty with a crazy, crazy dessert-ooo like REAL tiramisu. (drool) Anybody ever have REAL tiramisu?

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 17th, 2005, 09:43 PM
I drink but not regularly. We never have booze in the house unless we are having company, or are going somewhere. We do have a bottle of champagne in the fridge, which will probably be there until at least new years.
BMDluver said
If you had a chef come to your house for one evening to cook dinner... what meal would you have the chef make? Mine would be Caesar Salad, Rack of Lamb with grilled vegetables, Fresh mint sauce, garlic mashed potatoes, served with a bottle of Chateau Neuf de Pape, followed by either Cherries Jubilee or Trifle for dessert with a cafe latte then an Amaretto. Of course, the chef also does all the cleanup

now that sounds like my kind of dinner

I think I might skip dessert and have an Irish coffee, or a drink with baileys in it.
Prin said
My chef... Hmmm.. What would he make? Something light and tasty with a crazy, crazy dessert-ooo like REAL tiramisu. (drool) Anybody ever have REAL tiramisu?

I think passed up tiramisu for cheese cake what is it exactly.

my chef would have to make crab cakes for sure and more than just two.

Prin
November 17th, 2005, 09:48 PM
Tiramisu is coffee soaked special sweet bread with a special italian cheese (not cream cheese) on top. It's like a rich coffee mousse.:)

happycats
November 17th, 2005, 09:56 PM
My favorite beverage in the summer is a Smirnoff Ice.. wintertime it's Cinzano on the rocks..

Favorite color is purple.

If you had a chef come to your house for one evening to cook dinner... what meal would you have the chef make? Mine would be Caesar Salad, Rack of Lamb with grilled vegetables, Fresh mint sauce, garlic mashed potatoes, served with a bottle of Chateau Neuf de Pape, followed by either Cherries Jubilee or Trifle for dessert with a cafe latte then an Amaretto. Of course, the chef also does all the cleanup! :D

mmmmmm now that sounds wonderful!! But for me It would be a toss up between Sushi! the chef wouldn't have to "cook" much;) the other would be a full Greek dinner!

..........Now what the heck is that darn banging sound I keep hearing????!!!!!! Does anyone else hear it?

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 17th, 2005, 10:07 PM
Prin said Tiramisu is coffee soaked special sweet bread with a special italian cheese (not cream cheese) on top. It's like a rich coffee mousse.

I may try it one day. We have got a few good Italian restraunts in town. But I am usually to full to eat dessert after eating dinner. :eek: Because they serve enough for 6 meals in one serving.

happycats
November 17th, 2005, 10:09 PM
hmmm Cinzano, what does that taste like, I have often wondered what would be good in the winter (besides hot toddies:p )

BMDLuver
November 17th, 2005, 10:12 PM
mmmmmm now that sounds wonderful!! But for me It would be a toss up between Sushi! the chef wouldn't have to "cook" much;) the other would be a full Greek dinner!

..........Now what the heck is that darn banging sound I keep hearing????!!!!!! Does anyone else hear it?
mmmm... a huge Greek spread.. with a bottle of good Greek wine..

oh, or a Tapas night... yummy tons of different dishes on tiny plates..

I love Sushi.

pags
November 17th, 2005, 10:34 PM
I want my personal chef to make something with feta and fresh spinach. My ex-husband used to make this great dish with pork chops stuffed with feta cheese. He was a sous chef in an Italian restaurant... He made an excellent tiramisu - it was almost worth keeping him around for that. But he drank too much.

Which is why I don't drink. Well, that and the fact that it makes me bloat. I bloat easily so I wear a lot of black - it's really thinning.. And that's why it's my favorite color.

I have to apologize for my fair share of threadjacking. I'm the reigning queen of wild tangents in at least four counties... :D So when you say to just imagine what would be appropriate in conversation... weeeeelll... that doesn't narrow things down for me much. *cringe*

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 17th, 2005, 10:34 PM
I think I would have a big Mexican meal,and some Sangria seeing as I am going there in eight days.

Right now I am fake n baking to get a base tan, so I dont totally burn when I am down there, or blind people with my ultra pail winterized skin.

Does anyone have any vacations planned. This is our first in 8 years.

babyrocky1
November 17th, 2005, 10:55 PM
I have to apologize for my fair share of threadjacking. I'm the reigning queen of wild tangents in at least four counties... :D So when you say to just imagine what would be appropriate in conversation... weeeeelll... that doesn't narrow things down for me much. *cringe*LOL I know just what your saying, I swear that I start off talking about whatever the rest of the group is talking about but then I start babbling about something that DOES relate, but it all gets lost somewhere, Now if someone were to ask me how it relates I could tell them. I just need that reality check, thats when Ive been known to say, but I was in the "vicinity" of the conversation!

Prin
November 18th, 2005, 12:04 AM
I had one planned in my head for today but it didn't pan out. I was supposed to go to Ottawa to get my winter tires (mom's man has good deals) and I was going to get them put on and then just keep going. I figured if I could just see the mountains and then turn back I might have enough of a boost to last me the next two weeks. But turns out, I don't have enough money to get winter tires, so I couldn't go even to Ottawa.

jesse's mommy
November 18th, 2005, 07:29 AM
I should never of posted that picture of Matthew McConaughey. I'm sorry. :D

Is this thread on it's way to being hijacked?

Speaking of threadjacking again, did you see who People magazine voted as the sexiest man alive???? Yep, our honey listed above! Whoo Hoo!

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 18th, 2005, 08:23 AM
Prin=had one planned in my head for today but it didn't pan out. I was supposed to go to Ottawa to get my winter tires (mom's man has good deals) and I was going to get them put on and then just keep going. I figured if I could just see the mountains and then turn back I might have enough of a boost to last me the next two weeks. But turns out, I don't have enough money to get winter tires, so I couldn't go even to Ottawa.

But you are such an experienced winter driver you wouldnt need them. If you kept heading south to Florida then you wont need them. Just let all our southern members know you will be stopping in for a visit.

This is the first year I have had snow tires. But I insisted as I have to drive the highway everyday and it gets pretty brutal. Just here in the city you slip and slide but its managable.

remember people we already have a snow tire thread. :D

Puppyluv
November 18th, 2005, 08:59 AM

Ooo Ooo I do! I do! I leave for Bermuda tomorrow for a week :D It's my mom's 50th birthday (shhhh I didn't tell you all that:o ) and my mom and dad left today, and my dad bought my brother and I tickets to meet them there tomorrow and suprise my mom, who thinks that we're stuck in canada:D

BMDLuver
November 18th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Wow Puppyluv, that's great! Mexico would do just fine too! I think if I could pick a spot to go to... it would be the Rain Forest.. there's a trip you can do through it on horseback staying at bed n breakfasts along the way, we considered it for our honeymoon but DH isn't a horse kind of guy.

gottahavepets
November 18th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Hate to be the one to jack the thread back from where it's gone, it is hilarious! I just wondered if it's considered thread jacking when the original author changes the subject?

Children are best enjoyed with a glass of wine, or other favorite beverage while they are sleeping, just don't choke on the bones! Oops this isn't the recipe thread! My bad!:rolleyes:

Where is the pic of Mathew Mc?? Please tell me so I can fuind it, there are sooo many threads to look thru. This is going to drive me crazy! OOps too late!

jesse's mommy
November 18th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Do a search for the 'Walking Joey at 5am is it safe' thread and click on the third page. I don't know how to link threads, but I know it can be done.

Did you see my earlier post? Guess who is People magazine's sexiest man alive????

gottahavepets
November 18th, 2005, 12:14 PM
Even with his gut hanging out and size 22 I think he'd be the sexiest man alive, and there's always his voice :sigh! Hubba Hubba:evil: :evil:

kayla
November 18th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Matthew McConaughey? Blah, he's all your gals. Heath Ledger on the other hand... http://bestsmileys.com/love1/3.gif

Favorite colour? Red.

Chef's meal? Creme Brule, Ceasar salad, roasted eggplant and porto mushrooms with homemade herbed bread, real butter, goats cheese, vegetarian filet mignon and.... um.... oh I'm gettin hungry :D

Beverage? Red wine, gin and tonic, bubbley white wine.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 18th, 2005, 09:29 PM
originally posted by puppyluvPuppyluvOoo Ooo I do! I do! I leave for Bermuda tomorrow for a week It's my mom's 50th birthday (shhhh I didn't tell you all that ) and my mom and dad left today, and my dad bought my brother and I tickets to meet them there tomorrow and suprise my mom, who thinks that we're stuck in canada

that will be so much fun, I love family holidays to tropical places this is a first for us. Hopefully the grandparents will do some baby sitting for us while we go to the market and to the discoteque oh my got has that word been used since the 70's. I feel like dancing dancing dancing I'm a dancing machine :D

Kayla originally posted

Matthew McConaughey? Blah, he's all your gals. Heath Ledger on the other hand...

personally I dont really go for long haired men, whats the consensus, I may like Heath if he got a haircut though. :D

Puppyluv
November 18th, 2005, 09:56 PM
I love them both :D
The last picture I saw of Heath, he had a shaved head, but I don't keep up on celebrity hair styles enough to know if it's still short:p

Puppyluv
November 18th, 2005, 09:59 PM
Not quite sure what the "attached image" is above, but here is what it was supposed to be:

jesse's mommy
November 18th, 2005, 10:01 PM
Heath is nice, but I'll stick with Matty...

Prin
November 18th, 2005, 11:29 PM
You just have to watch a Heath movie and then you'll understand.:love:

But you are such an experienced winter driver you wouldnt need them. If you kept heading south to Florida then you wont need them. Just let all our southern members know you will be stopping in for a visit.
Yeah, I'm an awesome driver :D, but my current tires are way too bald to get me to school on a wet day so I wouldn't get too far.:(

On the upside, I sold my old snowpants to my bro for $200! Yey! (Just so you know, I didn't rip him off, they were $600 snowpants, the best snowpants ever created ever. They were Haakenpants... Anybody remember Terje Haakenson?? He is a living legend of snowboarding. I figured, I can't squeeze my hiney in them anymore, so I gave them to my skinny vegan bro. Moral of the story: don't buy $600 snowpants at the peak of anorexia... :rolleyes: ) So now I'm halfway to having winter tires. Although, I'm a little hesitant to get my tires because we've been getting flurries every day for the past week while I've been waiting for the tires, and I'm worried that if I finally get them on, the flurries will stop.:sad:

(look out folks, she's talkative tonight! :eek: )

Puppyluv, have a great trip. We'll be expecting pics. Where is your doggy going while you're gone? How is her ring worm?

Puppyluv
November 18th, 2005, 11:44 PM
Puppyluv, have a great trip. We'll be expecting pics. Where is your doggy going while you're gone? How is her ring worm?

Thanks :) I'll bring back some pics of the beach etc. (not me on the beach, just the beach, and maybe some randomly good-looking people on the beach) It's supposed to be about 24 degrees, so not "oh my good god I think I'm going to melt" hot (which I actually adore) and not "oh my god, I live in Canada" cold. (which I actually hate) A nice compromise I think.
Layla's in the kennel... she loves it there, i spend the week missing her like crazy, and she spends the week playing (she goes into doggy day care during the day, and gets to play with all the working mommy and daddy's doggies). Her ring worm is gone, but it doesn't look that way. The scar was pretty bad (as I mentioned in the whisker thread) and it's going to have to be removed because it's proliferating into a benign tumour. But the vet and I agreed that since it's not urgent, and is really at more of a vanity stage right now, that it should wait until after she gets back from the kennel.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 18th, 2005, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Prin On the upside, I sold my old snowpants to my bro for $200! Yey! (Just so you know, I didn't rip him off, they were $600 snowpants, the best snowpants ever created ever. They were Haakenpants... Anybody remember Terje Haakenson?? He is a living legend of snowboarding. I figured, I can't squeeze my hiney in them anymore, so I gave them to my skinny vegan bro. Moral of the story: don't buy $600 snowpants at the peak of anorexia... ) So now I'm halfway to having winter tires. Although, I'm a little hesitant to get my tires because we've been getting flurries every day for the past week while I've been waiting for the tires, and I'm worried that if I finally get them on, the flurries will stop.

my snow tires were cheaper than your snow pants. I am looking for $20 snow pants so I can walk accross the street and tobaggan down the hill, or go to tube town. I dont ski so we do tube town. You go up a hill that has a rope tow and then you innertube down it, its lots of fun. Especially if you link four or more tubes and you spin all the way down the hill. I dont remember Terje Haakenson but he must be making a killing on snow pants.
Get the tires than you'll have peace of mind and you'll be safer.:D

Prin
November 18th, 2005, 11:57 PM
LOL No... Terje isn't making a killing anymore. Nobody remembers who he is. When snowboarding first appeared in the Olympics, they were all anxious for him to compete and he wouldn't. He said that snowboarding is about competing with yourself and about doing it for the sheer pleasure of the sport. It's not about competing for a piece of metal just so you can impress people. He is, in my view, the greatest snowboarder who ever lived, and he disappeared because snowboarding got too mainstream in the wrong way.

Those pants were expensive, but I swear, worth every penny. You could sit in a puddle for hours and never get wet. I went snowboarding in freezing rain in those pants and everybody was soaked to their undies and I was so dry, I drove home in my snowpants. Truly the best snowpants ever created. And to top it off, they were stitched in such a way that when you bent your knees, they bent with you. My brother was a skeptic too, but he tried them on and is now a true believer of the Haakenpants. :D (Just wait till he goes riding in them.)

Who'd have thought so much could be said about snowpants.:)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 23rd, 2005, 09:08 PM
Thanks I'll bring back some pics of the beach etc. (not me on the beach, just the beach, and maybe some randomly good-looking people on the beach) It's supposed to be about 24 degrees, so not "oh my good god I think I'm going to melt" hot (which I actually adore) and not "oh my god, I live in Canada" cold. (which I actually hate) A nice compromise I think.

have fun in Bermuda Puppyluv, have you noticed its really hard to by summer stuff now. You'd think it was winter her or something.
We leave tommorow for Puerto Vallarta so we'll be offline for a week. Joey goes up to the kennel tommorow. I think he'll make some friends there, but we will miss him. Havent checked the temp in Puerto Vallarta maybe I'll do that now. Hope its not rainy season which I think it is.

doggy lover
November 24th, 2005, 08:45 AM
It snowed last night, so who has there christmas tree up?

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 24th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Not us we will probably work on that when we get back from our trip. My hubby bought the kids a portable DVD player to watch movies while we wait in the airport.

rivers
November 24th, 2005, 09:49 AM
you know, this thread is a very clever idea to get us to ramble on willynilly, without threadjacking other posts!

I'm waiting for at least December to come, before I put up Christmas stuff.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 24th, 2005, 09:54 AM
Its 6:50 am here I really need a coffee. My kids get to leave school early today to drive down to Vancouver, they are very happy about that.

How do you keep a 4 and 7 year old up to 1am in the morning? Thats tommorow night we leave just after midnight. I was maybe going to try and keep them up late tonight so the sleep in and will stay up later. There sleep schedules are going to be really muddled up. At least there is no time change where we are going.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 24th, 2005, 09:55 AM
I did get my outside lights up though. Except we lost our outdoor timers so I dont know if they will be on when we go away.

Prin
November 24th, 2005, 10:45 AM
It snowed last night, so who has there christmas tree up?
I still don't have my snow tires! (see rant in off topic)
I cancelled all my appointments for today. SNOW DAY !!!!

jesse's mommy
November 24th, 2005, 10:50 AM
I forgot, you all are in Canada. I was wondering why you cancelled appointments -- really wondering why you had any appointments today. I'm thinking, wow, what a workaholic! It's Thanksgiving and you're still working!

So -- please don't be offended, but how am I going to know unless I ask right? Obviously Thanksgiving is a US holiday -- pilgrims and all that stuff, but do you have any holidays that are similar? Do you do anything today or around this time of year?

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 24th, 2005, 10:53 AM
I get today off because I work for an American company, I'm not complaining though. Although I did have to work the Canadian Thanksgiving. :D :evil:

Prin
November 24th, 2005, 10:53 AM
LOL LOL Jesse's mommy, you're hilarious! We have Thanksgiving, it's just in October.

glasslass
November 24th, 2005, 11:46 AM
personally I dont really go for long haired men, whats the consensus, I may like Heath if he got a haircut though. :D

I'm always dating myself again - I've always gone for that mischievious, boyish grin - like Mel Gibson, James Garner, or Brad Pitt.
Have a wonderful trip, Joey, and enjoy being with your family.
I may relax with my favorite beverage this Thanksgiving day - Vanilla vodka with Coke and a generous squeeze of fresh lime. Summertime drink, but hey, it's Calif! Right? And still warm enough to sit out on the patio when it warms up this afternoon.

BMDLuver
November 24th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Lol Glassglass, that reminded me of the three weeks we spent in Arizona in February/March. Hubby and I were walking around in shorts and tshirts while the crew from LA and those from AR were wearing long pants and coats! They thought we were nuts. Kept saying it's freezing out. :D

I love the snow and so do the dogs. They look like polar bears today all covered in it as they are lying down enjoying it.

kayla
November 24th, 2005, 12:19 PM
I love the snow! Especially the first snow of the season. Always makes me want to put up xmas lights and go play in it. I'm from Vancouver BC where we'd be lucky if there was a white xmas, one great thing about out east, there is ALWAYS a white xmas! :D

http://bestsmileys.com/christmas2/13.gif

kayla
November 24th, 2005, 12:22 PM

I'm a bit of a sucker for shaggy guys myself, not a fan of the long straight hair look though, has to be curly. :crazy:

Prin
November 24th, 2005, 01:52 PM
I'm from Vancouver BC where we'd be lucky if there was a white xmas, one great thing about out east, there is ALWAYS a white xmas! :D How long have you been here? There were a few years where there was no snow on Christmas and it is so disappointing..:( But this year's looking promising...

kayla
November 24th, 2005, 01:57 PM
How long have you been here? There were a few years where there was no snow on Christmas and it is so disappointing..:( But this year's looking promising...

Really? That suprises me! I've been here since 2000. Mind you I haven't been here for xmas every year, I usually go back west to spend it with family.

Prin
November 24th, 2005, 02:00 PM
Sometimes the snow all melts on the 23rd... We used to live up north and when we moved to the city, it was so sad around Christmas... We'd just sit there hoping there would be some snow for Christmas. Maybe all this global warming will make it more of a certainty... (Take the good with the bad, right?)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 24th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Joey and I will be back in nine days enjoy the white wheather everyone. :D

shannonRN
November 25th, 2005, 01:47 AM
Did I miss the post from one of the mods that said, "hey, show newbies how a thread gets taken on a wandering course from the coastlines of Greece to Matthew McConaughey's sexy bod to favorite colors/beverages/meals to vacations and whatever randomness you can think of?" :p

To weigh in on the threadjacking thing, I think that's what the off-topic forum is for--getting off topic. Obviously, even in the off-topic forum it would disrespectful to take a truly serious or personal topic and intentionally take it in another direction, but I fully expect other threads to get a little random--that's what makes them interesting.

For me, it's:
Green

Matthew Matthew Matthew all the way--much to my husband's dismay. Gets a bit jealous...silly, as if Matt McCounaughey is going to stroll through the door some day...I couldn't be so lucky. But Brad Pitt is pretty smokin' too, and though I generally would say that I don't care for long hair or facial hair, on the right man, some shagginess and a five o'clock shadow is definitely an okay thing

A semi-sweet red or Jose Cuervo Gold

Snow--love it for about a month. THen it needs to go away again. I drove all the way home without getting over 38mph tonight, don't ask me to figure out what that is in kph, but it was a slow slow drive. Gets old pretty quickly, pretty much once new years comes, I'm ready for summer...

melanie
November 27th, 2005, 05:30 PM
quote 'personally I dont really go for long haired men, whats the consensus, I may like Heath if he got a haircut though. '

hey is that heath ledger you speak of, the dodgy bugger. dont like him anymore, hate him in fact. he said some really nasty things about australians the other week stupid dumb thing he is, i odnt like unpatriotic ppl here, and i certainly odnt like ppl who bag out aussies, hey were pretty niceo n the scale of things. well i like us that for sure, and he is one, well was, hes not considered one by us now, stupid man shoulda kept his mouth shut, he lost heaps of fans, oh well he wasnt all that nice lookin, had a funny face and ugly bum and hes probably dumb to boot, and thats all we need with a priminister like ours:D lol lol lol. (and we didnt want his freaky kid going to school here anyway:p )..... well his movies wont do so well here in the future. grrrrrrr.

i dont like tom cruise (and its got nothin to do with him not wanting our gals, shes too hot for him anyway, oh hes never going to have a nick again, she is so hot and hes not lol) little man is what i call him, we wont even watch his movies, we call them little man movies, there is no way id give up a roast for tom cruise, i wouldnt even given up a breath of air for him.....

i watched beauty shop yesterday, that queen latifah film, now you want hot guys, check that out, ouch nearly to die for, i melted thats for sure, yuuuuummmmmmm.....

hey it snowed once here at christmas, no truly i do not tell a lie. my mum has a pic. it was as freak weather storm, it sorta snowed, or sleeted on christmas day, it was 38deg celcius in the morn, the temp dropped stupidly, it snowed, then it melted an got hot. i have seen the pics, i know it was real. jsut odd freak event and will probably never happen again. i think it was 1980 or somwhere there.

they are saying this will be the hottest summer ever on record, so no snow for melly, oh well would confuse everyone anyway especially the flies....

oh and i like blues, pinks and purple, long strolls on the beach, romantic nights and outdoor days, :D :D :D (sounds so single add doesnt it)

shannonRN
November 29th, 2005, 12:17 PM
I can't imagine Christmas without snow. I've had a few green christmases, but usually there's even a little bit of snow.

Tom Cruise isn't my thing either, and I don't follow celebrity news but I keep hearing how he's into some kind of odd religious practice that he keeps trying to 'brainwash' his women into, Nicole included. I also heard the other day that he and his new wife, whatever her name is (Keri???) bought a sonogram machine so they can monitor their baby's progress in the womb. They will donate it to a hospital once the baby is born (LOL they will donate the sonogram machine, not the baby).

doggy lover
December 1st, 2005, 07:48 PM
I think Paul Newman was a good looking guy and still is in his senior year, he is my kind of man. Pic when he was young

doggy lover
December 1st, 2005, 07:49 PM
and one of him older. Good looking for sure.

Prin
December 1st, 2005, 11:26 PM
I think Paul Newman was a good looking guy and still is in his senior year, he is my kind of man. Pic when he was young
ooo I LOVE Paul. If every man aged like Paul Newman, we'd have a very beautiful world. Are there any old movies where he doesn't play a total a**? All the ones I've seen he isn't a nice character...

meb999
December 10th, 2005, 02:20 PM
I think George Clooney is just about as hot as a guy can get. PLUS he's HILARIOUS!! Have you ever seen him interviewed? I love love love a guy with a sense of humour -- and a good butt!

dmsriou
December 10th, 2005, 06:45 PM
For me... hands down... it's gotta be Harrison Ford!

Not only is he handsome, he has also played EVERYONE of my favourite characters...

meb999
January 10th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Thought I'd revive the Threadjacking!!

Anyone in the mood for a martini? I'm bartending tonight! http://bestsmileys.com/drinking/11.gif

Prin
January 10th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Can I have a hot chocolate? I'm too cold for anything else...

TobsterMom
January 10th, 2006, 10:30 PM
Now I've got to make hot chocolate, for real. I had no intention on having one.

Mmmm...and whip cream.:p

Thanks Prin:thumbs up

meb999
January 10th, 2006, 10:30 PM
a round of hot chocolates it is!! http://bestsmileys.com/drinks/6.gif

Prin
January 10th, 2006, 10:36 PM
LOL Kettle's on! Unless anybody has an espresso maker to steam the milk with??

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 10th, 2006, 10:43 PM
So what did everyone do for new years. Hubby didnt want the champagne so its still in our fridge.

Prin
January 10th, 2006, 10:47 PM
My bro had a "game night" so we went and gamed a bit. I suck and video games give me a headache (from all the stress), so I only played a couple.

meb999
January 10th, 2006, 10:51 PM
I don't have an expresso maker (I wish! :rolleyes: ), but I have a ....ummmmm...well, I don't know what it's called. It's like a milk-heater-whipper type thingy. You pour in the milk, then put it on the stove. When the milk is hot you put this cover thingy that has a thingy on it then you pump this thingy up and down and it whips the milk and makes it frothy. Man, I'm tired, and not really making any sense. I probably shouldn't even click on 'submit reply' ...but I will anyways!!!

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 10th, 2006, 10:52 PM
WE had no plans but we had a baby sitter. These friends off ours had a party at the last minute. They've got a really nice house right beside the lake. We basically just had a few drinks, did some dancing and brought in 2006 it was fun and I met some new people. One guy had a flat coat retreiver that he said was super smart, he was right into his dog and was asking about Joey.

Also people had there kids there and were drinking I am glad my kids were at home with a baby sitter I dont think they need to see adults acting all funny and drunk I am sure it must really confuse them.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 10th, 2006, 10:55 PM
Prin=My bro had a "game night" so we went and gamed a bit. I suck and video games give me a headache (from all the stress), so I only played a couple.

I suck at Video games too, my kids got a game cube for xmas and now my son wants to have a game cube party.''But we are going bowling and to Boston Pizza instead.

meb999
January 10th, 2006, 10:58 PM
for New Years Eve we went to a friends house and had some beers.

On New Years Day, I suffered through a dinner with my mom's family. They're basically all snobby snobs, and I don't like them much (our family is the black sheep) but I go because I love my grandmother, and it makes her happy. This year's b!tchiest comment award went to my cousin who told me it was amazing that I was already 27 and haven't travelled or done anything interesting yet! ' How nice that you've already travelled around the world...and who paid for that again? Was it you? Oh! no! I remember it was your daddy!!! ' grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 10th, 2006, 11:01 PM
Oh my god I hate people sometime dont you just want to tell them to shutup.

Prin
January 10th, 2006, 11:19 PM
Me and Joey's mom will go egg their house for you. :D ooo or do donuts on their grass this spring! Nothing embarrasses snobs like bad grass!

TobsterMom
January 10th, 2006, 11:21 PM
Me and Joey's mom will go egg their house for you. :D ooo or do donuts on their grass this spring! Nothing embarrasses snobs like bad grass!

Or big dog turds on their lawn ;)

Prin
January 10th, 2006, 11:27 PM
Big dog... turds or big dog turds? I vote for number 1. I'll bring Boo and feed him too much that day.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 10th, 2006, 11:27 PM
Me and Joey's mom will go egg their house for you. ooo or do donuts on their grass this spring! Nothing embarrasses snobs like bad grass!

I'm there, shhh dont say anything but when I was walking Joey at 5 am I let him pee on my neighbours grass, they are grass snobs they would be horrified if a dog peed on their grass.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 10th, 2006, 11:29 PM
[QUOTE]Big dog... turds or big dog turds? I vote for number 1. I'll bring Boo and feed him too much that day.[/QUOTE

Joeys are smaller but he always walks when he poos so they are well spread out and easy to step in. :evil:

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 10th, 2006, 11:30 PM
Hey I'm emabrrased about my grass does that mean I am a snob. :D

Prin
January 10th, 2006, 11:31 PM
As long as you don't follow Joey with a pee bag...

Joey.E.CockersMommy
January 10th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Okay I will stop doing that. :D

TobsterMom
January 10th, 2006, 11:36 PM
Big dog... turds or big dog turds? I vote for number 1. I'll bring Boo and feed him too much that day.

I'll find the crazy beagle lady that used to walk across town so her dog could crap his runny brown poop on my lawn everyday. I watched her, she can make the dog poo on command. She always had a plastic bag full of stuff, apparantly it wasn't poo. Maybe it was Ol Roy.

I'm over tired.

Prin
January 10th, 2006, 11:37 PM
hehe you're funny when you're tired.:thumbs up

meb999
January 14th, 2006, 04:18 PM
apparantly it wasn't poo. Maybe it was Ol Roy.

I'm confused -- I thought Ol' Roy WAS poo !!!!

Britney Spears
November 8th, 2010, 06:17 AM
Hello,
You just have to paint your eyebrows dark and angry and you'll be set for sure. ;)

Budgie-mom
October 1st, 2011, 11:16 PM
So the TJT still exists does it? I was afraid you'd canceled it :wall:

Used to be on here as Bella's mom, but things have changed - a lot. For those who remember Bella -> renamed Sheba: she died early this year (or was it late last year? I wasn't with her ... long story, but in short: her "dad" got "bored" and got rid of me!) Dani is rehomed, as are Misti and Spoutnik ... he'd kept them all but after selling the house had to rehome the three survivors.

So me? 2 budgies and 4 cichlids - want a Great Dane or Neapolitan Mastiff :)