Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Any Comments on This?

CyberKitten
November 3rd, 2005, 06:19 PM
It is well known that it is cat dander and not cat hair that causes allergies unless this little boy has some new allergy that has just been identified (Hey, it's possible, not probable but possible - anything is possible)/ So any thoughts on this - I am thrilled this child is happy - I just hope the dander does not lead to a good cat being surrendered due to lack of research.

Thursday, November 03, 2005 13:44
Boy's wish for hairless cat comes true

The look of sheer joy on her son Dax's face brought Nadine Law to tears.

Dax Law hugs his new cat Blaze after the hairless feline was presented to him at the Sudbury airport.
It took almost a year of planning to make a dream come true, but Dax's wish to own a rare hairless cat became reality Tuesday evening.

Nadine "tricked" her 11-year-old son into believing he had won a free limousine ride to Sudbury Airport, where he would get the chance to watch airplanes and helicopters take off and land.

When Dax arrived at the airport, along with a large entourage of cousins, aunts, uncles and his grandparents, he was ushered aside and presented with Blaze, a four-month-old hairless Sphinx, thanks to the Sunshine Dreams for Kids organization.

"Thank you all so much," he repeated over and over again while being surrounded by family and media after being presented with Blaze. "I'll cherish this forever."

Dax loves cats, but has serious allergies to most breeds. The bright and ambitious youngster discovered through the Internet there were hairless breeds.

The boy suffers from juvenile arthritis and has to undergo regular physiotherapy and therapeutic treatment. He travels to Toronto's Hospital for Sick Kids three or four times a year, where he receives injections to treat his illness.

Prin
November 3rd, 2005, 07:38 PM
Same ol' story, IMO.

mastifflover
November 4th, 2005, 08:14 AM
Well we all pretty much know what happens next, the cat still bothers his allergies and gets dumped. Well isn't that just a heartwarming story for the kid but probably not the cat. SAME OLD SAME OLD