Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

R.I.P Rex

Sylvester
November 2nd, 2005, 10:23 PM
Rex was a 2 year old Jack Russell Terrier who enjoyed the finer things in life. He was born to our other dog Jackie (6 yrs) along with his 2 sisters and 3 brothers. I raised the little sucker since he was born. He gave us trouble with house training but he finally stopped doing his business in the house. I left for university and a week later Rex started losing weight and drinking a lot of water and doing his business in the house. My folks took him to the Vet. ran some tests and it turned out he had Diabetes….I couldn’t believe it at the age of 2 for Rex to have diabetes. We started him on insulin twice a day. He got back to normal. 4 weeks later his weight dropped significantly. We took him to the vet and it turned out his body was rejecting the insulin. We increased the amount but it wasn’t working. He grew weak and lost his zest for life. With the veterinarian’s suggestion and are sadness to see him in such suffering I decided to put him down. As soon as you stepped in the house he was begging you to pick him up. As soon as you lay down on the couch he would jump up and lay beside you…licking you all over your face. My best friend...one that loved threw thick and thin left this world Thursday October 27, 2005 at 11:40am. It was the worse day of my life…not a day goes by that I don’t think of you Rex, may your little soul rest in peace.

P.S. He leaves behind his mom Jackie, and his “Wife” and 5 puppies that are now 4 weeks old. I think I am going to keep the one that has the brown patches on his back in memory of Rex, and name him Rex Jr.

Sylvester
November 2nd, 2005, 10:24 PM
Rex 3 days before he was put down.

Sylvester
November 2nd, 2005, 10:27 PM
His little kids...the brown one with his head barried is soon to be Rex Jr.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
November 2nd, 2005, 10:45 PM
:sorry: I am so sorry to hear about Rex he looks so healthy in the first picture its hard to imagine he could have gotten so sick.
I hope you dont mind me saying so but have you thought of getting Rex's wife fixed isn't it possible for the diabetes to be passed onto the pups.
Once again I am sorry about Rex.

Prin
November 2nd, 2005, 11:04 PM
So sorry for your loss. I hope none of those puppies inherit this condition and make this situation much worse. :sad:

Sylvester
November 3rd, 2005, 12:05 AM
The female JRT that had the pups is not ours but my moms friend. I was away all summer and was not informed of the event. But what happened my family went to a gathering at a cottage for a weekend. With a few dogs there including mine. And made the mistake of letting them lose. The owners have been informed of the sad situation. And they will do what they beleive is right. As for the pups i know there are more then enough dogs in the world. But i hope and pray that these ones will make it to a good home. And still dont understand how Rex ended up with this disease. We keep track of all the dogs that we have come around and none have it. Jackie who is Rex's mother, and Jacub who was his father did not have it. Rex's 5 siblings who we all keep track of also do not have it. Atleast not yet for that matter. Everything i red about Diabites leads to being over weight, or genetics. But yet Rex has been the only one, maybe its just to early to tell. I pray that the new pups dont get it.

Roxy's_MA
November 3rd, 2005, 09:27 AM
:sorry: So sorry to hear about Rex. RIP little guy.

girl on wheels
November 3rd, 2005, 10:19 AM
I am so sorry for your loss, this is always one of the hardest things to go through.
Hold tight to your memories and the love that was between you, for these things will always be there to comfort you, and nothing can diminish them.
dawn

april07
November 3rd, 2005, 10:35 AM
:sorry: I'm so sorry for your loss

jesse's mommy
November 3rd, 2005, 11:42 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss.