Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Joey is going to check out a doggie retreat

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 7th, 2005, 08:21 PM
We are going check out a place for Joey to stay while we go on our trip. We are going to check out Charlies Party Pooches
http://www.charliespoochparties.com/about.htm

Joey went through his obedience and ended up doing well with all the excercises, but I am a bit nervous as he hasnt been around other dogs since then. Except to go on walks and to breifly meet other dogs. Any advice on meeting the resident dog/dogs in the house. Joey is better with female dogs then male, and seems to be okay with most dogs once he has met them a few times.

Also what does everyone think of the website it seems to be the best option. As he will be with someone all the time.

K9Friend
November 8th, 2005, 05:40 AM
I send my dog to a similar resort here in Ontario.
She loves it and I've never had any problems but I've also been leaving her there since she's a young pup. If your dog is well socialized, mostly OK with other dogs - it should go OK. Is he neutered?

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 8th, 2005, 10:31 AM
yes he is neutured. We got him when he was six. He some problem in the beginning with aggression with other dogs while on leash. We took him to obedience training and he did great with the other dogs and all the socialization excercises. He is okay off leash with the other dogs at the dog park and seems okay with other dogs if he meets them a few times first.
I am going to meet her first, I am hoping everything goes okay. I know Joey will need some time to adjust. :D

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 8th, 2005, 09:04 PM
Joey will be going for a one hour trail visit tommorow. The owner has a portgugese water dog. I really hope Joey remembers his manners. :eek: