Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My 6 month old cat sugar

kittenlove77
November 1st, 2005, 08:15 PM
hey, i realy want my female cat to have kittens because they are so adorable and my mom sais we would keep them if we ever did.
she is starting to go in to heat but there is no male cat for her to mate with as my other cat is nuteured.
so i was thinking of these three ways to get her pregnant:

1. let her stay with my friend and her cat which is an un nuteured male for a while
2. try to catch a stray tomcat and sneek him in to the house until he mates with her
3. put her outside for a night and see if she is pregnant

which one seems like the most likely?

kittenlove77
November 1st, 2005, 08:16 PM
Please someone i need your advice

its kinda troubling me i need tips! lol

jesse's mommy
November 1st, 2005, 08:25 PM
Isn't that kind of young to force a pregnancy on her? I mean, she is still just a baby herself. Couldn't you wait a year or two? She's just a baby.

kittenlove77
November 1st, 2005, 08:32 PM
she is in heat she has already had her period so he is ABLE to get pregnent so i dont know why.
ive heard of 5 months getin pregnant but anyways
ps: were getting her fixed in january or febuary.

jesse's mommy
November 1st, 2005, 08:33 PM
So does a little girl at 12 years old when she gets her period, but we don't encourage it...

kittenlove77
November 1st, 2005, 08:33 PM
so yeah i dont think waiting a year or two is gonna cut it. lol

kittenlove77
November 1st, 2005, 08:35 PM
thats a good point its just thats always been my dream to have little newborns round the house but i guess she is a bit young but could you answer my question anyways please which one to you seems like itll work the most.

kittenlove77
November 1st, 2005, 08:38 PM
i wonder if 2 days is too young to be taken away from their mothers...?

kittenlove77
November 1st, 2005, 08:39 PM
Are You Still There?

jesse's mommy
November 1st, 2005, 08:43 PM
Couldn't you just rescue some kittens from a shelter? It's just that if you are willing to open your home to a litter of kittens, why not just adopt some that need a home? I mean there are so many unwanted kittens and cats out there that need homes, it just seems like the logical thing to do. Spay and neutering is definitely the way to go because it really does make a difference.

I just don't want to tell you which one I think would be best because I don't agree with any of them. I don't think it's a good idea at all. I definitely wouldn't trap a tomcat and bring it into the house because it's not an indoor cat and can do major damage not just to your home, but also possibly to you, your family, or you pet(s), plus cats and kittens that go to shelters require blood tests for AIDS and Leukemia before they are adopted out so why would you want to chance your kittens health. If you have an indoor kitten, why would you chance the dangers of putting it outdoors? I just don't think you've really thought this through completely and are putting your own satisfaction ahead of the well being of your pet.

jesse's mommy
November 1st, 2005, 08:46 PM
Yes 2 Days Is Too Young To Be Taken From Their Mother. They Could Die. They Need The Mother To Survive To Nurse From.

happycats
November 1st, 2005, 09:38 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmm :troll: :troll: :troll:

kayla
November 1st, 2005, 10:12 PM
Yup, a :troll: who can't even count (note birthday vs age). I think even a 14 year old would know their own age!

Lucky Rescue
November 1st, 2005, 11:02 PM
Yes, kittens sure are adorable. I'm sure the staff at the humane societies find them cute too, when they put them on a steel table and stick a needle in them to kill them. They must do this because of people like YOU and your mother who think breeding cats is a bright idea and there are not nearly enough homes.

You'll keep them all? Get 5 - 7 cats spayed and neutered? Is your mom going to shell out 500$ + do do that, all at the same time? Not to mention the price of all that food.

A 6 month old cat having kittens would be like you having a baby. Maybe you should do that instead.

An even better idea is to take in an unwanted litter that is already here, because of irresponsible morons, and help these kittens stay alive. They're cute too! I should know, I've got a litter of them in my bedroom. :mad:

kayla
November 1st, 2005, 11:07 PM
Well said. :thumbs up

White Wolf
November 2nd, 2005, 12:49 AM
This thread is closed. Please do not reopen this issue.