Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

And you thought pitbulls were bad... (Disturbing video)

Gripenfelter
November 4th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Horrible that they trained them to attack people like that.

http://www.ownagevideos.com/page.php?id=316

I wonder what country that is.

jesse's mommy
November 4th, 2005, 02:53 PM
Awful. Just awful.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 4th, 2005, 09:26 PM
I hate seeing stuff like that its really disturbing to me. :sad: :(

Puppyluv
November 4th, 2005, 09:38 PM
:mad: ARRRGGGHHH some people make me so mad!!! :mad:

I have to go cuddle my dog now, I think I'm going to cry. :sad:

Shaykeija
November 4th, 2005, 10:34 PM
If you look closely at the beaters you can see a patch on their arms. Looks like bad cops to me in another country. Africa maybe?

sjat24
November 4th, 2005, 10:45 PM
OMG I couldnt continue watching that, made me sick in my tummy. I cant believe it!!

twodogsandacat
November 4th, 2005, 11:23 PM
This was in South Africa and the cops were charged AND convicted. The victim continues to suffer.

A bullet would of been more justice but as I said there was a conviction.

Prin
November 4th, 2005, 11:24 PM
Can somebody describe it in a few of words? I don't want to watch it after the comments posted above...

twodogsandacat
November 4th, 2005, 11:28 PM
A white policeman uses a black convict (read innocent man) in order to train his dog how to attack. An innocent man is bitten over and over again. Not worth seeing other than to know that it happened....to witness so to speak. You can do without seeing it.

Prin
November 4th, 2005, 11:33 PM
Thank you.

twodogsandacat
November 5th, 2005, 01:05 AM
Here's the story from November 2001.
http://archives.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/africa/11/29/police.court/

PRETORIA, South Africa -- Four white South African policemen have been jailed for setting their dogs on blacks during a training exercise.

Judge Willem van der Merwe described the dog handling training exercise as cruel and sadistic.

Robert Henzen, 32, Eugene Truter, 28, Jacobus Smith, 31 and Lodewyk Kock, 32, were convicted last week of seriously assaulting the three Mozambican illegal immigrants in 1998.

The policemen, who had pleaded guilty, were sentenced on Thursday to jail terms of between four and five years each.

The judge told the court: "They laughed and treated it as a joke. The (Mozambican victims) are clearly emotionally scarred and it was obviously intensely traumatic.

"The act was cruel and sadistic...It must have been terrifying."

The police officers were captured on video ordering their dogs to attack their three Mozambicans victims.

The video showed six policemen laughing as the Mozambicans pleaded for mercy during the attack in a field near Johannesburg.

On Thursday, the victims sat silently in the public gallery as the judge delivered his sentencing.

The judge said the police officers had only expressed remorse after the video was broadcast on South African TV.

Smith, who was said to be the ringleader, was sentenced to seven years in jail, of which two years were suspended.