Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Anyone want to answer a survey about Santa?

Writing4Fun
November 11th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Hi all. I know I haven't been around in a while, but I need your help. I've put together a little survey about believing in Santa Claus and how it affects children. I'm hoping to gather some information for an article I'd like to write. Please take a moment to answer this short survey. (http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=309001507871)

If you have any particularly strong opinions on the subject and wouldn't mind being quoted in the article, feel free to PM me.

Thanks a bunch, everyone!

Prin
November 11th, 2005, 04:36 PM
I did it. I don't have kids, so I hope I didn't screw up your stats... I feel really strongly about Santa becaue growing up, we didn't have religion and believing that there is one person out there who gives everything with nothing to get in return is an amazing thought. It also made it a more magical time. I got crap presents, but it's the anticipation of Christmas and the spirit that it invokes in people. Santa is about inclusion, where religion sometimes falls short.:)

jesse's mommy
November 11th, 2005, 04:43 PM
What do you mean? There's not a Santa Claus?????????? :eek:

Just kidding. I took the survey too. I don't have kids, but if I did it is something that would be highly encouraged. If we weren't in the process of moving, my house would be a Griswald house with two Christmas Trees, inflatables, lights, tons of baked goodies, and things propped on the roof so there is no way anyone could walk into my house without believing in Santa!

CyberKitten
November 11th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Done (just do not mind the editorial comments, always a researcher you know but it was fun!)

Re the premise - I am from the opposite end of the spectrum. I grew up always knowing there really was no Santa or Pere Noel (what he was called at my elementary school) except for the ones who you took pictures with at the Bay in Montreal for example, lol (Am I showing my age here?) We were never encouraged to believe in Santa/Pere Noel but it was always fun to watch Santa related stuff.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 11th, 2005, 06:46 PM
My youngest is terrified of Santa. He doesnt want anything to do with him. Although he does believe in the big hairy man with the white beard. :evil:

raingirl
November 11th, 2005, 06:48 PM
I still believe in Santa!!

When I was a child I was out with my parents shovelling snow one christmas eve. We always ordered take out on christmas eve, but it was a big snowfall, so everyone was on the street getting out cars and such. Anyway, we were out and I looked up in the sky and SWEAR I saw a sleigh and reindeer in the sky. NO JOKE! I can still see it. It's burnt into my retinas even now.

Writing4Fun
November 11th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Thanks for answering, everyone. CK, I knew I could count on you to critique my survey. :D