Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Superdogs saved from vicious monster!

Schwinn
November 10th, 2005, 11:41 AM
Thank god someone was brave enough to call the TAS! Tadpole, a Staffie, was almost allowed to be a part of the show! But thanks to some unsung hero, the entire audience was able to avoid having thier faces eaten off!

/sarcasm off

http://www.pulse24.com/News/Top_Story/20051110-002/page.asp

Some people need to get a life. By the way, were they actually breaking any rules? My understanding was that pitbulls could not be brought into the province, but if the dog is already here, then that is not the concern of the TAS. The only concern they would have, possibly, is if the dog is not muzzled and leashed, and that's if the Winter Gardens is city property. If it is private property, then it is none of thier concern. Thoughts? And remember, family board...

LL1
November 10th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Who owns the property?

Schwinn
November 10th, 2005, 12:57 PM
I'm not sure. But even if it was owned by the city, wouldn't the only thing the TAS be able to do is order the dog muzzled and leashed? My understanding from the news is that the dog was told "he wasn't allowed there".

But really, I'm urked that this even happened to begin with.

Copper'sMom
November 10th, 2005, 01:02 PM
I heard that someone made a call to complain about the dog being there because it was banned, so the owner withdrew his dog from the show. This is how it was reported by Ann Rohmer on Breakfast Television this morning - if i heard it correctly!

Schwinn
November 10th, 2005, 01:21 PM
According to the news last night, TAS told them to withdraw the dog. They also showed someone from TAS saying whether they agreed or not, they were following the rules (pretty much the story in the link). I'm not doubting what TAS is saying, but I am questioning what the actual law is. My layman's interpretation says the dog didn't have to leave. Based on the quote from TAS, it appears they disagree.

LL1
November 10th, 2005, 01:30 PM
Im not sure.Maybe the owner did not want to do the routine muzzled and leashed?I didnt think they leashed them?

LL1
November 10th, 2005, 01:41 PM
You could ask Joan Weston,she would know.She does Bulldog rescue and is a trainer and is really nice,and is part of Superdogs.I bet she knows the scoop.

Copper'sMom
November 10th, 2005, 02:22 PM
I'm wondering if the dog had to come from out of province.

According to the DOLA Ontario regulation on Pit Bull Controls, in subsection 3.1 "approved dog shows must include a conformation show, agility trial, obedience trial, tracking test and an earth dog test but does not include a flyball tournament as defined in section 6. Then it goes on to say that "a dog show is an approved dog show if it is an event, whether held in Ontario or elsewhere, that is sanctioned, in writing, by one or more of the following dog registries:
1. The Canadian Kennel Club
2. The United Kennel Club
3. The American Kennel Club
4. The American Dog Breeders Association"

And for Flyball it has to be sanctioned in writing from the North American Flyball Association.

So basically, if this event isn't being put on by one of the above organizations, then the dog is not allowed to participate!:mad:

doggy lover
November 10th, 2005, 03:05 PM
I know that the dogs are not leashed when they do their run, so maybe because it is off leash. I must ask my daughter if she went to the Superdog show when she was there working with a friends cattle, and see if any of them were muzzled. This law thing is crap anyways. Maybe they should muzzle the lions at the Toronto Zoo I read that a deer got into the inclosure somehow and the lions ate it, in front of people. Maybe that should be against the law they are aggressive too.

Luvmypit
November 10th, 2005, 03:34 PM
I almost want to laugh. Almost!

Its just soooo stupid and and and... Im at a loss for words :sorry:

twodogsandacat
November 10th, 2005, 03:48 PM
The more I see the more I'm amazed at how stupid this law is. Sad.

All because that pathetic little man and the jerks he governs with needed a distraction from their failure to keep any election promises.

CyberKitten
November 10th, 2005, 04:07 PM
How on earth are ppl going to be able to show their pitties at shows in Ontario? I think the CKC should just with hold having any shows at all in the province until the law is recinded. That is just nuts!! And admittedly, this is not something I had thought of when this legislation came in. I thought maybe there would be an exemption made for that sort of thing but I suppose it's a public area so of course the law applies, :sad: This is so unfair - I know pitties cannot be bred in the province but if everyone thought like Bryant and his ilk, the breed would die out altogether!! And it has a proud and noble tradition (Think of Nipper, the RCA dog!). I cannot see this law standing up in court and why is the CKC even holding a show in a province that passed this law! I do realize it would make it hard for other dog lovers to show their pets but oh my, there is so hacoc wrecked by this legislation !

papillonmama
November 10th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Pit bulls are "super dogs" too.:love:

mastifflover
November 10th, 2005, 04:19 PM
Sorry but the only ones needing muzzles and leashes are the idiotic politians and the ignorant public. It is not the pits and staffies. I am sorry for the ignorance that is inflicted on these sweet dogs and there owners

doggy lover
November 10th, 2005, 04:35 PM
I'd like to find the person who reported it and smack him upside the head.:evil:

jesse's mommy
November 10th, 2005, 04:40 PM
I'd like to find the person who reported it and smack him upside the head.:evil:

I'd like to take the pitchfork from the devil and put it --- well you get the picture! :D

Spurby
November 10th, 2005, 04:41 PM
I am sure Superdogs knew they would be risking it with their bully breeds here in Ontario by doing this, i guess they took the chance, not sure why they didn't speak out before the ban? They could have gathered some much needed support as many people love their dogs very much and enjoy the shows, they could have used that to their advantage. I hope they speak out now and show their bully breed members their support.

twodogsandacat
November 10th, 2005, 04:55 PM
My co-workers came up to my desk to see what another co-worker was referring to as stupid. I took the opportunity to update them that this sweet dog is outlawed but the Attorney General (who one referred to a as an ***hole) does nothing to stop gun crime in Toronto.

Message to Bryant. You have to make some arrests before you can use all those prosecutors you hired. Hire some cops as you promised.

LL1
November 10th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Bryant does not hire cops.

babyrocky1
November 10th, 2005, 05:18 PM
I am sure Superdogs knew they would be risking it with their bully breeds here in Ontario by doing this, i guess they took the chance, not sure why they didn't speak out before the ban? They could have gathered some much needed support as many people love their dogs very much and enjoy the shows, they could have used that to their advantage. I hope they speak out now and show their bully breed members their support. Wasn't it Superdogs that did a show on the lawn of Queens Park or was that another group???? I thought somebodys group did it to illustrate how cute and talented the staffy bulls were, Anyone else remember this??? Anyway they pulled him cause they were threatened with sixty thousand dollars in fines or jail time and it apparantly happened just before the show. Then we had to contend with yet another appearnce of the Bryant Monster with his usual brillliant command of the English Language. "We will not be loosening our description of Pit Bulls. Pit Bulls are banned in Ontario!!!! Anyways as Im sure you all noticed, the dog came off much better than Bryant did so although it was really upsetting, I think the coverage once again illustrated how completely ridiculous this is! The scary part for me is that out of all of those people one dumb a$$ "attendant" brought down the whole show...i for Tadpole anyways. just shows how vulnerable we all are!!!

babyrocky1
November 10th, 2005, 05:20 PM
That may be true LL1, but he said that he will on the news, ofcourse, we all know how accurtate his media play is! Sorry I forgot to quote, I am refering to your post that says Bryant doesnt hire cops.

twodogsandacat
November 10th, 2005, 05:23 PM
Bryant does not hire cops. That's my point. The McGuinty government promised a thousand new cops and then once elected have not provided that. Bryant knows that more cops are needed so why doesn’t he lean over and tell McGuinty to keep his promise? If Bryant said they were needed to fight this problem we’d have them. Instead he does nothing. More prosecutors? Give me a break. What are they going to do put ten prosecutors on each case? Cops feed prosecutors and without them the prosecutors are a waste of taxpayers dollars.

Yes I stand corrected. You are right Bryant doesn’t hire cops and he won’t tell his master Dalton that we need them instead he tows the party line and supports the broken promise. Bryant doesn’t hire cops and neither does McGuinty.

babyrocky1
November 10th, 2005, 05:51 PM
Another thing about this Super Dogs Show...the dogs are obviously in an enclosed area so whats the problem??? Ofcourse he cant compete muzzled and leashed...was it because hes an out of province dog??? And if so, did they kick him and his family out of Ontario? No great loss to them ofcourse.

LL1
November 11th, 2005, 10:31 PM
I only posted cuz you said Bryant promised to hire cops,when it was a different ministers responsibility.There are more than enough reasons to despise Bryant,we can stick to the ones that exist.
Bryant does not hire cops. That's my point. You are right Bryant doesn’t hire cops and he won’t tell his master Dalton that we need them instead he tows the party line and supports the broken promise. Bryant doesn’t hire cops and neither does McGuinty.

twodogsandacat
November 11th, 2005, 11:16 PM
I only posted cuz you said Bryant promised to hire cops,when it was a different ministers responsibility.There are more than enough reasons to despise Bryant,we can stick to the ones that exist.

I think this reason to hate Bryant does exist. If you will.........................

I certainly agree that there are many reasons to despise Bryant. One of those reasons being the missing 1000 cops. He keeps repeating the promise to hire more cops but fails to mention that they haven’t been provided. Bryant is the face that we see making this promise and he wants it this way. Bryant is the Attorney General who wants to be seen as “tough on crime’.

The Minister you refer to is Monte Kwinter - Minister of Community Safety and Correctional Services but we don’t hear much from him do we? It is in fact Kwinter who made the promise but hasn’t delivered on it. Over a year ago he assured us that the promise was still valid. "You have to understand that we have made a commitment for 1,000 new police officers".

But it’s the arrogant SOB Bryant that keeps that promise at the forefront as demonstrated by the text in italics below. Maybe instead of reiterating this promise over and over Bryant should shut up until he gets into the Legislature, then stand up, turn around and ask Kwinter where these cops are.

So although technically incorrect I believe it is still valid to ask Bryant where these cops are when he is the one out there in the public view making reference to this promise over and over again. For that I blame him and I will gladly put his comments in quotes and ask again: Mr. Bryant where are those 1000 cops YOU keep promising? If anyone blames him for it rather than Kwinter I also have no problem with that.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/news/5-11-11/34441.html
According to Ontario Attorney General Michael Bryant, the recent shootings in Toronto had left a “blanket of fear” over the city. To fight against this situation, the Ontario Attorney General had expanded the Toronto Guns and Gangs Tasks Force to include more crown persecutors and police officers. 1000 more police officers will be hired for community policing and to service the six high priority areas, which includes guns and gangs. Furthermore, a new law will require public hospital to report a patient with gunshot wounds.

twodogsandacat
November 11th, 2005, 11:45 PM
As a side note to how idiotic the Liberals really are and how they have done little in their two years:

The quote by Kwinter in the posting above was from a Toronto Sun newspaper article dated 2004,03,05 discussing the gun problem that Toronto was having.

As we know earlier this year (nearly two years after the article was first published) McGuinty blamed the States for Toronto’s gun problems. I then said on this very board that McGuinty needed to clue in that those guns were being paid for by Ontario crime. A paragraph from the same article shows well over a year earlier somebody far wiser than me felt the same way.

Public Safety Minister Monte Kwinter held his "Green Tide Summit," on marijuana grow houses yesterday. He made some good points about how pot grown in Canada is exported to the U.S. - and how we get guns and crack cocaine in return. "

babyrocky1
November 12th, 2005, 06:53 PM
To fight against this situation, the Ontario Attorney General had expanded the Toronto Guns and Gangs Tasks Force to include more crown persecutors and police officers. 1000 more police officers will be hired for community policing and to service the six high priority areas, which includes guns and gangs. Furthermore, a new law will require public hospital to report a patient with gunshot wounds.
[/I] Thankyou 2Dogs, this is what I thought I had heard him say when I felt compelled to watch his pudginess do yet another press conference, ... I was starting to wonder if I had imagined it.

twodogsandacat
November 13th, 2005, 12:32 AM
Thankyou 2Dogs, this is what I thought I had heard him say when I felt compelled to watch his pudginess do yet another press conference, ... I was starting to wonder if I had imagined it.

You are welcome. Technically though LL1 is correct that this isn't Bryant's role. Neither was the law requiring the reporting of gun shot wounds. That too was Kwinter and it needed changing. Previously an auto mechanic had to report evidence of gunshots to a car but a doctor didn’t have report the same regarding a human being.

babyrocky1
November 13th, 2005, 01:00 PM
I din't meanto imply that LL was was not correct, I just wanted to point out that Bryant had given the false impression that he was hiring or somehow responible for putting this thing together.

twodogsandacat
November 13th, 2005, 03:12 PM
That was my point too.