Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Found:2 GRs/St-Lazare

Lucky Rescue
November 14th, 2005, 05:50 PM
Two Golden Retrievers found running loose together in St-Lazare today, Nove 14th. If you lost them, or know who did, please PM me to identify.

coppperbelle
November 14th, 2005, 09:42 PM
If they were mine I would be frantic. Hopefully someone will come forward and claim them.
This past spring a golden was found in my neighborhood. He was young, intact and very sweet. Even though I contacted all the local shelters he was never claimed. Go figure.

Lucky Rescue
November 15th, 2005, 10:33 AM
Yes, Coppperbelle, I would be too. I just hope these dogs are lost and not dumped.

These are the dogs. If they are yours, please contact me and describe their collars and what sex they are.

badger
November 15th, 2005, 11:39 AM
Oh so sweet. Hard to believe someone could look into those eyes and then open the car door and boot them out. I swear, animal abuse is something I will never, ever get.

happycats
November 15th, 2005, 11:56 AM
OMG they are BEAUTIFUL!!! I hope their owner comes for them soon!!

maddoxies
November 15th, 2005, 01:06 PM
BMDLover and Golden Rescue are on this too.

They are two gorgeous goldens. So far no sign that anyone is looking for them :sad: but we are not jumping to any conclusions. They are safe and warm and we will go from there.

Lucky Rescue
November 15th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Just got back from my vet. No one in the clinic recognizes these dogs, but we'll keep hoping.

They are safe and warm and we will go from there

Yes, they are! And thanks ladies for helping with them!:thumbs up

maddoxies
November 15th, 2005, 05:50 PM
Owner has been located :)

Hope this has scared her enough to buy dog tags :fingerscr

BMDLuver
November 15th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Their tags are at home on the counter all chewed up. The dogs were given to the woman by the mother when she no longer wanted them. The daughter didn't see them around the neighbourhood so figured they would eventually come back. Another family relative, when she heard, started calling around and thanks to her they got their dogs back. Will they be found running again... most likely. Did I give the lady who came to pick them up an education on what happens to PB's when they disappear.. yes.

Lucky Rescue
November 15th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Did I give the lady who came to pick them up an education on what happens to PB's when they disappear.. yes.

And did it mean anything to her? Are these dogs spayed?

BMDLuver
November 15th, 2005, 08:13 PM
The lady who picked them up is a relative of the one who owns them. She had already blasted the woman for losing them and not calling anywhere to try and find them. I don't think either is spayed. They are 1.5 years old and 4 years old. sigh

cpietra16
November 15th, 2005, 08:24 PM
I really don't know them, but the red flags went up when you said they were "given" to the woman by the mother who did "not want them". It sounds like the mother gave her an old coat that no longer suited her. I feel for these dogs. I really hope she treats them like she truly wants them to be part of the family.

badger
November 15th, 2005, 08:29 PM
I hope she has your number, in the event she wants to rehome them.

Lucky Rescue
November 15th, 2005, 08:44 PM
I hope she has your number, in the event she wants to rehome them.
....or has a couple litters to "get rid of".

badger
November 15th, 2005, 09:06 PM
Uh-oh. Male and female?

coppperbelle
November 15th, 2005, 10:32 PM
[QUOTE=Deb's Lucky Rescue]....or has a couple litters to "get rid of".[/QUOTE

Aaahhh geesh, I hope not.

Next time these dogs are found wandering they may not be so lucky. I might be struck by lighting for saying this but I would think long and hard before returning them to their owner a second time.

BMDLuver
November 16th, 2005, 07:51 AM
Gave the lady who picked them up a business card. As for not returning them a second time... unless the laws change in Quebec, they were healthy, happy and well cared for... just not well watched over so no grounds to not return them. They were very lucky that Deb took them in as the Animal Control in Valleyfield, who would have ended up with them charges $90 per dog on pickup. They got them back for free. I think the $180 to the pocket book might have been a bit of an incentive but putting them at risk there was not an option.. can't punish the dogs for their owners actions.

Lucky Rescue
November 16th, 2005, 11:41 AM
Yes, these dogs were very lucky to be taken in by Debbie, and not end up at the pound or at that dog seller on Harwood.

I kind of doubt someone would pay 180$ to get back dogs she didnt' want in the first place when she didn't keep them at home, put tags on them or even try to find them.:(

Such sweet and loving dogs too.