Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pitbull shot dead by cop

Gripenfelter
November 4th, 2005, 12:50 PM
http://www.dailyrepublic.com/articles/2005/11/03/local_news/news02.txt

Rottielover
November 4th, 2005, 01:01 PM
That is a horrible way to die. Poor thing was scared. I hope this cop gets shot, the same way he killed sammie

Luvmypit
November 4th, 2005, 01:06 PM
What can I say but rest in peace Sammie.

So discouraging. So sad.

Gripenfelter
November 4th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Apparently the cop is being investigated for the shooting. Must have been some super-breed version of a Pitbull that required 6 bullets in the head to kill. :mad:

jesse's mommy
November 4th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Once again, I hate people! :mad:

Roxy's_MA
November 4th, 2005, 02:23 PM
That is a sad story. I think the cop was really out of line shooting the dog. You would think of all people police would understand that there are procedures for dealing with things, and the system should take care of it. Do cops always carry their guns off duty? If it was a personal matter, as the cop stated when he declined to comment, should he really be using his gun to deal with personal matters? If I was these owner I would be raising a serious stink about this. I feel really bad for his family.

RIP Sammie

Gripenfelter
November 4th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Apparently you're allowed to shoot dogs that growl at you in the states if you believe you are about to be attacked.

jesse's mommy
November 4th, 2005, 03:03 PM
I've never heard that. I don't think that's true.

Gripenfelter
November 4th, 2005, 03:16 PM
I've never heard that. I don't think that's true.

This guy thinks he can:

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3427223&postcount=62

jesse's mommy
November 4th, 2005, 03:19 PM
I don't know what that guy is talking about, but I've asked a few people and not one person thinks it's true. In fact, we've seen news stories of people being arrested for animal cruelty for that.

Gripenfelter
November 4th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Here's another post you'll love:

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3427389&postcount=77

Here's the original thread:

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=407814

jesse's mommy
November 4th, 2005, 03:38 PM
jacka**es! I just can't stand ignorant people!

mastifflover
November 4th, 2005, 03:40 PM
That is vile despicable and what was the point in shooting a dog so many times and especially shooting the dog after the fact. I am amazed by the igonorance and stupidity of humans

Gripenfelter
November 4th, 2005, 03:48 PM
That is vile despicable and what was the point in shooting a dog so many times and especially shooting the dog after the fact. I am amazed by the igonorance and stupidity of humans

They aren't people. They're Americans. :crazy:

jessi76
November 4th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Apparently you're allowed to shoot dogs that growl at you in the states if you believe you are about to be attacked.

I don't understand how that guy could even type those lies with his head so far up his a$$.....

You are not allowed to shoot dogs. It's animal cruelty, and punishable by law. I sincerely hope the above quote was an attempt at sarcasm and that you don't honestly believe that.

chico2
November 4th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Gripenfelter,that comment was uncalled for,we have just as many idiots in this country,it's not solely an"American thing".
Insulting all our American friends is not acceptable :sad:

jessi76
November 4th, 2005, 04:02 PM
Gripenfelter,that comment was uncalled for,we have just as many idiots in this country,it's not solely an"American thing".
Insulting all our American friends is not acceptable :sad:

Thanks chico...

and thanks to Gripenfelter, I'm actually BEYOND insulted right now. I, as an AMERICAN, work VERY HARD to fight against animal cruelty.

jesse's mommy
November 4th, 2005, 04:03 PM
Thank you Chico. I was a little disheartened by that comment as well. As far as I'm concerned we are all in this fight together and the only way we are going to beat this is if we stand together as one and not point fingers.

Gripenfelter
November 4th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Thanks chico...

and thanks to Gripenfelter, I'm actually BEYOND insulted right now. I, as an AMERICAN, work VERY HARD to fight against animal cruelty.

Sorry, bad joke. I thought the " :crazy: " smilie would have shown you guys that I was joking. Just a lot of people on that board are gun-toting-idiots.

Roxy's_MA
November 4th, 2005, 04:17 PM
Just a lot of people on that board are gun-toting-idiots. I read through the thread, and I'll second that :rolleyes:. I actually had to quit reading, I was getting sick to the stomac knowing these people are out there.

chico2
November 4th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Gripenfelter,I did not think you were serious,but we have lost some really good people because of comments just like that,although they might not have meant to be hurtful.
We here are all animal-lovers,but sickening cruelty just like this incident exists everywhere.

Gripenfelter
November 4th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Alright well for the record, I make a lot of sarcastic or cynical comments. :sorry:

I'll add something to my signature if you guys like. :party:

chico2
November 4th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Gripenfelter,I've been known to be a"sarcastic"jokster and have gotten in trouble a few times... :D

twodogsandacat
November 4th, 2005, 04:51 PM
The dog was no longer a threat or a menace and should have been dealt with by the courts. This cop was out of line and used his weapon to extract revenge on the dog. If he cannot control himself in this situation how can he be trusted on the streets?

In some American cities police are 'on duty' twenty-four hours a day but in reality here I don't think he was acting as a police officer but rather an out of control person with a gun.

Shame.

mona_b
November 5th, 2005, 12:43 AM
He was DEFINATELY out of line here.There was no need to shoot Sammie.And I feel so very bad for the family... :sad:

I hope this cop gets shot,

This is an uncalled for comment.And I am VERY offended by it.

White Wolf
November 5th, 2005, 12:47 AM
Thread closed.