Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

IAMS funds cruel animal testing!

lm9012
November 4th, 2005, 06:34 PM
I don't personally use this dog food..I just watched the video PETA filmed undercover at at a testing facility just ripped my heart out! So sad! The most gorgeous doggies locked up in cages. Please check out this site, and write a letter, send an email, or at least forward the site on to other pet lovers. They can't get away with this???!! :mad:

www.iamscruelty.com

Prin
November 4th, 2005, 06:36 PM
Sorry to say but that's old news and not the worst of it. I think it has been discovered since then that PETA's HQ euthanizes all the pets that they receive from well-meaning people (people who think PETA can find a good place for them)...

jesse's mommy
November 4th, 2005, 06:41 PM
Those poor babies.

Prin
November 4th, 2005, 06:48 PM
Here are some threads where we discussed Iams already...
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=17604&highlight=IAMS
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=14071&highlight=IAMS

lm9012
November 4th, 2005, 06:52 PM
i just saw this IAMS thing..and i'm new to these threads too!

Prin
November 4th, 2005, 06:58 PM
No, I didn't mean it that way... I meant it in that that's just the tip of the iceberg... :o

Shaykeija
November 7th, 2005, 02:03 PM
That will give me nightmares for weeks. Those poor babies.:sad: :sad:

melanie
November 7th, 2005, 04:01 PM
i would take everything peta has to say with a giant sized grain of salt. they are known for their misinformation, lack of qualification in what they speak of, their leader ingrid is a nut who has no idea of what she speaks and is currently being sued by many many industries, and most of all they use bully and black mail tactics to get what they want, they have no desire to educate, jsut get attention for themselves. oh and not to mention killing dogs, yum nice ppl, i love the way they pick on others when their behaviour is no different..

to me their not the most sound, or even sensible of groups and i certianly would question anything they tell you. if you are looking for sound facts try someone like the WWF, greenpeace or any of the miriad of sound and well standing environmental and animal protection groups who actually do alot of great work.

yeah i dont like peta and want to warn all i can of their true nature.

just watch an interview with 'the lack of adequate brain fuction' ingrid newark and you may understand my ideas ehre.

end of cranky rant.:D

CyberKitten
November 7th, 2005, 04:08 PM
I am with Mel and Prin - PETA gives legitimate rescue groups a bad name, sadly. They come up with these outragous ideas to gain publicity and the general public then associates those os who are credible animal advocates (and more mainstream) with those tactics. It's very frustrating.

As for Iams, there is independent info documenting their abuse of animals in so called rsearch (as a researcher myself, the research is quite marginal and not all that nexessary - as is a lot of research even at universities involving animals. Many are gfinding ways to do with without animals, thankfully!

twodogsandacat
November 7th, 2005, 05:57 PM
PETA gives all animal lovers a bad name. Still they sure nailed IAMS. Too bad they were the messengers.

Prin
November 7th, 2005, 07:27 PM
But they didn't nail them enough. I watched the PETA videos of IAMS and if that's the worst they have, they don't have much. And IAMS was right- the PETA person was hired as an animal health tech, so he was responsible, in a big part, for the wellfare of the animals.

Mel, the WWF is the only animally organization I give to. They actually do stuff. They recently won the fight against drilling for oil in the arctic.:highfive:

BeagleMum
November 7th, 2005, 09:01 PM
I couldn't even watch it all. They are beagles and well, I have a special place in my heart for beagles as I am owned by two of them. So Sad.:sad:

melanie
November 8th, 2005, 01:35 AM
lol i thought i would go down in flames for what i wrote before, they get me a little hot under the collar for sure. im jsut sick of peta giving us all a bad rap, that is so many ppl associate animal activism with the peta fanatics and it affects us all, not to mention i hate bullies and misinformed ppl.

CK is very right about testing, but sadly drugs and such have to be tested, and you cant use little kiddies for it (in australia we just use americans, thats strange to me). but i think it high time testing was reassessed, surely with modern tech we can come up with a chemical test or such, not using animals.

prin of the top of my head the only other animal org i can think of is WISPA. but i cant think im too sick so its not a good day for thinkin.

but there are millions and many are country based, ie aussie or canadian.

but as you know i am a volunteer for WWF, which i would only do if they were a quality ethically sound org, so im a little bit of a fan of theirs, hey they supply the funding for my projects so i have to thank them and give em a push. prin thansk for support a worthwhile cause, by helping them your securing a better future for yourself, your pets and your beautiful world as a whole. i thank everyone who generously donates anything, you help us all.:grouphug:

Prin
November 8th, 2005, 01:40 AM
oooh and for Christmas, I adopt people animals... They send them a kit with a little stuffed animal (a good one), and stuff... Yey animals!:)

Wispa is a bit too graphic on their commercials for me. They don't have to sensationalize stuff, you know?

melanie
November 8th, 2005, 02:02 AM
to be honest i cannot look at wispa adds, i jsut aviod them at all costs, they jsut make me angry at humans and the world, they really are graphic and stress me out, but perhaps thats the only way some ppl will get the msg, it has to be shoved in their face for them to notice or care.

but no i cannot look, and those RSPCA adds, nup cant look at them either, hubby has banned me watching them, he cant deal with all the agro and worries ill have a stroke or something.

yay animals prin, great idea and for a good cause, why buy silly gifts when you can get something with meaning that will actually help.:D

Prin
November 8th, 2005, 02:06 AM
And you get a cute toy too!:D
:eek: They have sea turtles and elephants this year too! WWF Canada YEY! (http://www.wwf.ca/HowYouCanHelp/PandaStore/PandaStore.asp)