Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

cat behaviour...in heat??!?!

jiorji
November 8th, 2005, 02:59 PM
My girlies play fight a lot...or maybe it's serious fighting...I don't know. I'm confused! They greet each other and lick each other and sleep under the couch together(not touching), but in the morning (at 5-6 am-ish) they chase each otehr around the apartment. Today the unspayed new cat Peanut kept pouncing on Twiggy and she kept running for cover under the bed, then hissing. Peanut would leave her alone, then Twiggy would (like a silly twat) would run back to Peanut and want to play and again Peanut would wrestle her until running for cover under the bed. I had to put them on a time out this morning!

And if Peanut's not pouncing on twiggy in teh morning she's in the bathtub digging away and meowing :confused: it sounds like half a meow.

pouncing goes on at night too but it's initiated by Twiggy and it doesn't result in hissing under the bed.

in the morning when I wake up Peanut's relatively happy to see me...considering she's new and doesn't trust me that well yet. SHe comes and rubs against me and meows, and then I figure "maybe she wants food" but there's plenty of food already, but she keeps meowing.

I don't know what to think of this....

Lucky Rescue
November 8th, 2005, 05:29 PM
How old is Peanut? If she's over 6 months, she's probably in heat most of the time. You need to get her spayed asap.

Intact cats dont' mix very well with spayed/neutered cats.

jiorji
November 8th, 2005, 10:39 PM
roughly a year.

can't get her spayed til after she gets second shots which aren't due yet

mona_b
November 8th, 2005, 11:10 PM
can't get her spayed til after she gets second shots which aren't due yet

I'm a bit confused to this.Why does she have to wait to get her second shots before being spayed?

My cats were 8 weeks old when they got S/N..And they only had their first set of shots.