Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Jasmine's Birthday!

Jackie467
November 14th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Well right around this time is Jasmine's birthday.:party: I'm not exactly sure what day though. She is 13! I just wanted to let you all know.

On another note, now that she is older is there anything in particular I should watch for? I know the basic stuff like arthritis, her eating and drinking habits and that stuff, but is there anything special? I'm not much of a cat expert, she is only my second cat and my other died at a young age so I don't know a whole lot about aging cats. My family always had dogs.

Thanks in advance.

Copper'sMom
November 14th, 2005, 03:07 PM
Happy Birthday Jasmine!!!:party:

Jackie, I have a senior cat who is now 18 years old, so Jasmine being 13, she's still a youngen!! lol I don't think there is really anything different to watch for. Weightloss may happen gradually, but if it happens quickly, seek vet attention promptly! Check for lumps under the skin, make sure to keep an eye on the teeth for tartar build up or tooth loss.

Cats can live up to 20 years!!! And some a little longer!!! So Jasmine may have many more years to grow even older!!

chico2
November 14th, 2005, 04:15 PM
I agree with Coppers mom,13 is only young middleage for cats.
My oldest cat lived to be 19 and only quieted down when he got sick,2 months before we had him PTS,because of cancer:sad:
Happy Birthday Jasmine!!!