Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

oops! I think we have the wrong name!

rivers
November 5th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Some of you helped me choose a name for our now 11 week old Schnauzer pup. But...yesterday I met a couple with a 6 month old schnauzer at the park, and they told me their dog also looked like ours when she was a pup, but after they gave her her first cut, all the black fur was gone, and underneath was beautiful silver grey.
So...our pup is black now, but more than likely will be grey/silver when she gets her 'schnauzer' cut in Spring, it seems we have chosen an odd name...Ebony!
Yikes! :eek:

We had her for 2 weeks, and she responds to her name well.

Is there any name out there that sounds like Ebony that absolutely fits her?

Give me some more adorable names please! lol

:D

BTW-the other pups name was Sunday (they got her on a sunday)

Puppyluv
November 5th, 2005, 05:31 PM
I don't see a reason to change her name, just because she might be a different colour. I think Ebony's a beautiful name, even if she turns bright pink, I would keep her name.
Besides, it adds a story to be told...
"Ohh what a beautiful silver dog! What's her name?"
"Ebony"
"Uhhh you do know that ebony is dark/black right?"

:D

sjat24
November 5th, 2005, 06:23 PM
I was gonna say the same thing as Puppyluv, you shouldnt change her name. Ebony will be a memory in your mind when she was a black pup. I totally agree with ya Puppyluv.

rivers
November 5th, 2005, 06:27 PM
I could always call her Ebony-Grey! For the days that she is really naughty, lol

LM1313
November 5th, 2005, 06:37 PM
As the proud owner of an Ebony, I think you should keep the name! :p

~LM~

jesse's mommy
November 5th, 2005, 08:05 PM
Keep the name.

mona_b
November 5th, 2005, 10:12 PM
I agree with keeping her name.

Since she is not a solid black,she is more of the salt and pepper.And she just may keep that colour even after the cut.

My dads neighbour has a salt/pepper.Joey actually looked like your Ebony as a pup.Joey still kept the colour when he got clipped. :)

Prin
November 5th, 2005, 11:22 PM
I'd keep the name. It doesn't really matter anyway because within a few months you'll have like 30 different nicknames for her anyway... :D

shannonRN
November 5th, 2005, 11:53 PM
because within a few months you'll have like 30 different nicknames for her anyway
Ah, so true...

If you're that uncomfortable with her name disagreeing with her color, call her "Ebby" or something like that. But I think you're putting the cart before the horse anyway.

jawert1
November 6th, 2005, 05:03 PM
So true Shannon, Simon and Peaches have dozens of nicknames:

Simon, simonfoo, foo the destroyer, foobutt

Peaches, woobie woo, peacheybutt, fuzzluv

i have no idea where some of those came from and there are more :P

Let Ebony be Ebony, she'll be your fuzzbutt soon enough :)

rivers
November 7th, 2005, 08:42 AM
What about Phoebe?

The only adjustment is us remembering to call her a different name, as it is so easy to slip back to Ebony.

kayla
November 7th, 2005, 08:50 AM
I think Ebony is still a great name. And Ebony-Grey is adorable too! I had a Mini Schnauzer growing up whose name was "Salty' (from the Salty dog song) even though she was grey. People may ask why, but then you just tell them and they will think it's cute;)

Beaglemom
November 7th, 2005, 09:46 AM
I also think you should keep the name Ebony. I like that name. I don't think it really matters if she is truly black or grey or salt and pepper. Our Blacky used to be black as a young pup apparently (I got him when he already had his name and was 6 mths old) but he became more grey as he matured. We never changed his name.