Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hi I'm new here

duplessis
November 7th, 2005, 08:36 PM
We just moved here and we are looking to give a german shepard a good home, we have a min pin now and she is lonely for a friend we had another min pin but she passed away. Can anyone help me out please.

Puppyluv
November 7th, 2005, 09:23 PM
I'm guessing that by "Here" you mean Oromocto?
I don't know what's available around there, but have you tried petfinder? (www.petfinder.com)
These are all GSD/GSD mixes that are available in NB: http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=1&pet.Breed=German%20Shepherd%20Dog&pet.Animal=Dog&preview=1

mona_b
November 7th, 2005, 10:32 PM
Welcome aboard.:)

Just a few questions.Have you researched this breed?Also,have you ever owned a large breed before?Do you know about the health issues this breed has?

I was raised with this breed.And I have owned 3 of my own.My current GSD is 9 now.My time went into training and socializing.And I did a ton of research before getting my first one,which I was 17 at the time.

Sorry to hear about your other Min Pin...:sad:

Do you have any pics of your current one?

Prin
November 7th, 2005, 11:40 PM
Am I the only one who thinks a GSD with a minpin is a bad idea? MinPins are often pretty recklessly dominant in my experience... Having a little dominant one at home and then bringing a big strong guy to challenge might have sad consequences for the little guy... You'd need either a very submissive minpin or a very submissive GSD...

mona_b
November 8th, 2005, 06:21 AM
Am I the only one who thinks a GSD with a minpin is a bad idea?

The only reason I didn't think so was because there is a woman a few blocks over that has a Min Pin,Chi and a GSD.She got the GSD in the begining of the summer.I have bumped into her walking them as I was walking Tron.She actually stated that the Gypsy(Min Pin) will put Buddy(GSD) in his place at times.But other wise they all get along great.