Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I love my children

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 7th, 2005, 08:41 AM
I went downstairs to check on my kids the other day. They were playing Nintendo downstairs. When I looked in there I discovered they had taken all the gum they got from halloween, about 50 or so pieces chewed it and stuck on the wall. Of course neither one of them did it! It made me sort of mad, but at the same time its humorous too. I made them clean it all up too. Why do kids do this kind of thing, or is it just my kids.

Roxy's_MA
November 7th, 2005, 10:55 AM
I was that kid:D Luckily I grew out of it. Sometimes it is so hard not to laugh at them when they are bad. I guess as long as they don't see you laugh it's alright. I can just picture them sticking wads of chewed gum to the wall.

AliSam
November 7th, 2005, 11:31 AM
Did they at least express their creativity by making some kind of picture out of the gum wads?:D

Prin
November 7th, 2005, 01:45 PM
LOL At least they didn't swallow the gum... Right?

jjgeonerd
November 7th, 2005, 01:53 PM
That's not that bad! When I was in 3rd grade, my best friend and I found some old soft peaches in the fridge after school one day. We wanted to eat them but they were too soft...so we spent the next hour or so repeatedly tossing them into the ceiling fan in the living room. :evil: My parents were not amused! :o

Luvmypit
November 7th, 2005, 03:35 PM
I used to stick my chewed gum on the backboard of my parents bed along with any wrapper that it may have come in. Ya it was quite a surprise when she decided to clean behind the bed. Hee hee.

So many times I have to try to stop laughing at the things my SDaughter does. Especially with the dog. One time he went missing and i went to go looking for him. She is not allowed in any room alone with the door closed with him but I found him. I can hear her saying things like ok Princess caponia what kind of hair do do you want for the ball. I had her dad come and listen in on at the door and if that wasnt funny enough when you open the door here he is sitting pretty in pink. Tiara and a purple and pink cape. Its priceless. I mean she gets a timeout and at the same time I am telling her this I couldnt contain my laughing.

See your kids are smart. everyone knows after a certain number of chews it tastes like rubber. So basically they were just chewing the goodness out and discarding the tasteless ones....

babyrocky1
November 7th, 2005, 03:51 PM
At least your kids don't have it out for you directly, when Shannon was about six she thought it would be really funny to add some oragel, cant spell it, stuff that freezes your mouth for a toothache, anyway she thought if I drank it I wouldn't be able to talk for a few minutes, Or at least I d talk really funny and apparantly seh needed a laugh so she thought she would get it by spiking my drink!!!!-- took a big gulp and spit it out:eek: :eek: :eek: Funny kid... he he he! By the way, now that shes grown she still appreciates a good laugh at my expence!!! So get used to it JoeECockers mom...LOL

CyberKitten
November 7th, 2005, 04:18 PM
Oh yuck, just thinking of that OraGel, ewwwwwwwww!!!!

jesse's mommy
November 7th, 2005, 04:56 PM
When I was little we were having a snowball fight in the neighborhood with all the kids -- boys vs. girls. Well the boys were kicking our butts, basically they could throw harder, so I had this bright idea, let's make iceballs and throw them back it would make it more even right? Well I found a bucket of "water" my dad had outside that didn't freeze so I grabbed it and brought it over to the girls and we made iceballs that actually ended up smelling pretty bad. Turns out the "water" was kerosene and we were throwing kerosene balls at the boys and pelting their jackets really bad. My father was furious at me!!!

pags
November 7th, 2005, 05:30 PM
ROFL! That's too funny, J.E.C.'s Mom!! That is exactly why I follow my children around like a neurotic old woman when they have chewing gum and make sure I see where it goes when it leaves their mouths. LOL I still don't manage to avoid damage though...

For example: A couple weeks ago Dave and I were walking around in the front yard and were quite puzzled at the number of broken shingles that were out on the lawn yet again. We had cleaned everything up a long time ago and we didn't understand why the things would still be falling off our roof.... Until... Our youngest son, William, let us know that our oldest son, George, was hanging out his upstairs dormer window, breaking off shingles, and pitching them frisbee-style into the yard. :eek: We were horrified! When confronted ('Why why oh why would you rip apart what's left of our mangled roof?') the poor boy said simply: "I just wanted to see how far I could throw."

Giggle. We were tempted to call our insurance adjustor and ask if our policy covered 'Small Boy Damage'.

twodogsandacat
November 7th, 2005, 05:44 PM
Years from now you can tell this story and you'll laugh. You won't even remember how much of a pain it might of been to clean it up. We still laugh that our dog Dalton ate the carpet ($3000) but we don't miss that $3000.

Then again you could let it harden and turn it into a rock climbing wall.

Roxy's_MA
November 7th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Then again you could let it harden and turn it into a rock climbing wall.
EWWWWWW:yuck:

I wouldn't want to climb that wall, although most kids that I know wouldn't care.

jesse's mommy
November 7th, 2005, 06:49 PM
That's what gloves are for!

free
November 7th, 2005, 09:14 PM
years back when our oldest daughter was about 9 her and her friend decided to wash my car so they made a concotion of soap water and coke.took the shine right off my side mirror for good. another time they tried to melt crayons in the microwave in a metal can. sparks flew , they never tried it again

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 7th, 2005, 09:58 PM
Luvmypit=I used to stick my chewed gum on the backboard of my parents bed along with any wrapper that it may have come in. Ya it was quite a surprise when she decided to clean behind the bed. Hee hee.
actually they stuck the wrappers on too it was very pretty.0 :p

a while ago my youngest drew all over his body with a black sharpie, incuding his face. Mommy look what I did, of course I had to hold back the laughter again. He drew glasses and a mustache on himself and was just looking at me with a total straight face it was priceless. Earlier in the day they were playing with the paint program on our computer and actually drawing on themselves.

a few days later my oldest got sent to the principles office as he got caught trying to draw on the school with a rock. But he wasnt trying to be bad, he actually asked me a few days before if caveman had paper, and I tried to explain how they drawed on the walls of their caves with pencils they made from rocks. ( I think)

jesse's mommy
November 7th, 2005, 10:30 PM
Did you take a picture of the sharpie face? That would be priceless and extremely useful as blackmale when older...My parents have a few of them on me.