Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Have you ever watched your dog sleep & dream?

jesse's mommy
November 2nd, 2005, 10:42 PM
I'm sitting here on the sofa and Jesse is next to me with her head on a pillow and has been snoozing for about 1 1/2 hours now. I'm watching her not only run in her sleep (which is common), but is talking in her sleep by barking and doing something similar to a cry/yelp, but it's not a painful sounding yelp. She's also been smiling where you see her crooked front teeth and licking/kissing in her sleep -- she's a big kisser when she's awake -- I guess she's dreaming of kissing someone or something. It's rather funny to watch, but she's so peaceful at the same time.

Prin
November 2nd, 2005, 10:51 PM
I love watching... My doggies drink and growl and hump in their sleep all the time. Last night, I couldn't sleep, so with my raspy, nasal voice, I started singing. I thought I would keep them up (they were on either side of me) but they started dreaming almost right away. I love it. To me, a dreaming doggy is a doggy who feels safe enough to drop its level of alertness. It's an honor for me (especially with these two anxious doggies).

Puppyluv
November 2nd, 2005, 11:14 PM
Layla's doing it right now. It's one of my fave things, until she gets really into it, and then she cries and tremmors, and it kind of creeps me out, so I calm her down, but while she's just running, curling her lip, and making cute noises, it's really cute.

GisyCard
November 3rd, 2005, 01:32 AM
My puppy sometimes looks like he is sucking on something (maybe drinking from his mother?). It is the cutest thing. He also pushes with his front paws. :)

jawert1
November 3rd, 2005, 09:32 AM
Simon will start sniffing like he's hot on the trail of a bunny or bird, will make weird little noises and kick his paws and tail will go straight out like he's in a point. Peaches is more like me, a twitcher when she sleeps but not much else :)

Luvmypit
November 3rd, 2005, 04:26 PM
Capone dreams alot and at first I got worried and would wake him. I know to leave him now. he would twitch and make muffled yelps. His little lip flaps would open and close and fluff up when he was huffing and puffing.

My old dog Bo actually would suckle and I could put my pinky finger in his mouth and he would suck on it. We found him in a box in the rain and he must have been only 4 weeks old so i assume he was weaned too early. Maybe that is the case with you dog Gisycard?

doggy lover
November 3rd, 2005, 04:43 PM
I often wonder if they are good dreams or bad? Tucker mostly runs in his sleep, go figure he doesn't do enough during the day. lol

Prin
November 3rd, 2005, 04:57 PM
Boo and Jemma had nightmares for a while when we first got them. Jemma cried in her sleep and sometimes wet her bed (unrelated to her hormone incontinence). Boo got hit in his dreams. You could see his head and body flinching. I wake them up when they're nightmaring like that though. When they're running and barking, I don't bug them ever..

shannonRN
November 4th, 2005, 02:03 AM
Rom has peaceful, bunny-chasing dreams where he wags his tail against the floor (thump-thump-thump) and flicks his paws. Moo, on the other hand, has some really upsetting tendencies to flinch, whimper, whine and sometimes gets quite worked up, making this huffing sound. I can only imagine what she's dreaming about--I try not to actually. :(