Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Stereotypical Humour?

lezzpezz
November 8th, 2005, 04:19 PM
someone just sent me this....

A burglar broke into a house one night. He shined his flashlight around, looking for valuables, and when he picked up a CD player to place in his sack, a strange, disembodied voice echoed from the dark saying, "Jesus is watching you."

He nearly jumped out of his skin, clicked his flashlight out, and froze. When he heard nothing more after a bit, he shook his head, then clicked the light on and began searching for more valuables. Just as he pulled the stereo out so he could disconnect the wires, clear as a bell he heard, "Jesus is watching you."

Freaked out, he shone his light around frantically, looking for the source of the voice. Finally, in the corner of the room, his flashlight beam came to rest on a parrot.

"Did you say that?" He hissed at the parrot.

"Yep," the parrot confessed, and then squawked, "I'm just trying to warn you."

The burglar relaxed. "Warn me, huh? Who in the world are you?"

"Moses," replied the bird.

"Moses?" the burglar laughed. "What kind of people would name a bird Moses?"

"The kind of people that would name a pit bull Jesus."

jesse's mommy
November 8th, 2005, 04:32 PM
I've heard that joke before and everytime I hear it I laugh at it. It's one of my favorite. That one and the one that, wait I can't post that one. It's a bad joke! :evil:

Schwinn
November 8th, 2005, 04:40 PM
I love that joke. And I heard the dog was actually a rottweiler.

Hmmm...maybe Bryant told it to me...we all know he has a hard time identifying pitbulls.

At any rate, stereo type or not, I think it's funny.

lezzpezz
November 8th, 2005, 04:50 PM
I have to admit, I laughed at it too, and figured that one could substitute any dog breed, or just the word "dog" in place of pit bull and it would still be humourous!

Am I being a little overly tuned into the current issues or too pc? Sheesh! :o

Roxy's_MA
November 8th, 2005, 05:58 PM
lezzerpezzer,

Ever since I came to pets.ca and learned about BSL, I seem to notice everything anybody says about a pit bull. I don't even own a pit bull, and I feel very sensitive about the remarks made about them. I can only imagine how all you pit owners must feel.

I was watching Dead Like Me on the weekend. One of the character was talking to a man with a pit bull. She is standing their saying to the guy, don't those dogs just snap and go nuts and so on and so on.....
I was irritated by the comment. I am not sure if the writers were trying to make a point about the stereotypes (because the dog was so cute and sweet looking, just sitting there) or if they are trying to further the hype by throwing in how supposudly dangerous pit bulls are.

I never paid much attention to the bad rap these dogs have until recently it seems to be getting worse and worse.

Prin
November 8th, 2005, 07:20 PM
I like the joke... It's like the bulldog joke where the person says "whatever you do don't say anything to the bird"... Remember that one?

Today on the news they had the lawyer for a woman who was stabbed in the back and in the head during a robbery in which her 2 coworkers died. She wrote a book about it and the lawyer said they called her "Pitbull" because she never gives up... It was a compliment for the woman, but I'm not sure if that's how people want pitties to be known...

Georgiapeaches
November 8th, 2005, 09:02 PM
You can add any breed in that joke and it would be humurous, even if it was a Chi.
I know most pitbulls would jump on a robber and lick him non stop.

To reply to Prin. Understandably, if someone is called a pitbull it depends on the meaning/term they used, for me to see if it's a compliment or insult.
Pitbulls are a working breed and they are very determined, motivated and loyal. You give them a task and they will give it 200% and they will complete it. That is why they are so taken advangtage of by the wrong people.
Daisy (1 1/2 year old pitbull) is so eager to please us it's very obvious in her personality.

Roxy's_ma, I really like that show, I'll have to try and see if I can catch that episode sometime.

kayla
November 8th, 2005, 10:07 PM
I like the joke... It's like the bulldog joke where the person says "whatever you do don't say anything to the bird"... Remember that one?

Nope. Please share! :)

Prin
November 8th, 2005, 10:18 PM
It's here: http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=17655&highlight=spike StaceyB posted it first...

Schwinn
November 9th, 2005, 11:02 AM
To me, being called a pitbull, most times, is a compliment. I remember my wife was called a pitbull by her manager, because she grabs on to something and won't let go. That's what a pitbull does, it's tenacious and doesn't easily give up. Personally, I think I'd be flattered. I've been called a bulldog before (that's one of my nicknames). Someone said that's because of my build. I'm hoping so, because I'd hate to think it was because of my face (cute on a four legged creature, not so much on two legs).

BullLover
November 9th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Great joke Lezzer!

Thanks for sharing!

Luvmypit
November 10th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Jokes funny...

And its not neccesarily negative. If you know pit bulls you know that they are strong and fierce when they want to be and if a robber enters my home and hasn't seen my dog as yet I would use the word pit bull as a deterrant any day. Even if hes a harmless lazy butt like the one I have.... the robber need not know that ;)