Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Rocko/DECLAWED/MTL

Lucky Rescue
November 11th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Don't let my tough-guy name fool you! I"m a great big marshmallow kinda guy. I don't know why my family dumped me after declawing me on ALL FOUR PAWS, but I don't hold a grudge and am very sweet and sociable! I"m about 4 years old and sure would love a nice home where I won't have to worry about being abandoned again.

Do you have room for me? I"m okay with dogs too!! Lookit what I can do - touch my nose with my tongue!! *Sluuurp!"

MoodIndigo1
November 11th, 2005, 11:48 PM
I just love his Van markings, he almost looks like a Turkish van. Beautiful cat. Great picture!

Prin
November 12th, 2005, 12:48 AM
He's really beautiful. Poor kitty.

kittyhaven
November 15th, 2005, 08:44 AM
Where is this little guy located for adoption? I am looking for a companion for my cat.

Lucky Rescue
November 15th, 2005, 08:50 AM
Rocko is located about 45 minutes west of Montreal. Quite a distance from Newmarket!

badger
November 15th, 2005, 09:54 AM
I went to this website and read up on Turkish Vans.

http://www.cfainc.org/breeds/profiles/turkish-van.html

My Simon looks exactly like the cat in the picture, except his black 'cap' is a little different. He's also intelligent, growing like a weed (although no kitten), impeccable at all times, very very curious and playful but in a restrained kind of way.

Lucky Rescue
November 15th, 2005, 10:59 AM
HE looks a lot like my kitty too!:p He was an adult feral, but now is very sweet, extremely gentle, affectionate and very playful.

badger
November 15th, 2005, 11:11 AM
Yup, same coat too, plush but neat. Look at those eyes: 'I'm so glad you found me, you have my undying devotion - subject to several conditions related to food, shelter and general responsiveness'.

Lucky Rescue
November 15th, 2005, 12:24 PM
Yeah, he does have a thick soft coat much like Simon's.

'I'm so glad you found me, you have my undying devotion - subject to several conditions related to food, shelter and general responsiveness'

LOL - you're right, I DO have his undying devotion although he will not allow others to touch him. I pretty well knew from the minute I saw him, terrified and struggling in the trap, that he wasn't going anywhere.

What cinched the deal was when he reached under the baby gate and placed his little paw on top of Chloe's paw. He knew how to get to me!!:p

poodletalk
November 15th, 2005, 12:50 PM
Are you keeping Rocco Lucky?

CyberKitten
November 15th, 2005, 01:39 PM
Awwwwwwwwww!! That is such a sweet story about Simon and Chloe Lucky, Thx for sharing it!!

Lucky Rescue
November 15th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Are you keeping Rocco Lucky?

Rocko is not at my house. The cat I pictured above is mine.:)

Why, do you know someone looking for a declawed cat?

poodletalk
November 15th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Not off hand, I can put up pictures of Rocco in Westmount for you.

Rottielover
November 28th, 2005, 12:44 PM
I saw that rocco is good with dogs, how is he with kids ???? Love the pic

chico2
November 28th, 2005, 05:29 PM
Rocco is very pretty,I hope the jerks who declawed all his paws will one day pay for their ignorance and cruelty....gosh,I hate some people:evil: