Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Re-appearing bulge in groin area

sbryer
November 7th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Hi all,

I have a neutered 1.5 year old male chocolate lab. I've never had a male dog before so I'm not sure if what's happening is normal and I've never noticed it before or if this is a new thing for him. I noticed last night as I was trimming his nails that there was a plum-sized bulge in the 'tube' (excuse my lack of terminology) between his penis and his rectum, about 1.5 inces below his penis. It was rock-hard but didn't seem to bother him when I touched or gently squeezed it. Moments later it was gone. I let him out for a pee and didn't notice it again until this morning when we got up. It was there again then disappeared after he did is morning thing. Is this normal or a sign of something abmormal? He has no apparent discomfort and relieves himself as usual.

Thanks,
Shannon

Prin
November 7th, 2005, 01:50 PM
It's called the "bulbus glandis" and it likes to um... "bulbus" when a doggy is having a... uhhh... tender moment...:D

Shaykeija
November 7th, 2005, 01:53 PM
Now I that I got my gut laugh for today....:p I be going to visit the rest of the site.

sbryer
November 7th, 2005, 02:00 PM
Really?!? I'm laughing too hard to be embarassed :D

I thought, naively, that the penis came out when they, as was delicately described above, have a tender moment! Shows what I know! Poor guy... Here I am checking him every once in a while when all he wants is his privacy!

Thanks all for not making too much fun of me :crazy:

Prin
November 7th, 2005, 02:05 PM
Yeah, sometimes the penis comes out, but in neutered doggies, that's pretty rare. The bulbus is more frequent... :)

Oh, I don't think he wants privacy; I think he wants to be pet...

jesse's mommy
November 7th, 2005, 04:32 PM
That is so funny. Thanks so much for giving me a good laugh.

mona_b
November 7th, 2005, 11:53 PM
I can definately vouch for the "rare" part.....LOL

This is my boy being ummmm "rare".........:D

Prin
November 8th, 2005, 12:36 AM
I like how you "painted" his name on... Very skilled mouse manoeuvering...

mona_b
November 8th, 2005, 07:10 AM
Let me tell you Prin,It wasn't easy.....LOL...:p

Rottielover
November 8th, 2005, 08:59 AM
it's rare really??? Harley gets like that when ever I play with him, escpecially tug of war. Or when he is watching T.V, and sees a rabbit. I Have seen this many times before in neutered males. So I do not see it as a rare occurence

Prin
November 8th, 2005, 11:54 AM
Well, maybe not in your doggy's case, or in Tron's, but in general, neutered doggies just don't..umm... show their lipstick? that often. But I understand, I mean, rabbits are sexy... :D

Copper'sMom
November 8th, 2005, 12:01 PM
It's called the "bulbus glandis" and it likes to um... "bulbus" when a doggy is having a... uhhh... tender moment...:D

LOL!!! I call it the "butterfly" because that's what it looks like when Copper is in an excited state!

Rottielover
November 8th, 2005, 12:19 PM
LOL, I always called Harley a Horn dog, LOL.
But seriously, I know of many neutered males, that can not have a full sit down pose on camera. Need only head shots, LOL