Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

update on cloudy eye kitten!!!!!!!!!!

jogrady33
November 4th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Thank you very much for your speedy response to my initial thread SNOWDANDER. Heres what the vet said: :thumbs up
He thinks the eye might have been slightly abbrased under the iris which was caused from playfighting with her sister. He looked into her eye and pointed out a small blood vessel which looked red due to a knock or bump. Miraculously whilst waiting in the vets the eye in question started to react to different light environments, by the time we got to see the vet the pupil was working normally as it should. It still had a slight cloudyness but he gave our kitten an anti-inflammatory injection to reduce the symptyms. :fingerscr
I have just this minute been informed from my wife whilst back indooors writing this thread that our kittens eye is 100% normal again- I cant believe it :thumbs up :thumbs up
The vet said that suuden blows to cats eyes can cause the whole optical nerve to shut down resulting in temperary inactive pin hole sized pupil while the other is dilated fully with clouding.
Thanks once again for your concern- we were fearing the worst for a while there!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :party: :party:

jesse's mommy
November 4th, 2005, 01:25 PM
I'm so glad kitty is well! :thumbs up

Roxy's_MA
November 4th, 2005, 02:09 PM
that's great news! :thumbs up

Prin
November 4th, 2005, 04:50 PM
YEY! Thanks for the update! Great news! :)