Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

cat pooping by door

lightmylucky
September 11th, 2003, 01:27 PM
Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I rescued a 1 year old newly neutered male persian about a month ago. On his 3 day with us he pooped and pee-ed on the floor by our front door (we live in an apartment building). I thoroughly cleaned this up (Nature's Miracle truely is a miracle!) and there hadn't been another mishap - until yesturday. My boyfriend came home and hung out with him for a bit and then as he was making dinner he noticed the cat squating by the door pooping. This is 3 weeks after the first incident and he didn't pee this time - thank goodness! I can't for the life of me figure out why. His litter box gets cleaned daily and he doesn't seem to have a problem with the litter (the first time could be attributed to that as I was using the recycled newspaper litter and he kicked a great deal of it out of the box... now I am using Maxx clumping and he is much happier with it).
Any one have any thoughts? I just can't figure out why he is doing it!

Lucky Rescue
September 11th, 2003, 02:05 PM
Hmmm...I'm wondering if this is the reason this cat was dumped in the first place.

Here are tons of links on litterbox problems - I'm sure one of them will help you.
Whichever method you use, stick with it and be patient. Don't try something for a day or two and move to something else - this will only confuse the cat and make matters worse. Good luck, and thanks for rescuing.:)

Litterbox problems (http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Pointe/9352/litterboxhelp.html)