Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Walls are a good thing...

pags
November 4th, 2005, 05:48 PM
Hey guys. I'm really excited because we've been getting some walls put up for the last couple of days... Ah - progress!
A volunteer group is doing it for us for the cost of materials only.. They've been great but today was this group's last day in town. A fresh new group of volunteers will be here on Monday. :) Ah so anyway - here are some pictures...

This is what it was looking like on Monday of this week:

pags
November 4th, 2005, 05:50 PM
And here's another view - notice our insurance/fema yard sign:

pags
November 4th, 2005, 05:51 PM
And this is what it looks like today! (well.. some of it.)

pags
November 4th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Judge is not sure what to do now that he can't take the shortcut through the open walls into the laundry room to steal socks...

jesse's mommy
November 4th, 2005, 05:54 PM
I'm so happy progress is being made. I know I'm new to the board, but I want to wish you and your family well and I'm happy to have read everyone is safe and that things are getting "back to normal". Healing takes time as does rebuilding. :angel:

Prin
November 4th, 2005, 06:00 PM
I'm so glad you're getting your walls done. :highfive: Eventually, this will hopefully all just be a bad, bad memory... :fingerscr

Umm, maybe I'm a masochist, but do you have any pics of the destruction? :o

pags
November 4th, 2005, 06:14 PM
Thank you so much, JM. :) We appreciate every well-wish we get - the support has been incredible and I don't know what we would have done with out it. Many many thanks!

And Prin - funny you should ask that because as I was posting these pictures I looked at my husband and said "Hey - we need to see if we can find a place to get the film developed..." Woo! See once I loaded up the digital camera with pictures of the storm surge but didn't have a computer to load them off to... I resorted to using regular film cameras that we had stuffed in drawers when I was taking aftermath pictures. I'm not sure what's on there - or if anything came out - but I'll post some as soon as I get them. In the meantime - more storm surge.

Prin
November 4th, 2005, 06:19 PM
That's pretty crazy. That poor car out there all neglected...

BMDLuver
November 4th, 2005, 06:27 PM
Must feel great to start seeing some progress! Judge looks so darn cute! Have you posted a new baby pic yet? She must have grown a ton!

Luba
November 4th, 2005, 08:10 PM
I never thought I'd say YAY to drywall!!

GREAT news pags just amazing sooo very happy for you...and Judge you cannot walk through walls anymore :D

pags
November 4th, 2005, 10:10 PM
LOL Prin! That's right! And when the poor car was flashing its lights and blowing its weak horn in distress -- no one came to help. :( The insanity!

BMD - hellooo! I'll post a picture of Emily soon soon, promise!

And Luba -- I will never look at plain ol' walls the same way again.

Okay - I got the film developed and there's not a darned thing worth keeping! Apparently I took a lot of pictures of the kids but they're super low resolution, etc. etc. Here's the only one I have salvaged so far.. This was taken early in the morning the day after the storm.

Prin
November 4th, 2005, 10:15 PM
That pic could win contests. :)

shannonRN
November 5th, 2005, 12:03 AM
Wow, I don't know how many times I skipped back and forth between those 2 photos just processing that that is the same view of the same street---yup, there's the mailbox under water; there's the car; that's the same tree---It's just so strange how in the 'destruction' pic, everything appears so distant. That morning after pic is very cool but I think the two really need to be shown together like that.

Luvmypit
November 7th, 2005, 03:31 PM
WoW! I didn't even realize they were the same pic. Scary!

I am so glad Pags that you and your family are ok. You don't know what you got till its gone should be your theme. Last year you wouldnt have thought in a million years that you owuld get so excited to see walls.

Again I am so happy that things are starting to move and I know from Lubas posts that its been a long time coming. Good luck to you and your family. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

chico2
November 7th, 2005, 03:49 PM
Pags,hurray for walls!!!The picture with Judge is amazing:love:
Your whole young family is amazing and it can only get better from here.
Are the kids in school yet??and we certainly love to see more pics,of the kids and the animals or the whole family together,four-legged and two:D

Dog Dancer
November 7th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Pags, so good to see that things are progressing for you, slowly, but surely. I don't get on here often, but was glued to this beast while you were in trouble. Thrilled you're back and things are going better. Judge is so cute, hope he doesn't do like mine and go through the wall anyhow...:eek: The pics are amazing - I also didn't realize the two storm and post storm pics were the same view. Wow is an understatement. Stay well.

pags
November 9th, 2005, 12:52 PM
It's just so strange how in the 'destruction' pic, everything appears so distant. That morning after pic is very cool but I think the two really need to be shown together like that.

That's neat how you noticed that too, Shannon. It's like that out on the ocean too, I've noticed... It's really hard to judge distances and things seem really far away when in fact they're not. Back in my sailing days before I realized this - I almost ran smack into a huge floating barge one night because I thought I had plenty of time to turn. It's obviously an optical illusion - a true illusion - since it actually appears the same way on film... Somebody should look that up and tell us why it happens! :D

Luba
November 9th, 2005, 01:54 PM
pags there truly is something very special about that picture...innocence meets the aftermath.

doggy lover
November 9th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Its like Judge is saying I dare you to come back you damn water you. I cant believe the sunshine the next day, the calmness you wouldn't believe what had just happened.