Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Holiday Shopping - Where will you do most?

Shamrock
November 11th, 2005, 03:34 PM
I've decided this year, I need to do my gift-buying earlier than usual, avoid as much stress as possible. I even have considered online/catalogue shopping, though I've never tried this before.

Where do you traditionally do most of your Christmas shopping? There are a number of options and considerations - convenience, value, selection to name a few.

amber416
November 11th, 2005, 04:04 PM
oh I love Christmas shopping! It might be my favorite part of the holidays actually...i love picking out gifts for people. My husband and I go to Chicago the first weekend in December every year, for four years now, to do all of our shopping. It's about a three hour drive from where I live and Michigan Avenue is so beautiful all lit up and decorated. We spend a day downtown and then a day shopping at a big mall in a nearby suburb. The selection is great and it's nice to get it all done in one weekend so there is no last minute scrambling. Of course there are still some things we just order online and you can't beat that for convenience.

I work retail (our Christmas displays started going up in October :eek: ) and I always have a lot of customers tell me they're FINISHING their shopping at the beginning of November. Now that is early.

jesse's mommy
November 11th, 2005, 04:37 PM
I love Christmas, but hate being in stores trying to shop. I love shopping online because a lot of times stores run specials and don't charge shipping -- plus (in the states I know this, but don't know about Canada), you usually don't have to pay for tax -- unless there is a store located in the state you live in. I've gone as far as buying gift certificates online and having them mailed to me. I know it's bad, but I'd rather enjoy Christmas instead of dealing with the hustle and bustle and the miserable people out there!

Puppyluv
November 11th, 2005, 05:31 PM
I do most of my shopping at boutiques for holidays. I actually just did some today :D
The best part: one present for dad, one present for me, one present for mom, one present for me, one present for... one present for me.....:D

Prin
November 11th, 2005, 05:39 PM
You forgot "regifting"...:evil:

Costco... Mostly. Some stuff comes from other places- like I'm getting my bro's girly a hair make-over at a fancy salon.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 11th, 2005, 08:09 PM
Regifting my mothers favorite past time. She wraps the gifts I give to her from 5 years ago and give them to me for xmas. :evil:

I got to put out of the country as well as Big Box stores because we are actually going to be in Mexico the last week of November. So I'll get to go to the market and say. Quero es pesos? Not sure what that means but I no pesos is dollars.

jesse's mommy
November 11th, 2005, 09:40 PM
JECM,

Tell them "Me llamo cheapie cheapie". (My name is cheapie cheapie.) That's what I kept telling the market guys in Mexico and because I made them laugh they would give me really great deals!!!

glasslass
November 12th, 2005, 12:21 AM
I refuse to even think about Christmas shopping and decorating until after Thanksgiving. I know the stores say it'll be my fault if the economy goes bad because I'm not shopping yet. I do love the shopping; I really do. I just don't want the stores pushing the merchandise at me so early! OK! I did have fun in Petsmart last night looking at the holiday stuff. I almost bought some reindeer antlers. My sister-in-law has given me three wishlists already!

Prin
November 12th, 2005, 01:43 AM
LOL Glasslass- first they'll change your daylight savings so you'll spend more, and then they'll give you the Canadian Thanksgiving, so you can start Christmas shopping a month earlier.:D