-->

Vet fakes' dogs death?

Dog Mom
November 14th, 2005, 03:25 PM
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=bizarre&id=3626386
This is unbelieveable

Prin
November 14th, 2005, 05:19 PM
I don't know- it's told from the point of view of the people who opted to euthanize him in the first place... I know of more than a few pets who were supposed to be euthanized but were revived and adopted out. Usually it's because the owners have a crappy reason-- like a stomach bug that will eventually go away-- if you're tired of the puking and diarrhea, give the dog away... You don't have to kill it!

And the fact that he's lathargic and unhappy might give some clue into the owners as well.

All in all, I think there's another side to this story- a better side.

Roxy's_MA
November 14th, 2005, 05:55 PM
I agree with what Prin says. At the same time, the vet's dishonesty bugs me. He could have refused to euthanize instead of faking it. It is a very strange story.

Prin
November 14th, 2005, 06:14 PM
Refusing means they'll just go elsewhere and another vet will do it. Pretending means the doggy stays alive... You know? If you're really out to save the life, you don't refuse.

Byrd
November 14th, 2005, 07:32 PM
It's confusing to me that people that wanted to have her put down are now grateful to get her back... :confused:

Prin
November 14th, 2005, 09:23 PM
Sorry for the 3rd post in this thread, but they're probably only happy because the media's looking and they get to sue somebody- 15 minutes of fame. But the dog is still not happy.

Dog Mom
November 15th, 2005, 07:18 AM
I agree with Prin the Vet should be able to tell his side of the story without the media sensationalizing (sp) it, I could only imagine what he is going through right now.

Byrd
November 15th, 2005, 10:46 AM
Yeah, true, 15 minutes of fame.

We will never hear the vet's side of the story. You only get to hear the bad stuff, not the good stuff, that's why I don't watch the news.

Roxy's_MA
November 15th, 2005, 11:19 AM
Yes there is some facts that must be missing from this story, although his employees didn't agree with what he did either. I would hope most of us would be able to trust our vets. If I heard my vet did something like this, that would be the end of our relationship.

I would like to hear his opinion on what happened and why is happened.