Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost cat in Pierrefonds

montreal
November 5th, 2005, 04:38 PM
[IMG] Missing since October 31, 2005 . Male 10 years old Black&White mostly black. Lost in Pierrefonds west.

jesse's mommy
November 5th, 2005, 04:42 PM
I hope you find your baby.

Sheltielover
November 5th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Montreal,

Hes gorgeous! Good luck with your search....put out lots of flyers. We are in the same boat right now, as we are looking for our missing Sheltie. I have a thread already for her. May our babies be home soon!

chico2
November 5th, 2005, 05:13 PM
Montreal,he is absolutely beautiful!
I don't know the names of the shelters in the area,but I know there are many,from this Forum.
You will have to visit the shelters,not just phoning.Some of the shelters,I believe only give cats 3 days,so please go and check them out...he might be in one.
There are a lot of people here from the area,maybe they can give you some names of shelters to visit. Good Luck!!!

BMDLuver
November 5th, 2005, 05:19 PM
Try going by 17175 Claude Street. Have heard she is still collecting strays out of the area. Also check SPCA and whomever else is animal control for the area. Hope you find your cat... He's beautiful.

Prin
November 6th, 2005, 01:05 AM
Don't forget to go to the SPCA though. They aren't really accurate with descriptions over the phone sometimes...

badger
November 6th, 2005, 09:02 AM
What you can do...

Distribute "Lost" flyers, with a recent picture, in your neighbourhood: poles, alleys, veterinary clinics, convenience stores, grocery stores, pet shops, internet sites, newspaper ads. Posters sometimes get ripped down. Check daily, and replace them.

Ask people in your neighbourhood if they have seen him. Some people don't look at posters (go figure - I always do! however faded) but if you put the flyer under their nose, it may jog their memory.

Contact the Berger Blanc, SPCA, or any other animal rescue organization in your area. Call/email them & go there in person every day. Fill out lost reports & leave the flyer (picture).

Go out calling for your cat early in the morning/dawn (when it's quiet out), with a box of its favourite treats. Back alleys, places where stray cats congregate, behind restaurants where food may be available. Start close to home, moving in circles further and further away. Chances are that he is close by, hiding or (this happened to me) shut up accidentally in someone's garage our shed.

Who to call/email/where to go...

Berger Blanc
9825 Henri Bourassa East
Montreal, Quebec
H1C 1G5
Tel: 514-494-2002
info@bergerblanc.com
www.bergerblanc.com

Jean Talon SPCA Montreal
5215 Jean Talon Ouest
Montreal, Quebec
Tel: 514-735-2711
info@spca.com
www.spca.com

Post "Lost cat" ads...

http://www.petfinder.com/post/classifiedhop.html
http://www.leuleu.qc.ca/
http://www.sergev.com/francais/frampfr.htm
http://www.canadastrays.com/search/...rov=QC&type=cat
http://www.flealess.org/lostpets/quebec.html
http://www.bestfriends.com/index.htm

I don't believe Berger Blanc comes to your area, more likely the SPCA, but it wouldn't hurt to check. I found out recently that they don't prowl around looking for animals but wait for people to call, and even then, the animal has to be confined for their arrival.

chico2
November 6th, 2005, 09:10 AM
Thank's Badger,that's what I was talking about!
When my neighbors indoor cat accidentally got out,we looked for her in a wide radius,but after more than 2 weeks she was found just 3 houses away.The people had been feeding her and eventually called HS,she was microchipped and was soon back home.

cpietra16
November 6th, 2005, 09:43 AM
I was walking around Pointe Claire on Halloween and I saw many kids in costune run after cats just because...which was their answer when I asked, why are you chasing that cat? Your cat may have been spooked. I was told that a lost cat is usually within a 2 block area of where he lives. I hope you find him.

montreal
November 7th, 2005, 02:11 AM
I want to say thank you to everybody for support, help, useful information and links.
I went to SPCA, posted flyers in my area, searching for him, but no luck so far…
He was missing in this summer and after 3 days came back. Probably he was locked somewhere in garage. I forgot to mention he’s neutered, also he stays away from strangers and if somebody will try to catch him most likely he will be aggressive
Also I am very worried about this:
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=9060

Prin
November 7th, 2005, 03:04 AM
I never thought I would say this, but from Lucky's post, I hope your kitty is so aggressive to strangers that nobody with bad intentions will catch him. :fingerscr

Lucky Rescue
November 7th, 2005, 10:59 AM
Try going by 17175 Claude Street. Have heard she is still collecting strays out of the area.

You better have a strong stomach if you go there.:mad:

Go out calling for your cat early in the morning/dawn (when it's quiet out), with a box of its favourite treats. Back alleys, places where stray cats congregate, behind restaurants where food may be available. Start close to home, moving in circles further and further away. Chances are that he is close by, hiding or (this happened to me) shut up accidentally in someone's garage our shed.

Exactly. This is how I always found any of my cats who had sneaked off. Go very late at night too, when all is quiet.

kimr
November 7th, 2005, 10:00 PM
Hi,
Make sure you post lots of signs in your neighbourhood. I recently found my indoor cat (My ad was in here for Lost Orange Persian Cat) after almost 4 weeks missing. It was because of my signs that we got him back. Someone happened to be feeding a stray cat and noticed my cat and had never seen him before. Her kids remembered the signs and followed him while the mom called me. Needless to say, it was him and he is now @ home recovering! I always thought that he would come running to me if he had heard me calling his name, because believe me, I was looking for him all of the time; but when I actually saw him and called to him, he ran from me as he was so scared. Thank goodness I was still able to capture him after coaxing with a can of cat food. Many signs were getting torn down, but I'd put them back up again. I used colour copies. I also checked animal control every 1-2 days as they are only kept there for 3 days before they are put down or put up for adoption! I also took out ads in the Local Paper (they are free for 3 lines in my area). I've heard of lots of stories where cats are found weeks or months later, so Good Luck! People would always tell that to me, but I was losing hope, he's home now. Just remember cats are pretty resourceful and like to hide. I also made up several smaller copies and delivered them to households in my area.

montreal
January 13th, 2006, 11:04 PM
no luck so far.... still missing

Prin
January 13th, 2006, 11:34 PM
:sad: I'm sorry you haven't found your kitty yet.:sad:

sonicsink
February 1st, 2006, 08:36 PM
Do you by any chance live in the boischatel/D'auteuil area? A few years ago there was guy there trapping cats and releasing them on Ile Bizard.

montreal
February 2nd, 2006, 01:34 AM
no, i live in Pierrefonds west. But it could be possible he was trapped.