Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog sitting service disclaimer

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 11th, 2005, 09:01 PM
I was wondering if this is typical of a dog sitting service. One that we recently checked in for Joey had a disclaimer on their website that they were not responsible if anything happened to your pet when in their care. Is this normal it didnt actually make me feel good about leaving Joey there.

Considering when I went to pick him up she opened the door up wide and Joey ran out, luckily I caught him, but I hate to think what would have happened if he ran off. What if he was there and she opened the door and he ran out and got hit by a car does that make her automatically less reponsible.

Actually her services would have been 200 for the week and no guarantee that he would be okay when we got back.

I know that everyone says to be aware of kennels that charge a low fee, but we are actually going with the one that charges only 150 for the week.
Reason we actually used to take our former dog there and were also really impressed with the service and our dog loved it.

They have a separate area just for smaller dogs, as well as heated indoor kennel. The dogs are let out in a big acerage to romp and play four times a day. The whole area is totally secure including the gate to come and in out. Also the dog gets a bath for when you return so hes nice and clean. Joey will be going up there on Sunday for a trial visit and to play with the other dogs.

Lucky Rescue
November 11th, 2005, 09:09 PM
One that we recently checked in for Joey had a disclaimer on their website that they were not responsible if anything happened to your pet when in their care.

But they ARE responsible. Since you are paying them to care for your dog, they must take extra care to ensure nothing happens to him.

That disclaimer is self-serving, but has nothing to do with the law, therefore is meaningless even if you sign it.

StaceyB
November 11th, 2005, 10:33 PM
My shop has a double set of doors that you have to go through to come and go. This way only one door is open at a time.

cpietra16
November 12th, 2005, 07:39 AM
THis is like taking your child to the daycare and have them say that they are not responsible if anything happens to your child while in their care.....ridiculous

BMDLuver
November 12th, 2005, 07:53 AM
The first scenario sounds like someone's home who takes in dogs and is not really set up for safety? I would hazard they have no liability insurance whatsoever nor a rider on their policy for this venture.

The second one definitely sounds much safer and a more controlled environment. It's a business so they must have decent liability insurance.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 12th, 2005, 08:30 AM
http://www.hycountrykennels.com/updates.htm

this is where Joey's going now. They actually won a Go getter award for exceptional service. Thats when a customer reports a business or person for good service and they get recognised for it.

http://www.hycountrykennels.com/award.htm

Although I dont like to leave Joey. I am sure he would love Mexico. But I do feel save leaving him at this kennel.