Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Choir Song

raingirl
November 8th, 2005, 08:12 AM
Grrr..

I am in a choir and last night we sang a song that I did in my highschool choir. I missed the last two weeks, so I didn't have the music, but read over someone else's shoulder. I remembered the song almost by heart as it was one I REALLY loved singing.

Anyway...I won't have the music until next week, but I can't remember the name of the song and it's bugging the HECK out of me! I can't even remember any lines to google....

I think it's a christian hymn, and I beleive it's in the Anglican Church song books that are out now...

the name has hymn in...like Battle Hymn of the Republic (which I thought it was..then realised it wasn't).

Anyone here an anglican and might know what I'm talking about. I know that Man and Mankind are throughout the text as we decided to change it to be more "politically correct" (which I think is dumb for a song like this...)

BMDLuver
November 8th, 2005, 10:07 AM
lol, it's a bit sketchy as to what it might be... I bet something will come to you when you stop thinking about it too much.

raingirl
November 8th, 2005, 10:20 AM
I know. It sucks. I tried stopping thinking about it, but it keeps popping up!

It's a familiar tune too.

raingirl
November 8th, 2005, 02:29 PM
HYMN TO FREEDOM!

I finally remembered it! Oscar Peterson!

"'When ev'ry man joins in our song and together singing harmony, that's when we'll be free"

CyberKitten
November 8th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Oscar Peterson does Anglican hymns?? :) I love it, lol My fav is Make Me a Channel of your Peace tho we also used to sing I'd Like to Teach the World to sing (Seekers song, assocaited with coke commercial, lol) and Go Tell It on the Mountain of course. :) Glad you remembered it. I used to play guitar (and organ and piano etc) at Mass and it can be a fun way to go to Church!

raingirl
November 9th, 2005, 07:58 AM
Well...it was in the songbook at the church we practise in and I remember singing it at church as a kid/teen.

We are singing I'd Like to Teach the World to sing in our concert next week. We are singing 21 songs, and possibly two more! Gonna be a long night.