Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Michael Bryant on CP24 Tonite at 9pm

bluntman
November 14th, 2005, 09:15 AM
I can't find any mention of it on there web page, but apparently he is going to be on legal briefs tonite at 9pm nov 14 on cp24 and court TV Canada, It's a live call in show. As long as his support staff does not tie up all the lines and real people get through, it should be a good show.

Invicta
November 14th, 2005, 09:53 AM
You may be able to watch it live online as well.

Call in early and be prepared to wait. I'm sure he's there to talk about gun violence however people against this legislation should call in and let him know that we're not going away and that this is wrong.

BullLover
November 14th, 2005, 10:28 AM
Let's get out there and protest.

twodogsandacat
November 14th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Where is there? Directions please.

Georgiapeaches
November 14th, 2005, 09:14 PM
It is on and the issues are the pitbull ban and gun violence. the number to call is 1-888-863-2724

twodogsandacat
November 14th, 2005, 09:46 PM
He's taking a beating on both counts.

AND he knows he'll be held accountable. I'm glad he knows it.

Time to spend some time in his ridiing handing out paper.

How does your MPP become a millionaire?
Well it can't hurt that his wife's firm bills his office for $442,566.

BullLover
November 14th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Good luck getting through....It's been busy for me for the entire time.

Georgiapeaches
November 14th, 2005, 10:01 PM
He is not bright. I'm just curious about the woman who said she is a prisoner in her own home because she was attacked by a "big dog" , is upset because so many dogs are running loose and not controlled by their owners and she applauded Bryant? Bryant asked if she was attacked by a pitbull and she responded by saying, "No, I don't know what it was, a large dog." How does the pitbull ban help her? It doesn't help her, because dogs are still going to run loose.

BullLover
November 14th, 2005, 10:10 PM
I agree! It's just ignorance. People don't even know what this ban entails....

babyrocky1
November 14th, 2005, 10:13 PM
I missed the first fifteen minutes...but hey he looked really bad right???? Hurray for Sandra, Diane, and Steve....I don't know who Steve is but boy he really got the real questions out...Why did you LIE?.... Why didn't yo listen to the experts, why did you an nounce the ban while people were still speaking...GOOOO STEVE!!!!! And congrats to whoever got the Email through about the real stats from Winnipeg and Kitchener, Oh the System worked for Sandra Jen and Lily...Good Lord!!!!! Its too bad Sandra didn't get to counter that little remark but I guess they cut her off. Oh thank goodness that woman wasn't knocked over by a pit bull. Its interesting that he is also being accused of not consulting with the people affected by the gun laws. Sounds like a pattern. I LOVED seeing him squirm!!!

Copper'sMom
November 14th, 2005, 10:13 PM
He is not bright. I'm just curious about the woman who said she is a prisoner in her own home because she was attacked by a "big dog" , is upset because so many dogs are running loose and not controlled by their owners, applauded Bryant? How does the pitbull ban help her? It doesn't help her, because dogs are still going to run loose.

Oh this lady had me fuming!!!:mad: Was she really bitten or did the dog run after her and knock her down?(I was to busy ranting to listen to her) If she had been attacked by a Pit Bull, would she have gotten away with all of her limbs intact and without the incident being in every newspaper from here to China??

Sandra Mitchell(Jen Steele - Saving Lily) managed to get through on the phone line! I think she had asked MB what compensation do dog owners get for having to prove their dog is not a Pit Bull when they have to shut their business down for a month to fight for their dog. As usual, MB didn't answer the question, he just gave a beat around the bush answer.

Copper'sMom
November 14th, 2005, 10:18 PM
I missed the first fifteen minutes...but hey he looked really bad right???? Hurray for Sandra, Diane, and Steve....I don't know who Steve is but boy he really got the real questions out...Why did you LIE?.... Why didn't yo listen to the experts, why did you an nounce the ban while people were still speaking...GOOOO STEVE!!!!!

Ya, STEVE was awesome!!!
I can't believe that Pit Bulls got more attention on this show than the gun violence!!!!! WOW!

babyrocky1
November 14th, 2005, 10:18 PM
A big dog ran her down and I think it was pretty clear that the "pit bull ban" does nothing to protect that woman. I actually think that most people watching the show would realise that. I usually don't like Lauren H but I thought he was pretty good at not letting Bryant weasle out of too much, Like when Diane put the illegal search and seizure of dogs together with the pit bull issue he tried to side swipe it but L H didn't let him.

twodogsandacat
November 14th, 2005, 10:20 PM
He is not bright. I'm just curious about the woman who said she is a prisoner in her own home because she was attacked by a "big dog" , is upset because so many dogs are running loose and not controlled by their owners, applauded Bryant? How does the pitbull ban help her? It doesn't help her, because dogs are still going to run loose.

There was not a pit bull involved and it was not an attack. I won’t call it an accident though. I was knocked over while walking my dog when another dog came running up to us and the result - back surgery.

In my case however it was an accident. Although my dog was leashed at the time I was at an area where our off leash dogs normally ran together so I should of expected it. This person was a victim but you are exactly right. Her issue is leash laws for all dogs not just pit bulls.

As for Bryant's comments regarding insurance he pretty much used the truth but only a little of it. It is awfully hard to purchase liability insurance for ANY dog. Those that do insure dogs usually give you the first incident for free but will not insure ANY dog that has attacked before. Generally it falls under your house insurance.

The more I hear him speak the more I'm convinced his aide ties his shoes.

On a side note the commercials were anti Liberal too. They attacked the power plan of the McGuinty government.

twodogsandacat
November 14th, 2005, 10:23 PM
Ya, STEVE was awesome!!!
I can't believe that Pit Bulls got more attention on this show than the gun violence!!!!! WOW!

I think that was Steve Barker from the DLCC and I think Bryant thought the same thing. He referred to him as 'this caller' not Steve. He knew who it was.

twodogsandacat
November 14th, 2005, 10:25 PM
Ya, STEVE was awesome!!!

Every time Bryant stands up to speak he should be met with this. Overall he looked like a fool. Good job to everyone who got through. :thumbs up

babyrocky1
November 14th, 2005, 10:27 PM
Oh duh, I just figured out who Steve is...I just read your post 2 dogs, I dont know why I didn't clue in right away, he sounded different, REALLY ticked off LOL

babyrocky1
November 14th, 2005, 10:29 PM
Every time Bryant stands up to speak he should be met with this. Overall he looked like a fool. Good job to everyone who got through. :thumbs upI thought so too, I thought he looked like he was gonna cry a few times LOL But then that could have been just wishful thinking....

twodogsandacat
November 14th, 2005, 10:31 PM
Oh duh, I just figured out who Steve is...

I love you Babyrocky - you're funny. :D

We'll burn your baby's muzzle yet.

I also love how Bryant pretended he didn't know who Sandra was - the number of hits on the savinglily.com website from Queenspark IP range during her crisis says he should know all about her case.

Then again he is stupid...

twodogsandacat
November 14th, 2005, 10:34 PM
Sandra Mitchell(Jen Steele - Saving Lily) managed to get through on the phone line! I think she had asked MB what compensation do dog owners get for having to prove their dog is not a Pit Bull when they have to shut their business down for a month to fight for their dog. As usual, MB didn't answer the question, he just gave a beat around the bush answer.

Sandra (and Jen) didn't face provincial charges - she faced city bylaws. Provincially you can ask for costs if you win. Hire an expensive lawyer if you know you are going to win. Make them pay.

Georgiapeaches
November 14th, 2005, 10:36 PM
I am glad the pitbull issue had so much attention on this show. It proves to Bryant that it is an issue that will not just be forgotten.
The host did get a few comments in there that were blatantly aimed at putting down Bryant...the daylight savings time remark, the dog bite stats from Kitchener & Winnepeg and a few others.

babyrocky1
November 14th, 2005, 10:38 PM
What happened at the beginning of the show? I really thought it was going to be ab out guns and I was afraid he might have finally gotten some "bull" together and might look good, you know sometimes really bad public figures get media consultants to fix them up...so I was kind of afraid to se it incase I got sick to my stomache.. . Instead I watch him being exposed for the jerk that he is!!! :evil: It was a good night LOL I was really ticked about the way he turned the ins. thing around though the reason I was told by the ins. companys that they don't inure pits is because theyare or were about to be "restricted" Oh hes just such a sleeze. BTW Rocky must have burned his own muzzle, it has disappeared inexplicably....I just had to by him a new one:eek:

twodogsandacat
November 14th, 2005, 10:47 PM
What happened at the beginning of the show? I really thought it was going to be ab out guns and I was afraid he might have finally gotten some "bull" together and might look good,

He was criticized for focusing on pit bulls when TO has a gun crisis. He said that he hasn’t been focusing on pit bulls, that was last year and that the legislation has only just taken affect.

He has instead been focused on gun issues. I sent in an email quoting Monte Kwinter in early 2004 discussing a ‘gun crisis’ and asked why Bryant is only just getting around to it. That he should have been dealing with it in 2004 not worrying about dogs. The Minister of Community Safety knew about it long before the pit bull issue. They didn’t read it.

Then they took a call and it was awesome. Diane asked why drug dealers and gun criminals have more rights against search and seizure than dog owners. It was sweet.

I had to wait until the program started to get the number and email but I have it for next time and will dial in long before the show starts. Next time, yea like he can be that stupid twice.

babyrocky1
November 14th, 2005, 10:51 PM
Too bad they didn't read your Email but come on we know he is perpetually that stupid, youll get your chance LOL I flicked on for Diane, so it sounds like he was on the defence for the whole show. Im going to watch the re-run tonight. The colour on my t.v. kind of sucks but by his expression Im thinking he was a ghastly shade of green:evil:

Me and Kayla
November 14th, 2005, 11:19 PM
wea·sel Audio pronunciation of "weasel" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (wzl)
n.

1. Any of various carnivorous mammals of the genus Mustela, having a long slender body, a long tail, short legs, and brownish fur that in many species turns white in winter.
2. A person regarded as sneaky or treacherous.

intr.v. wea·seled, also wea·selled wea·sel·ing, wea·sel·ling wea·sels, wea·sels

To be evasive; equivocate.

Phrasal Verb:
weasel out Informal

To back out of a situation or commitment in a sneaky or cowardly manner.

Weasel = Michael Bryrant

He showed his true nature tonight.

Me and Kayla

Schwinn
November 15th, 2005, 10:38 AM
I missed it, but I saw it on the replay of last night's news. They showed a clip where the caller asked why he didn't listen to the experts, and then he said he did, he had three days of public hearings. It really got me going. I was wishing I saw that last night so I could either call or e-mail why he was lieing about listening to the experts, when not one during those three days of hearings supported a ban? Did that point come up?

bluntman
November 15th, 2005, 11:28 AM
That was the best show I've ever seen on T.V, We should all Thank CP24 for giveing Bryant the oppertunity to show what a weasel he truly is:thumbs up
But on a serious note, now we need to make sure the rest of the Liberals know how bad he looked, and the fact that no one seems to be takeing him or his office seriously anymore becuse of Bill 132, and this is going to haunt Bryant and the Liberals for some time unless they begin to distance themselves from him. Bryant thought he was going to come out smelling like a rose last night,"I'm tough on guns,guns guns and crime" and Mcguinty and the rest of the Liberals would think he's the man, but instead he came off like a fool. He now know's how much do-do he's in over bill 132, becuse he refused to listen to the experts and deal with dangerous dogs after 4 days of public hearings telling him breed bans don't work(he said 3 days of hearings twice). As much as he desperatly tried to swing the topic back to guns, pit bulls ruled the show, and caught him completly off guard AGAIN! Guns and violence were a bigger issue in 04 than dogs, and Bryant blew it, and it is clear, that it's too late for him to redeem himself. After last night, our local Liberals might take us more seriously now, that they see this issue is not dead, a we are not going give up untill Bryant and bill 132 are history!!!

twodogsandacat
November 15th, 2005, 12:39 PM
I missed it, but I saw it on the replay of last night's news. They showed a clip where the caller asked why he didn't listen to the experts, and then he said he did, he had three days of public hearings. It really got me going. I was wishing I saw that last night so I could either call or e-mail why he was lieing about listening to the experts, when not one during those three days of hearings supported a ban? Did that point come up?

Yes that point came up. I think it was Steve who mentioned that Bryant was actually outside condemning pit-bulls and saying they were moving ahead with the ban WHILE THE HEARINGS WHERE STILL GOING ON INSIDE THE BUILDING. Listening to experts my a$$.

Luvmypit
November 15th, 2005, 01:32 PM
Anyway I can get this show? I missed it and am now kicking myself.

I would pay big bucks to see him squirm!

Invicta
November 15th, 2005, 04:16 PM
I'm sure his "handlers" got an earful last night for not making sure that all the calls got screened. I don't think he really thought that he'd be getting all sorts of calls about Bill 132. He was very twitchy.

My personal favourite moment was when the host showed the "Banned banned banned" clip and then said that he had never seen him that animated before or since. The host said something along the lines of "all of this gun violence and you were so concerned about dogs". Bryant mustered out a response of how guns are his top priority and all the stupid things he's doing to change things to make things better only to say "but pit bulls, when they attack the damage they do is incredible". I sat there yelling at my tv "What about the damage caused by the guns killing people in your city????!!!"

I think he was pretty pissed that everyone wanted to talk to him about the dogs. At the end of the show when they were going through emails he said "there's got to be something in there about the guns..." Host "Well, you upset a lot of dog owners there Michael." MB responds with "NO, I upset a lot of pit bull breeders and pit bull owners. The vast silent majority ----"

He's just so stupid they shouldn't let him on tv anymore.

Did anyone catch if he was asked about the money his wife's firm billed his office?

twodogsandacat
November 15th, 2005, 04:47 PM
I'm sure his "handlers" got an earful last night for not making sure that all the calls got screened. I don't think he really thought that he'd be getting all sorts of calls about Bill 132. He was very twitchy. He's just so stupid they shouldn't let him on tv anymore.

Did anyone catch if he was asked about the money his wife's firm billed his office?

No. If I had gotten through (I did but it was too late) I was going to end my other question with "do you think the fact that the law firm in which your wife is a partner was among the top ten billers to the Attorney General's Office this year will affect your credibility factor in the next election". Just to get it out there. Maybe next time.

Also that wasn't Steve Barker who called in but yet another Steve associated with the DLCC. Good job Steve.

pitbulliest
November 15th, 2005, 06:38 PM
ohhhh man...did anyone tape it? I'll pay to see it I swear..
DRAT I always miss the good stuff :(

twodogsandacat
November 15th, 2005, 08:38 PM
I am watching the Ontario Legislature channel. They are attacking Bryant and the McGuinty government over the gun issue. Hampton just said that the McGuinty government is more concerned with pit bulls.

They are also attacking them for announcing, announcing and then announcing again that they will hire more police. The reality is that the number of police officers per capita is down 9%.

I wonder how many PC MPPs and NDP MPPs were watching Pulse24 last night.

I think this is an issue we need to attack Bryant on. Considering the gun issue goes back six months before the first mention of a pit bull ban was even brought up it seems he really wasn’t too interested in it then. I am still convinced that as many community activists say - if these were mostly white kids being shot they would of acted sooner.

babyrocky1
November 15th, 2005, 10:01 PM
I saw part of question period too, John Tory was really going after him, his pudgy weasleness is on now but I just cant stand watching him....Oh hes finished-one guy clapped for himLOL Did you guys catch him last night when he was talking about reverse onus for people charged with gun crimes??? Whats up with him and reverse onus Apparantly he doesn't believe in democracy for anyone ! And what about the woman who called in from the Canadian African Society???? Askking him why he refuses to meet with them...why he didn't consult with the people involved??? Same old Same old ....Sounds a little familiar. Bluntman is right...he can't recover any sense of credibility now. Especially considering that hes finally got the spotlight he craved and hes shown himself to be a liar and a fool! Okay we might have helped show him to be a liar and a fool LOL I don't think we will get anothet shot at him on City, I have a feeling he will be steering clear of that station for the forseeable future!!! Aha! so I wasn't clueless....it wasn't Steve Barker...two anti Bryant Steves are better than one... LOL OH and there were Four days of Commitee, not three...cant that idiot get anything right...! One more thing, all of the mpps, most of them liberal, got paid extra for sitting on Committee!, so thats where all of our efforts went , lining Fiberal pockets in a mock hearing!

twodogsandacat
November 15th, 2005, 10:25 PM
Aha! so I wasn't clueless....it wasn't Steve Barker...two anti Bryant Steves are better than one...

I was pretty sure that was Steve Barker but I was told by one of the other callers to the show that it was another Steve from DLCC. I'm thinking of changing my name to Steve.

This has to be one of the threads that I've posted the most to but I'm so ecstatic that the man just comes of so badly in a live discussion. He was nothing but cannon fodder.

As for my TV choices: I never thought I would watch Legislative TV but it's like watching a car wreck. I can’t look away.

I also found out by watching that they are cutting down on jail costs by remanding cases. Same for young ofenders - a repeat offender steals a car and he gets............a sternly worded letter. Tough on crime Bryant.

seeker
November 15th, 2005, 10:27 PM
For some strange reason whenever I read or hear about Bryant looking like a fool infront of the cameras I get this warm fuzzy feeling .
The facts speak for themselves and although I missed the program last night it sounds as if the little man got his fair share of negative publicity from more than just us . This is good and hopefully a sign of things to come for Him and his government.

I think it is time for another PROTEST at Queens park.

babyrocky1
November 15th, 2005, 10:35 PM
Those shows repeat themselves throughout the week. If you phone City Im sure theyll tell you when its on again. It really is a "must see" way more than two thumbs up, t.v.!!!!!:thumbs up :thumbs up :thumbs up.... Yes another protest would be good fun!!!! But I also think its time to do some p.r. As fun as Bryant bashing is, its only half the battle, courts still tend to reflect public opinion and so we have to think of ways of getting back our "pitties" good name. I think Two Dogs has a good strategie for Bryant, we need to get him on other issues. Not that he isn't doing a really good job of that all on his own! LOL

seeker
November 15th, 2005, 10:38 PM
a repeat offender steals a car and he gets............a sternly worded letter. Tough on crime Bryant.

And the offer to come to group therapy sessions so he can "find" himself. Only if he WANTS to attend though because forcing such a person to do it could have negative effects on his personality .

seeker
November 15th, 2005, 10:48 PM
Does anyone know what station # CP24 is on Expressvu I cannot find it .
You are right Babyrocky much damage was done to our dogs reputation in the past year . The government's influence on the media to report pitbull stories was very effective and we still hear very little about other breeds .
It will be very hard to downplay that hype but discrediting its main source is a good way to start and by the sounds of it last night did have that effect on the "little man of action" .
I don't know how effective showing our dogs in a good light will be the public has a very jaded view of pitbulls right now and I don't know what would be an effective way to change that.

babyrocky1
November 15th, 2005, 10:58 PM
I think that was actually more true at the beginning, I feel its starting to shift now. those of us who live in the higher populated areas deal with conversations everyday. We are walking muzzled dogs afterall:eek: Ive talked to sooo many people lately, people whom I would never expect to be on side, who are! Most of my clients, I do commisioned art work, live in Bryants riding, I have spoken to alot of them about him. Im not saying I strike up a political conversation with all of my clients, but if I feel comfortable with them and we start talking about dogs, well.... :) It may not be enough to sway who they vote for but then we have more amunition than just the pit bull thing. I don't know how much campaigning Ill be doing in the Fed election if its COLD outside but if it were provincial...entirely different story HA! It cant be that hard to get our dogs some good press, they are great dogs and "pit bulls" make news! We just have to think of some creative ways to showcase their talents LOL BTW I replied to your pm:)

seeker
November 15th, 2005, 11:09 PM
That is good to hear and I thought it was just me but I am getting similar positive comments about our dogs.
As for a political election I have made a promise in writing to My Liberal Mpp to actively campaign against him in 2007 and I am really looking forward to it . The Feds normally don't get me too excited but I can't ignore any political news these days.
PM s .... I always miss them.

twodogsandacat
November 15th, 2005, 11:24 PM
Does anyone know what station # CP24 is on Expressvu I cannot find it

It’s 503 according to http://www.bell.ca/media/en/all_regions/images/pdf/television/channels/channel_lineup.pdf

However it seems that this show won’t repeat according to the schedule at http://www.pulse24.com/Schedule/Table_Page/page.asp but you can always email from the home page at pulse24.com.

Also I have emailed the show regarding purchasing a transcript or tape. If available I will share it with you....the next time I'm in the St. Paul’s riding.

Invicta
November 16th, 2005, 09:51 AM
Audio files of Bryant on Legal Briefs Monday night will be posted on www.brok.ca shortly under November. They are highlighted in orange so they stand out. There are 2 files; one low quality and one medium quality. Files are zipped because of the size.

Invicta
November 16th, 2005, 10:02 AM
They are up!

Schwinn
November 16th, 2005, 10:43 AM
I'm wondering if part of the positive responses are because of the muzzles. It's certainly a lot easier to identify a pitbull now. I don't know how many times I used to hear "that's not a pitbull!" People are starting to realize how many there are out there, and how many dogs that are actually considered pitbulls. Another thing is people are starting to realize that not all pitbull owners are covered in tattoos and piercings. I know my wife gets a LOT of "YOU have a pitbull??" comments.

babyrocky1
November 16th, 2005, 05:33 PM
The other day a woman who was jogging slowed down long enough to ask me if I was muzzling my dog because of the "rotweiller ban". She wasn't trying to be mean, she seemed concerned, but I kinda just stood there looking confused LOL!

babyrocky1
November 16th, 2005, 06:55 PM
I'm wondering if part of the positive responses are because of the muzzles. It's certainly a lot easier to identify a pitbull now. I don't know how many times I used to hear "that's not a pitbull!" People are starting to realize how many there are out there, and how many dogs that are actually considered pitbulls. Another thing is people are starting to realize that not all pitbull owners are covered in tattoos and piercings. I know my wife gets a LOT of "YOU have a pitbull??" comments. Thats so true, alot of people in the neighbourhood are surprised to see Rocky muzzled, they never realised that he was considered a "pit bull"! I think too, that for people who only know your dog casually, but have known hiim for years,have seen that hes a good dog, and then see him look so pathetic in that muzzle- its jarring for them. Not as much as for me!!!! but still it upsets some people...as it should, and when it does I tell them who is to blame and WHY. Sometimes all I have to say is MB and politics, people know more than he gives them credit for!

babyrocky1
November 16th, 2005, 06:59 PM
They are up!Thanks Invicta, Im listening to it now. I saw the show but I missed the first bit!

seeker
November 16th, 2005, 10:36 PM
It’s 503 according to http://www.bell.ca/media/en/all_regions/images/pdf/television/channels/channel_lineup.pdf

However it seems that this show won’t repeat according to the schedule at http://www.pulse24.com/Schedule/Table_Page/page.asp but you can always email from the home page at pulse24.com.

Also I have emailed the show regarding purchasing a transcript or tape. If available I will share it with you....the next time I'm in the St. Paul’s riding.

Thanks twodogs That is why I couldn't find it I am not subscribed to that channel . I will try to download it from the other site.

twodogsandacat
November 16th, 2005, 11:27 PM
Well he's back on TV right this second. The channel is TVO. He is giving an interview where the host (I won’t say journalist) asks all the right questions. In other words he's selling crap and she's a prop. Gee I wonder who has the larger audience TVO or City TV. I think CityTV.

I guess it will be a long time before he does a question answer period with the public again.

I think that whomever runs against him in the next election should continually challenge him to an open debate with questions form the audience. He'll turn it down (because we can stack the audience as well or better than he can). He'll be seen as somebody afraid to debate his challengers, the coward that he really is.

I'm pretty sure we have him beat in 2007. Everything short of slander will do. It would be nice to co-ordinate and maybe enjoy a good meal while I'm there. I'm not from Toronto so when I go I always try to get to Big Daddys.

seeker
November 16th, 2005, 11:42 PM
The liberals recently fired MS Basset {Ernie Eve's live in}from the top spot at TVO and installed the Husband of one of their own MPP's . I guess they want to use public television as a lauching pad for their propaganda. A place where they wount be challenged because they own the CEO. What host or hostess is going to butt heads with the boss's boss ?

twodogsandacat
November 16th, 2005, 11:52 PM
Very interesting Seeker. Basset may of been a PC babe but she was also a business and arts personality long before Eves.

As for TVO or CityTV, I'll take the CityTV gang any day.

Thanks to Invicta also for posting the brok.ca link. I love that site and should of thought going there first. I really needed those quotes from Bryant - verbatim. Thanks also to Mr. Bryant for making them.

Schwinn
November 17th, 2005, 12:59 PM
The liberals recently fired MS Basset {Ernie Eve's live in}from the top spot at TVO and installed the Husband of one of their own MPP's . I guess they want to use public television as a lauching pad for their propaganda. A place where they wount be challenged because they own the CEO. What host or hostess is going to butt heads with the boss's boss ?

Wouldn't this be the same sort of misconduct has hiring the putz's spouse's law firm? This also smells like a scandle.

twodogsandacat
November 17th, 2005, 01:26 PM
Wouldn't this be the same sort of misconduct has hiring the putz's spouse's law firm? This also smells like a scandle.

Well they replaced a Conservative (Basset) with a Liberal. Of course Basset had a long career in the field and was extremely qualified. I hope the same can be said for the Liberal candidate. Also I don’t believe they specifically FIRED anyone to make a spot for the Basset.

babyrocky1
November 17th, 2005, 05:23 PM
I don't believe anyone with strong political ties should be in that position EVER!

twodogsandacat
November 17th, 2005, 05:36 PM
I don't believe anyone with strong political ties should be in that position EVER!
Correct. Especially anyone that's a Liberal. :D

Does this mean we have to fire her too in 2008?

Maybe they can all go work for Goodman and Carr in 2008. This is where I have to stop typing in order to remain politically correct.

seeker
November 17th, 2005, 06:14 PM
Correct. Especially anyone that's a Liberal. :D

Does this mean we have to fire her too in 2008?

Maybe they can all go work for Goodman and Carr in 2008. This is where I have to stop typing in order to remain politically correct.

Political correctness is ruining North America

twodogsandacat
November 17th, 2005, 06:30 PM
Political correctness is ruining North America

seeker, check your messages.

babyrocky1
November 17th, 2005, 06:35 PM
LOL He never checks his mesages LOL Seeker you can change your settings so that the messages pop up and you wont miss them.

babyrocky1
November 17th, 2005, 07:49 PM
I guess it will be a long time before he does a question answer period with the public again.

I think that whomever runs against him in the next election should continually challenge him to an open debate with questions form the audience. He'll turn it down (because we can stack the audience as well or better than he can). He'll be seen as somebody afraid to debate his challengers, the coward that he really is.

. He HAS to show up for All Candidates Meetings in his riding and so can WE!!!!! ;)