Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

new member-niagara area

cutterdeville
November 4th, 2005, 02:01 AM
we would like to say hello to everyone and say it is great resources you have available on this forum-we live in the st.catharines area and have had a number of different pets including a pot belly pig,cats,rats,fish and reptiles but our dogs have always had a special place in our hearts-we currently own a mini dauschund named keefer and it is our second lap dog after having large breed dogs-it's so nice to see a group of people dedicated to the fight for animals that can't fight for themselves-i know we will enjoy all info on site and look forward to gathering more-g'day

jesse's mommy
November 4th, 2005, 05:26 AM
Welcome to the board.

SnowDancer
November 4th, 2005, 10:41 AM
Love mini Dachshunds - and sadly, am an expert. Any problems just ask. If your dog is a true Alpha, a couch/bed potato for sure, as well as a gourmand, but trust me the very first to alert and protect Mommy - with emphasis on the protect. If you have seen the commerical on TV with the mini running around with the giant long toy - and then running up a huge flight of stairs with it - well, it is a cute commercial, except for the very bad message it sends re the stairs, not to mention the added stress of the giant toy. Depending on your pup's age, you might want to consider getting a ramp to help access to bed and couch. I know they have no problem jumping up or down, but stress on back is bad. Ramps are so readily available these days. If your pup is young enough, just might actually be able to be trained to use it. Good that you live in St. Catherines - closer to Guelph. I live in Toronto. Met a mini on the street yesterday, so had my "Dachshund Fix". Hugs and kisses galore, much to his mom's surprise.