Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Quebec Votes!

Prin
November 6th, 2005, 06:26 PM
Yey! I love to vote. It's municipal election day across Quebec today.

I'm a little upset that I'm not voting in Montreal this time (the race is a lot tighter down there and it affects everybody all around anyway).

In Laval, we had the choice between the same old guy, a guy who recently declared personal bankrupcy, an actor, and an 18 year old CEGEP student. Choices, choices.:rolleyes:

I just hope everybody go out there and voted. Yey!

K9Friend
November 6th, 2005, 06:29 PM
I voted. :evil:
It was evil in my area this year - they wouldn't leave me alone and called me today and knocked on my door to go vote! Determined folks I tell ya!

Prin
November 6th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Yeah, that's to be expected because they anticipate a low voter turnout... C'mon people! One and a half hours left!;)

Puppyluv
November 6th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Yay for voting! I live across the street from one of Tremblay's offices so even if I hadn't planned on voting, I would have been coerced into doing so. (I was going to vote anyways, I just found it amusing how they would ask me everytime I left my home to walk Layla if I had voted yet)

Prin
November 6th, 2005, 06:33 PM
I'd say, no every time and when they ask why, answer "to spite YOU".:evil:

But I'd still vote of course. C'mon people, Vote!:D

Prin
November 6th, 2005, 06:37 PM
I wonder if it's a bad sign if the newspapers start off with:

It was a dark and stormy night and the officials started counting ballots...

(It's thunderstorming here right now... Really. Thundering in November. :confused: )

Puppyluv
November 6th, 2005, 06:44 PM
(It's thunderstorming here right now... Really. Thundering in November. :confused: )
Oh crap, I hate running in thunderstorms :( Must tear myself away from computer before rain makes it downtown....

CyberKitten
November 6th, 2005, 06:50 PM
I love voting - early and often (as we Irish say) tho I better point out I am kidding in case someone thinks I am being rude to the Irish, lol

I wonder if this will be on Radio Canada (we get Radio Canada Moncton as well as Radio Canada Montreal) - would they cover it live? I have not followed the race tho am not up to date on the personalities. Is the Montreal Citizens' Movement still active? I liked it when they were sort of hippies, lol - and now they are pretty mainstream. Yuppies I guess. Montreal has such an interesting party system - as opposed to say Halifax where the mayor is a Tory as in belongs to a traditonal party. Then again, Quebec is innovative with parties. Just think - L'Union Nationale, Equality Party, Rhinocerous - which went national, The ADQ and Mario. Pretty cool actually!

badger
November 6th, 2005, 07:32 PM
Yay for the RIGHT and the RESPONSABILITY to vote! I bet it won't be more than 40%. I'm not so sure we shouldn't pass a law, like in Australia, which fines people who don't vote, probably not at the municipal level though. Ya gotta admit that the campaign could NOT have been more boring or puerile. Still, I hope Tremblay wins, although I voted Project Montreal on all the other seats, they have some interesting ecological ideas so I hope they get on somewhere.

Rick C
November 6th, 2005, 08:42 PM
I just hope everybody go out there and voted. Yey!

You're voting on a SUNDAY in the Catholic Heartland? I find that a little strange (the concept, not yourself).

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

badger
November 6th, 2005, 09:00 PM
The Heartland has fallen victim to raids, seiges and lawsuits, I'm afraid. Sundays are wide open, with a few exceptions.

Puppyluv
November 6th, 2005, 09:42 PM
You're voting on a SUNDAY in the Catholic Heartland? I find that a little strange (the concept, not yourself).

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca
I thought it was a little odd myself, but there was an alternative voting day, which I believe was a Friday.

This one was exciting for me, because i it was the first time I actually went to the polls (My first election was federal, and I was in the hospital then, so I voted a week in advance at the hospital with all the other patients, and my second and third were Calgary/Alberta elections, so I voted by mail)

Prin
November 6th, 2005, 10:17 PM
I thought it was a little odd myself, but there was an alternative voting day, which I believe was a Friday.Actually the advanced polls were last Sunday... No rest for the wicked.:D

Personally, I would have voted for Bourque again, for reasons that remain from the last election.

The same guy from Laval is already declared in. Gilles Vaillancourt. During his campaign he laughed at Montreal because both Tremblay and Bourque bragged that they would plant 10 000 trees in Montreal in the next few years, while Vaillancourt is determined to plant 250 000. Yey! We actually get pretty big subsidies if we plant a tree in our front yard here- too bad the current huge one is so big he won't share the space (but we love him anyway).

I'm glad people take pride in voting. We just have to encourage more people from my generation and the younger ones to take pride in it too.