Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Tantrum

MollysMommy
November 6th, 2005, 12:17 PM
This week has been really busy for my boyfriend and I so we've left Molly home alone more often than usual. During the summer she'd be home for 6 hours by herself, and lately she's been home a max of 4 hours by herself. But this week, it was more like 6 hours. And she actually threw a tantrum on Friday. She refused to have anything to do with us. She didn't want to play, didn't want to be petted, and didn't want us to come near her. She didn't growl or anything, she just completely ignored us the rest of the day. I was shocked. She'd never done that before. She's such a cuddler.
On Saturday Molly was back to normal, but we didn't take any chances and had my sister stay with her while we were gone for a few hours.
And today she's totally normal, so I have no clue what was going on.

Does anyone else's pet throw weird tantrums like this? Maybe tantrum is not even the right word, but that's sure what it looked like.

jesse's mommy
November 6th, 2005, 12:22 PM
Jesse throws tantrums if we don't give her enough attention. She's an attention hog to start off with, so anything less that our full attention is unacceptable. When she throws her tantrums she'll get up and walk away from us. If we try to cuddle with her to make up, she gets up and walks away and will keep doing it. Then she'll come back to where we are, lay on the floor near us, won't touch us or let us touch her, and let out this big sigh and "huff" out of her nose, like "Hmph, see if you like it". It's rather funny.

Prin
November 6th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Boo is a lot more passive. He just lies down and points his nose in the complete opposite direction of where you are. He often looks back by tilting his head all the way back just to be sure he has you exactly behind him. :)

Toonces
November 6th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Brandy has fits all the time, she is quite the Diva or thinks that she is. She gets mad at us after a vet visit, the groomers or if we have another dog over and we pay to much attention to it. She is always on the lookout to see if we are watching her tho, its quite funny. She will totally ignore us and gets quite pouty but comes around as soon as the treats come out :D

Both our girls always react after we have had a foster that has been adopted also, they will have a few good poops in the house just to let us know they are displeased or perhaps they are staking clame to their territory again, who knows but even tho Brandy is a Diva she sure loves the foster dogs.