Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

STOLEN: Bulldog, Toronto

raingirl
November 15th, 2005, 01:30 PM
**** SEE UPDATE AT LAST POST ****

Yesterday a friends bulldog was stolen from him right on Queen St. and John St. He was tied up a few feet away while he got lunch (I beleive it was a hot dog stand), and someone grabbed him. He is white with light red brindle. Wearing a Red harness and black leash. Here are some pics:

http://img.meetup.com/photos/member/c/5/6/7/member_410535.jpeg

http://img.meetup.com/photos/member/4/7/0/3/member_498179.jpeg

The man who took him looked like he was homeless, grey beard. He was last seen taking him on the subway. He got away too quick and no one even helped to stop him! It's so sad to actually see someone steal your animal and you couldn't get there fast enough to stop them! City TV and the papers have already been contacted, as well as police. If you see a similar dog, please call the police immediately. The dogs name is Hank and the owner is Andrew. His phone number is 416.849.4615. If anyone lives/works downtown, keep an eye open. He is making posters up now, which I can email to anyone if they want to print them to put up where they work.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 15th, 2005, 04:42 PM
OH thats awfull I hope they get Hank back. Chances are the man who took him doesnt have a car, and hes homeless so he wouldnt be able to go very far, or hide Hank. Also its hard to miss a bulldog. I am optimistic that Hank will be found. :D

My husband walks Joey to the store sometimes, he waits until he sees someone he knows, he asks them to watch Joey and then he runs into the store. Sometimes its even the store owner that watches Joey.

maddoxies
November 15th, 2005, 04:51 PM
Be sure to put up a poster at the Humane Society.

twodogsandacat
November 15th, 2005, 04:52 PM
OH thats awfull I hope they get Hank back. Chances are the man who took him doesnt have a car, and hes homeless so he wouldnt be able to go very far, or hide Hank. Also its hard to miss a bulldog. I am optimistic that Hank will be found. :D

My husband walks Joey to the store sometimes, he waits until he sees someone he knows, he asks them to watch Joey and then he runs into the store. Sometimes its even the store owner that watches Joey.

The local storeowner has invited me in if it's slow but usually I just tell them what I need, what denomination of bills I have and they simply bring it over to the door and complete the transaction.

I don't trust kids, dogs or strangers anymore. Although when I did I had only good experiences. I once found that my big guy had dropped his ball and a guy in a car with his door open was rolling it back to him only to have the dog grab it, let go of it again and the game would continue.

You are right, Bulldogs are hard too miss and usually have some distinctive markings. I wish them the best of luck finding the dog.

cpietra16
November 15th, 2005, 05:02 PM
If he's homeless, he may try to sell him for fast cash...put up posters all around the area and subway..hopefully he'll approach someone who frequence the area. I hope you find him. Good Luck. By the way...I am sure you asked around, but usually stores in the srea know of all the homeless people that hang around. Did you ask the store owners if they see him often?

raingirl
November 15th, 2005, 06:53 PM
Update:

Aparently the homeless man was seen this morning with the dog on the subway. Because it's raining, he hasn't been outside at his usual "spots". The man who took him is known to police, and pan handles at the corner where Hank was taken. he is also known to be schizophrenic and off his medication most of the time.

THe police are working on it.

If anyone here frequents the Queen/John area and sees an older man with a grey beard, 55-65 years old, with a bulldog, call the police immediately! THe story should be on the news tonight on City TV as well.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 15th, 2005, 07:14 PM
cpietra16
If he's homeless, he may try to sell him for fast cash...put up posters all around the area and subway..hopefully he'll approach someone who frequence the area. I hope you find him. Good Luck. By the way...I am sure you asked around, but usually stores in the srea know of all the homeless people that hang around. Did you ask the store owners if they see him often?

I think if I saw a homeless person trying to sell a purebred dog I would be suspicous and would most likely contact the police.

cpietra16
November 15th, 2005, 07:27 PM
Yes, Joey.E.CockersMommy....I agree with you, but you are on this board and obviously care about animals. Some people that happen to be approached may think they are getting a great deal and not bother finding out if this dog was stolen..

raingirl
November 16th, 2005, 11:50 AM
I don't know any details yet, but the dog was recovered this morning. He didn't say anything yet as to his shape. I hope he was ok! I will update with more info later!

Aparently the homeless man gave the dog to a relative in pickering, which another homeless man knew about, and told the police about it. They went and picked up Hank earlier today. Other than being fed something that has made him have HORRIBLE gas, he is ok!