Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Shannon Makes the News!

shannon1233A
November 8th, 2005, 05:25 PM
If you all remember our vet made a house call last spring and couldn't get over how Shannon watches Animal Planet so intensely. The came and took pics and wrote her up in their newsletter and put it on their website! Hope this link works for you all, if not, the address is :www.wellingtonvet.ca They took a bunch of pics of her watching and the article is great! It's under "What Talent Does Your Pet Have"

http://www.wellingtonvet.ca/index.php?view=pageView&docid=2721

Roxy's_MA
November 8th, 2005, 05:37 PM
That is such a cute story!!:p :crazy:

Thanks for reassuring me I am not crazy:crazy: . When we go to work we always leave the TV on for Roxy. I alway make sure to switch it from news to animal planet before I leave. The bf always makes fun of me for this. Now I can show him how much animals really do enjoy animal planet!

CyberKitten
November 8th, 2005, 06:11 PM
How cool! YY likes TV too but she is not obsessed with any one show like that. Then again, we have never watched Animal Planet. I see from the article it is on Discovery Channel. I tend to have the TV on the same channel most of the time - news channels or a few serials or sports. I just realized we do get the Discovery Channel - but am not sure if it is the Cdn or US version. Likely Cdn I guess. Anyone know what day and time Animal Planet is on? (and all this time I assumed it was unavailable here, sigh!)

Roxy's_MA
November 8th, 2005, 06:15 PM
Cyberkitten,

Animal planet is a channel. I think you have to have a certain cable or satellite package to get it. If you love animals it is worth it. I watch shows on it all the time. They even have shows like animal cops, where they follow some animal services people with cameras and show them making calls. Some of the content is really sad, but they try and show alot of happy endings. If you have discovery channel, you might get animal planet. I guess it depends how you cable provider set the packages up.

CyberKitten
November 8th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Thanks, I will call the cable company.

Puppyluv
November 8th, 2005, 08:45 PM
Awww Layla loves it when dogs are on tv! she perks up her ears and gets all eager as if she wants to play with them. I have to be careful with Animal Planet though, because she's a huge squirrel chaser, and when rodents come on tv she looks like she's ready to pounce on it.:rolleyes:

StaceyB
November 8th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Montana watches t.v. all the time.

Prin
November 8th, 2005, 10:15 PM
Yey Shannon! Way to impress!:)

Luba
November 8th, 2005, 11:59 PM
YAY Shannon :crazy:

Sadie watches TV sometimes esp if there's a dog on it :D

raingirl
November 9th, 2005, 09:04 AM
I wish Odin got tv....he just doesn't understand it. He will bark at the sounds from the TV, but not understand where they came from. It's frusterating sometimes. I have started to teach him "it's just the TV".