Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Throwing up bile

jplante
November 7th, 2005, 11:23 AM
My 8yr old siberian husky has been throwing up bile about once a day for the last two weeks. I feed him Wellness, chicken formula and recently they improved the recipe. Would this have anything to do with it, and if not what should I do?

-Jes

BMDLuver
November 7th, 2005, 11:25 AM
I would take the dog to the vet.

Lucky Rescue
November 7th, 2005, 11:44 AM
Agree with BMDluver. I don't think it has anything to do with the dogfood, and at 8 years old, this vomiting could be a symptom of something serious!

Prin
November 7th, 2005, 01:46 PM
Is he throwing up in the mornings or anytime?

imacouturier
November 7th, 2005, 04:57 PM
I agree, this has nothing to do with the food you are feeding. Our dal who has always had a sensitive stomach would occassionally throw up, but about two months ago she had throwing up/diarrhea that lasted for about two days and was throwing up what I now know to be bile. She recovered fully and I didn't think much of it. If I would have taken her in then she might not be as sick as she is today. A few weeks ago she started throwing up almost every other day and I started cooking the bland diet for her upset stomach. She even threw up that with lots of yellow and I knew something was wrong. The vet sent me to the emergency vet for weekend care and she was on iv fluids and antibiotics the whole weekend. Her liver is not functioning right and they still don't know why. This is very serious and you should take your dog to the vet now!

I hope everything works out and it's not too serious. But better to know now than when it's too late.