Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Not sure what's going on...or what to do

Kelela
November 4th, 2005, 03:22 AM
I have a 15 month old sheppard mix. Her name is Sandi Pie. She is eating and drinking just fine. Its 3 in the morning and i woke up cause I thought I smelled poo in my bedroom (I think she may have farted).....she was drooling all over my arm and panting heavily. This went on for about 20 minutes. I finally got up and asked if she had to go out. I open the bedroom door and she takes off running down the hall.....down the steps and to the back door. I take her out...she starts circling and doing her usual "find a spot" So as she tries to go she starts to yelp...and then the smell! eeewww. She takes a few steps and does it again and she yelps.....again the third time same reaction. She finally walks back to the door with no problem and is now laying here next to me fast asleep like nothing even happened?? What just happened? She just eats dog food no people food. She eats at the same time everyday and there has been no change in food or routine. Thanks for any help you can give.

BMDLuver
November 4th, 2005, 07:08 AM
I would take her in for a vet checkup.. maybe her anal glands are impacted? Either way, a good checkup is necessary.

Lucky Rescue
November 4th, 2005, 10:03 AM
Dogs can find things to eat in places we never think of. She may have been panting and drooling in pain due to severe cramps and diarrhea.

Don't feed her today, and rest her stomach. See how she is tomorrow.

Kelela
November 4th, 2005, 06:31 PM
I had Sandi checked out...She had the runs!...lol she has a cold which is why she got it. She's allergic to cigarette smoke! She got some meds and is back to her playful self! I just moved all the furniture outside to air out and bleach mopped the whole house every corner and crack I could find! She is doing so much better. If anything had really happened to her my little boy would have been devesated! We just put down our last dog of 11 years and he was afraid we would have to do the same thing to her. I tried to tell him she would be okay...but still he cried. I fought to get him out the door for school this morning and he came home to his baby girl playing around. We are all very happy. Thank you both for everything. muah

Prin
November 4th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the update. I'm glad your doggy is ok.

Does that mean you have to quit smoking? ;)

jesse's mommy
November 4th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Does that mean you have to quit smoking? ;)

Kelela, you have a great online support group to help you through it! :grouphug: